Maintenance for the week of February 24:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 24, 2:00AM EST (7:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – February 25, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)

Bans Weren't For Surveys In Banks. They Were For VERY High Ratios Of Mats Per Survey

Dominoid
Dominoid
Community Ambassador
Source
Hello, we do not generally discuss suspensions or other player penalties. However, it is not true, suspensions are for simply having a crafting survey in the bank. The criteria was the ratio of surveys and obtained raw materials. And no one who has recovered from a survey 500 resources can tell me that he had simply gotten lucky. I do not exclude that mistakes could be made. It's the opposite. But not everyone who shouts, is innocent.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess everything's right as rain now?
    "Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite... A lie will remain a lie!"
    Tryxus - PC/EU/DC

    CP 1300+

    Tryxus - Imperial - Stamina Warden
    Prisma Tryxus - Argonian - Magicka Templar
    Tryxus de Schim - Redguard - Stamina Nightblade
    Tryxus Terreur - Breton - Magicka Necromancer

    Warden: AR 35 | vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMA Flawless - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS +2 - vCR +1 - vBRP - vSS | Grand Master Crafter | 32k+ Achievement Points
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Source
    Hello, we do not generally discuss suspensions or other player penalties. However, it is not true, suspensions are for simply having a crafting survey in the bank. The criteria was the ratio of surveys and obtained raw materials. And no one who has recovered from a survey 500 resources can tell me that he had simply gotten lucky. I do not exclude that mistakes could be made. It's the opposite. But not everyone who shouts, is innocent.

    Fair enough but for those that broke no rules and are one of the possible mistakes mentioned what ZOS do now is important.

    To be told as some have been already that their ban will stand and won't be investigated when they claim their innocence is unacceptable.
  • Egonieser
    Egonieser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I translated the German thread with google, and apart from the mindbogglingly bad translation, looks like many people have gotten the banhammer and lots of shouting going on there.
    Guess we'll see.
    Sometimes, I dream about...cheese...

    Dermont - v16 Pompous Altmer Sorcerer (With a very arrogant face!)
    Egonieser - v16 Nord Stamina Dragonborn Wannabe
    Endoly - v16 Tiny Redguard Sharpened MaceBlade
    Egosalina - v16 Breton Cheesus Beam Specialist
    Egowen - v16 Dunmer Whipping Expert (Riding crops eluded her)
    (Yes, I had to grind all these to v16)
    Akamanakh - lvl 22 Khajiit GankBlade (Inspired by Top Cat)
    Targos Icewind - lvl 34 Imperial (Future) Jabplar
    (CP 830+)

    PC - EU
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Source
    Hello, we do not generally discuss suspensions or other player penalties. However, it is not true, suspensions are for simply having a crafting survey in the bank. The criteria was the ratio of surveys and obtained raw materials. And no one who has recovered from a survey 500 resources can tell me that he had simply gotten lucky. I do not exclude that mistakes could be made. It's the opposite. But not everyone who shouts, is innocent.

    Fair enough but for those that broke no rules and are one of the possible mistakes mentioned what ZOS do now is important.

    To be told as some have been already that their ban will stand and won't be investigated when they claim their innocence is unacceptable.

    If you didn't break a rule, you don't have 500 raw materials from a single crafting survey received.

    And that's the problem, I know with 100% certainty that is the case hence it's a mistake. It's ZOS's refusal to investigate further that's the problem.
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    Love how you visit a prison and every one of the inmates will tell you they are innocent lol, seems like thats going on here and part of human nature. I do writs everyday and get surveys just about everyday and didnt get banned. People will lie their asses off when they know they got caught smh.

    I'm sure that is the situation in many cases here, don't assume it is in every one though.

  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So if I've been doing Writs every day for the last month and decided today I was going to clean out my inventory and actually use all those Surveys that have been piling up, I'm safe doing that? *remains skeptical*
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    So if I've been doing Writs every day for the last month and decided today I was going to clean out my inventory and actually use all those Surveys that have been piling up, I'm safe doing that? *remains skeptical*

    Yup. You're good!
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    If someone has no clue that this isnt supposed to happen,they shouldnt be banned.Someone might just think they found a glitch and is using it until it is fixed. Not realizing they could be banned for it. I dont think it's cool to exploit a glitch,but everyone did it with the troves until that got fixed and no one got banned.Perhaps this is the same situation,..only they broke rules they had no idea existed.

    Ignorance of crime is not a defense. Otherwise people would simply claim they didnt know they couldnt do that and get off every time. As far as the thieves troves they just respawned quickly. There was nothing you had to do to make it respawn quickly. Thats the difference.

    I can see your point.Forgive my ignorance.I was offering my thoughts.Sorry.
  • HxC
    HxC
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    If someone has no clue that this isnt supposed to happen,they shouldnt be banned.Someone might just think they found a glitch and is using it until it is fixed. Not realizing they could be banned for it. I dont think it's cool to exploit a glitch,but everyone did it with the troves until that got fixed and no one got banned.Perhaps this is the same situation,..only they broke rules they had no idea existed.

    Ignorance of crime is not a defense. Otherwise people would simply claim they didnt know they couldnt do that and get off every time. As far as the thieves troves they just respawned quickly. There was nothing you had to do to make it respawn quickly. Thats the difference.

    I can see your point.Forgive my ignorance.I was offering my thoughts.Sorry.

    No you right you shouldn't be banned for exploit as exploiting means you intentionaly use a bug to gain an unfair advantage.
    "You call these baubles, well, it is with baubles that men are led… Do you think that you would be able to make men fight by reasoning? Never. That is good only for the scholar in his study. The soldier needs glory, distinctions, rewards." (Napoleon Bonaparte)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HxC wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    If someone has no clue that this isnt supposed to happen,they shouldnt be banned.Someone might just think they found a glitch and is using it until it is fixed. Not realizing they could be banned for it. I dont think it's cool to exploit a glitch,but everyone did it with the troves until that got fixed and no one got banned.Perhaps this is the same situation,..only they broke rules they had no idea existed.

    Ignorance of crime is not a defense. Otherwise people would simply claim they didnt know they couldnt do that and get off every time. As far as the thieves troves they just respawned quickly. There was nothing you had to do to make it respawn quickly. Thats the difference.

    I can see your point.Forgive my ignorance.I was offering my thoughts.Sorry.

    No you right you shouldn't be banned for exploit as exploiting means you intentionaly use a bug to gain an unfair advantage.

    Didnt I just apologize for having added my thoughts? Is getting your two cents in worth that much to you? Fine,go ahead.Rant.
    Personally.,I prefer the other more intelligent comment to mine,..instead of yours.

    (there's 2 "l"s in intentionally,btw.)
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is safe to assume mistakes were made. I mean look at the rest of the game code. Mistakes are always made. Now you are going to assume that they can code a program to find all the people who got over 500 mats in a short period of time correctly and not make a mistake? I wouldnt bet on it.

    Id bet like most of the code in game it usually works. But not always.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Accidents happen:

    - A player could've triggered the exploit by accident
    - ZOS could've banned a player who didn't exploit

    There is no way to trigger this by accident. So there was noone banned for exploiting that didnt not just exploit but multiple times on the same survey. Its ONE survey and you get 500 mats from it then auto ban. There is just no wya possible for them to accidentally do this over and over and over. Come on man.

    So I take it you never acidentally deposited smth in your bank that you didn't mean to?
    "Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite... A lie will remain a lie!"
    Tryxus - PC/EU/DC

    CP 1300+

    Tryxus - Imperial - Stamina Warden
    Prisma Tryxus - Argonian - Magicka Templar
    Tryxus de Schim - Redguard - Stamina Nightblade
    Tryxus Terreur - Breton - Magicka Necromancer

    Warden: AR 35 | vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMA Flawless - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS +2 - vCR +1 - vBRP - vSS | Grand Master Crafter | 32k+ Achievement Points
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Really happy ZOS keeps and tracks data.

    Just a shame they can't analyse it without making mistakes ;)
  • HxC
    HxC
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    HxC wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »
    If someone has no clue that this isnt supposed to happen,they shouldnt be banned.Someone might just think they found a glitch and is using it until it is fixed. Not realizing they could be banned for it. I dont think it's cool to exploit a glitch,but everyone did it with the troves until that got fixed and no one got banned.Perhaps this is the same situation,..only they broke rules they had no idea existed.

    Ignorance of crime is not a defense. Otherwise people would simply claim they didnt know they couldnt do that and get off every time. As far as the thieves troves they just respawned quickly. There was nothing you had to do to make it respawn quickly. Thats the difference.

    I can see your point.Forgive my ignorance.I was offering my thoughts.Sorry.

    No you right you shouldn't be banned for exploit as exploiting means you intentionaly use a bug to gain an unfair advantage.

    Didnt I just apologize for having added my thoughts? Is getting your two cents in worth that much to you? Fine,go ahead.Rant.
    Personally.,I prefer the other more intelligent comment to mine,..instead of yours.

    (there's 2 "l"s in intentionally,btw.)

    Let's clarify , you're right people shouldn't be banned for exploiting if they use a bug without noticing it, because to exploit you need to intentionally use the bug to get and unfair advantage.
    "You call these baubles, well, it is with baubles that men are led… Do you think that you would be able to make men fight by reasoning? Never. That is good only for the scholar in his study. The soldier needs glory, distinctions, rewards." (Napoleon Bonaparte)
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Accidents happen:

    - A player could've triggered the exploit by accident
    - ZOS could've banned a player who didn't exploit

    There is no way to trigger this by accident. So there was noone banned for exploiting that didnt not just exploit but multiple times on the same survey. Its ONE survey and you get 500 mats from it then auto ban. There is just no wya possible for them to accidentally do this over and over and over. Come on man.

    So I take it you never acidentally deposited smth in your bank that you didn't mean to?

    Again Im not detailing the exploit but it isnt just woops I stuck this in my bank. So what you are saying is completely irrelevant. There were deliberate steps you had to take to get unlimited mats from ONE survey. You cannot simply accidentally do it.

    It is relevant, cuz if a player accidentally triggered the exploit like that only once (sometimes without even knowing it), then he/she shouldn't be banned for it. That's an accident, and like I stated before: they happen. Both by the players and by ZOS
    "Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite... A lie will remain a lie!"
    Tryxus - PC/EU/DC

    CP 1300+

    Tryxus - Imperial - Stamina Warden
    Prisma Tryxus - Argonian - Magicka Templar
    Tryxus de Schim - Redguard - Stamina Nightblade
    Tryxus Terreur - Breton - Magicka Necromancer

    Warden: AR 35 | vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMA Flawless - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS +2 - vCR +1 - vBRP - vSS | Grand Master Crafter | 32k+ Achievement Points
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    So if I've been doing Writs every day for the last month and decided today I was going to clean out my inventory and actually use all those Surveys that have been piling up, I'm safe doing that? *remains skeptical*

    Actually, that's what I did yesterday.

    I had a bunch of surveys piled up, and I've moved a bunch to mules because I haven't had the time to go harvest them. When ZOS announced that they'll fix this exploit, I had guessed (incorrectly) that they'll fix it by making it character-bound (seemed like the easiest fix to me). If that was to be their solution, then I can't have my surveys sitting on a mule because then they'll be stuck on that character.

    So I relocated all my surveys back to my main and spent a couple of hours collecting the mats from all of them (including some duplicate surveys that were still in their containers).

    And everything's fine. I went on a legitimate survey spree yesterday because I thought that they might make it character-bound, and nothing happened.

    Finally, I do know a few people who did get suspended (nobody is being banned, BTW; it's all 3-day suspensions), and AFAIK, there were no false positives in any of those suspensions.

    (I'm not saying that their system is 100% fool-proof; I'm just saying that with the few data points that I do have access to, there were no false positives amongst them.)

    I'm glad no one is getting permenantly banned, but suspension does suck over the weekend. seems wrong to do to someone that has a 5000 crown banker....these are the people zenimax needs to keep happy after all....
    PlayStation NA
    1000+ CP
    DC Khajit NB Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Argonian Templar Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Dark Elf Sorc Stormproof Flawless Conquorer
    DC High Elf NB Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Dark Elf DK Stormproof
    AD Redguard DK Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Orc Warden Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Breton Warden Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Redguard Sorc Stormproof
    DC Redguard Templar Stormproof Flawless Conqueror
    DC Nord Necromancer Stormproof
    DC Breton Necromancer Stormproof Flawless Conqueror

    PlayStation EU
    258 CP
    DC Orc Warden Stormproof
Sign In or Register to comment.