The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Could this be the reason Innocent people are banned?

mkshepherd1
mkshepherd1
✭✭
I use my main account to go collect the surveys that I earn with my 7 other alt accounts. I use my main because the mount is maxed out and can kill the enemies in the area the surveys are in. So my main only earned a small amount of the surveys so he should only earn the proportionate amount of raw mats. But since I have all my alts surveys I am going to have way more raw mats.
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you got banned and really didn't do it then maybe they botched whatever detection method they use to find the exploiters, but if you're just wondering out loud and haven't been banned yourself then I'm inclined to think everyone saying they got banned by accident are just butthurt that they got caught. If you got banned as well maybe you're also one of those butthurt people who doesn't want to admit their mistake, but I dont like to presume.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • mkshepherd1
    mkshepherd1
    ✭✭
    All I'm saying is if ZoS is using that method to detect the exploiters maybe they should consider all possibles of false positives. I mean all they would have to do is refine their search to include all accounts surveys to raw mat ratio.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my main account to go collect the surveys that I earn with my 7 other alt accounts. I use my main because the mount is maxed out and can kill the enemies in the area the surveys are in. So my main only earned a small amount of the surveys so he should only earn the proportionate amount of raw mats. But since I have all my alts surveys I am going to have way more raw mats.

Yes that is what we are all saying happened. When i do my survey rotations after completing all my writs on 8 toons i have over over 1,000 of ore and silk each from all the combine nodes i took at the surveys, the ones i grab running between them, and my hireling mails. I never have that many wood though as i don't stop to pick up extra of that.

What really bothers me is i don't get enough void stone, void bloom and nightwood. So i actually buy that from guild vendors to have enough to keep doing my writs on all 8 toons. ZoS could easily see that and realize im not looting high volumes of those yet they are at the same node locations. They really dropped the ball on how they could have handled detecting people who exploited and who didnt.

My account only as about 10-15 stacks each of rubidite ore, and Ancient silk. I have double the amount of rubido leather at around 30 stacks and you cant even exploit that from surveys! And those numbers have all stayed stable for me over the last few months. There is no reason they should have messed up these suspensions. Its obvious they didnt even bother to look into peoples accounts to check small details like this.
    Edited by Inklings on April 30, 2016 2:55PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They made post on how they determined. Pretty much it had to be obvious
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »

Yes that is what we are all saying happened. When i do my survey rotations after completing all my writs on 8 toons i have over over 1,000 of ore and silk each from all the combine nodes i took at the surveys, the ones i grab running between them, and my hireling mails. I never have that many wood though as i don't stop to pick up extra of that.

What really bothers me is i don't get enough void stone, void bloom and nightwood. So i actually buy that from guild vendors to have enough to keep doing my writs on all 8 toons. ZoS could easily see that and realize im not looting high volumes of those yet they are at the same node locations. They really dropped the ball on how they could have handled detecting people who exploited and who didnt.

My account only as about 10-15 stacks each of rubidite ore, and Ancient silk. I have double the amount of rubido leather at around 30 stacks and you cant even exploit that from surveys!

Your daily runs sound almost identical to mine so hopefully ZOS can gain some insight from these posts and figure out how they have miscalculated.
  • mkshepherd1
    mkshepherd1
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they made a mistake by admitting that innocent ppl might be banned. They just admitted they banned everyone who uses their main to get the raw mats from their alts surveys.
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

And that's the problem, people have been banned without doing any of the things that have been posted.
  • mkshepherd1
    mkshepherd1
    ✭✭
    I also find it funny they ban people on a Friday knowing the weekend no one works to look into the issue. Then come Monday all the innocent ppl that were banned are out of a weekend of playing.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

And that's the problem, people have been banned without doing any of the things that have been posted.

And thus, I am dealing with said circumstances... I just hope my hard-earned materials won't be taken from me. Because honestly, I'll raise all types of hell if that happens. Not only did would they have falsely banned me... Not only would I have wasted my money on a $50 banker... But then, they strip from me materials? No, I would snap and lose all remaining control I had on myself for this company.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 30, 2016 3:06PM
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    I also find it funny they ban people on a Friday knowing the weekend no one works to look into the issue. Then come Monday all the innocent ppl that were banned are out of a weekend of playing.

It would of made far more sense for them to impose the bans on Monday when they are around to fix any mistakes, it's not is if the data they use for calculation is going to disappear over the weekend.

Also by now we'd be over 2 hours into their working day so more likely to have some comment from the mod team who understandably are rather quiet right now.

• Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would of made far more sense for them to impose the bans on Monday when they are around to fix any mistakes, it's not is if the data they use for calculation is going to disappear over the weekend.

Also by now we'd be over 2 hours into their working day so more likely to have some comment from the mod team who understandably are rather quiet right now.

Yeah about that... They did their first mass banning over the duping bug the Friday night of Easter Weekend!
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they made a mistake by admitting that innocent ppl might be banned. They just admitted they banned everyone who uses their main to get the raw mats from their alts surveys.

No they didnt

They said they banned everyone who made over 500 raw mats from the same survey.
    Edited by Buffler on April 30, 2016 3:19PM
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »

No they didnt

And Kai in the same post also admitted mistakes were made. So.......
  • mkshepherd1
    mkshepherd1
    ✭✭
    That was what they were trying to ban. How they looked for the exploiters is the issue in question. They didn't look into the possibility that users would have more raw mats if they used their main to collect the surveys their alts earned.
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭

No they didnt

Just to be pedantic, Kai said mistakes could have been made not that they were.

Some of us on here today know for certain that mistakes were made although of course we can't prove it.
  • Lunaris_Tenebrae
    Sorry to burst all the fanboy bubbles but I was also banned due to this automated system and I have never exploited surveys, and I have certainly never obtained 500 or even any abnormally large amount of materials from the surveys (abnormal amount excluding potential very lucky multiple double procs from CP passive). But I did have surveys in my bank, and I do have lots of legitimately earned materials on my mules so that must have been enough for their bot. Unfortunately the "customer support" people refuse to help and to make things worse of course they did automated bans on a Friday evening so they could just leave for the weekend and ignore all the fallout.

A 72 hour ban from this sub-par game is fine, the worst part of this is being slandered a cheater and getting no apology for it.
    Edited by Lunaris_Tenebrae on April 30, 2016 3:28PM
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they didnt

I have no doubt mistakes were made.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writs shouldn't be account wide anyways, most likely was never intended to be used account wide, resource writs should be locked to the character that makes it. Problem solved.

Seems like the system was abused long before this "bug" seeing all the posts about players using just one char to go farm the writs.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    The writs shouldn't be account wide anyways, most likely was never intended to be used account wide, resource writs should be locked to the character that makes it. Problem solved.

Seems like the system was abused long before this "bug" seeing all the posts about players using just one char to go farm the writs.

One character farming the writs from alts is not abusing anything.

Farming the same survey over and over without it being "consumed" is
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT exploiters cry about getting banned and claim that they didn't do anything. So much salt. So tasty/
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your sure about that ?

I foresee a lock on res writs to the char that made it coming....
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the "customer support" people refuse to help.

Did you appeal the ban and get a response that they wouldn't look into it ?
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They actived code they had in the game already, this allows them to detect duped items. Heres the thing, every item is recorded in the game itself, they can track every type of item, and also track where its been and how it was given to you. Duping would be easy to spot by a automatied system because they programed it to tell them if items were being created and what was causing the items to be given or created, duped items would be easy to spot because banks can't create new items without it being glitch nor nodes.

I assume these nodes are not ment to create new items after being opened without the node disappearing but a glitch allows it to happen the same way the bank glitch happened. Thus the code would be able to detect that and ban players expoiting this duping glitch. They did this to get a handle on players trying to expoit this glitch while they can find a fix for the problem. I'd expect them to at least have it patched soon.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 30, 2016 3:49PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    They actived code they had in the game already, this allows them to detect duped items. Heres the thing, every item is recorded in the game itself, they can track every type of item, and also track where its been and how it was given to you. Duping would be easy to spot by a automatied system because they programed it to tell them if items were being created and what was causing the items to be given or created, duped items would be easy to spot because banks can't create new items without it being glitch nor nodes. I assume these nodes are not ment to create new items after being opened without the node disappearing but a glitch allows it to happen the same way the bank glitch happened. Thus the code would be able to detect that and ban players expoiting this duping glitch. They did this to get a handle on players trying to expoit this glitch while they can find a fix for the problem. I expect them to at least have it patched soon. .

Unfortunately like a lot of their code it doesn't work properly :(
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your sure about that ?

I foresee a lock on res writs to the char that made it coming....

Why? That wouldnt have stopped yesterdays exploit
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    Why? That wouldnt have stopped yesterdays exploit

No, but it might have stopped a few people wrongly flagged for cheating from getting bans.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They actived code they had in the game already, this allows them to detect duped items. Heres the thing, every item is recorded in the game itself, they can track every type of item, and also track where its been and how it was given to you. Duping would be easy to spot by a automatied system because they programed it to tell them if items were being created and what was causing the items to be given or created, duped items would be easy to spot because banks can't create new items without it being glitch nor nodes. I assume these nodes are not ment to create new items after being opened without the node disappearing but a glitch allows it to happen the same way the bank glitch happened. Thus the code would be able to detect that and ban players expoiting this duping glitch. They did this to get a handle on players trying to expoit this glitch while they can find a fix for the problem. I expect them to at least have it patched soon. .

Unfortunately like a lot of their code it doesn't work properly :(

It works mostly the way they intended it too, no code is perfect and no system is perfect either. It could be glitched and most likely is but I assume it got what they wanted done and that is to catch the real exploiters red handed. They activated the dupe detector for this very purpose.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 30, 2016 3:55PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a hard time disagreeing with either group on this issue. Everyone is agreeing exploiting is bad; but they're wrongly penalizing legit craft hoarders and those who use all writs on their mains.

I have a level 18 character with level 31 enchanting; she gets Eastmarch writs. She would NOT survive if I used her to collect the survey.

I'm just fortunate I did her survey only once on my main and I only collected it from a normal banker in a town. I do have a portable banker but I didn't use him in this instance.

This just seems like a mess.
    Edited by Taisynn on April 30, 2016 4:18PM
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    There are a large number of threads discussing the recent exploits. This is fine, but many of these threads are tense, and several have further issues like people discussing their bans. To help keep the discussion from overrunning the forums, and on track, we are consolidating it this thread.

If someone feels they were erroneously banned for this exploit, they should submit an appeal through our support site
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.