Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance wars need a serious population balance feedback mechanism inn place

Avenias
Avenias
✭✭✭✭
A simple one will be to block all players from the most populated side from entering the battlefield until the next most populated side catches up on numbers. There must be a hard cap on the extra number of ppl one side can have logged into that map, before further intake of more ppl on that side is allowed. gets Having maps with hordes of ppl from one side dominating the map because the other side just does not have enough ppl to fight against them is just absurd and meaningless. It not only affects game balance at a massive level, it also make it extremely boring.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on the objective. Not sure about the means. I'd rather they first did something about the incentives. For instance, I think low population buffs that scale with the population ratio would be more effective in getting people to play for the underpopulated side than a low population bonus to scoring.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »
    A simple one will be to block all players from the most populated side from entering the battlefield until the next most populated side catches up on numbers. There must be a hard cap on the extra number of ppl one side can have logged into that map, before further intake of more ppl on that side is allowed. gets Having maps with hordes of ppl from one side dominating the map because the other side just does not have enough ppl to fight against them is just absurd and meaningless. It not only affects game balance at a massive level, it also make it extremely boring.

Agreed. But the most populated faction doesn't want this as it means that Cyrodil wouldn't be safe for PVE anymore. That is the only reason to make the map one color and drive the other factions off the campaign.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »

I agree, and one of the only things that would help with the population imbalance, was of course the least popular.

I find it funny I see threads, saying thy want challenging fights and completive campaigns, but when I see the faction with the most bars push down and take the scrolls and rll everything in the faction that has one bar to their 3 bars, you realize they are not looking for competitive or challenging, because the other faction had almost as many bars as they did if they truly wanted challenging and completive they would have attacked them.
  • KILLING4ALIVING
    KILLING4ALIVING
    ✭✭✭
    I have thought about this myself, and something definitely needs to be done about the imbalance. Then again you have to look at it like this, when someone wants to get on and play a game they bought and they can't because not enough people are playing it, it's not really fair to them. Also they need to count the IC population separate for the campaign.
    I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something should be done on xbox AD had full bars all day and night on the two competitive campaigns when other factions have 0-1 bars until the afternoon.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scourge PS4 EU. For example. It way totally unbalanced. I was and still am AD. What I mean is . I have an AD character. I use to fought for AD. But know. It totally boring. AD has everything. For around 2 months now? So I made a blue recently To help DC.

But since I have been using my AD in Scourge. I have been unwelcome. I been mistreated by DC by there messages. Other stuff also. Plus Blue use spit emote on me. On my blue character. What can I do? If I want to help DC in Scourge PS4 EU. To make Scourge more balanced. Yet I am unwelcome. But just ignore them and try to gain there trust.

I also agree with all of these ideas in this thread also.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on April 30, 2016 11:52PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Serjustwhy wrote: »
    Scourge PS4 EU. For example. It way totally unbalanced. I was and still am AD. What I mean is . I have an AD character. I use to fought for AD. But know. It totally boring. AD has everything. For around 2 months now? So I made a blue recently To help DC.

But since I have been using my AD in Scourge. I have been unwelcome. I been mistreated by DC by there messages. Other stuff also. Plus Blue use spit emote on me. On my blue character. What can I do? If I want to help DC in Scourge PS4 EU. To make Scourge more balanced. Yet I am unwelcome. But just ignore them and try to gain there trust.

I also agree with all of these ideas in this thread also.

Just ignore them and keep doing what you're doing. In their defense they probably think you're some sort of "spy" -_-" just don't lower yourself to their level.

Something definitely needs to be done, the aforementioned ideas are great but i don't see Zo$ doing anything of the sort anytime soon unfortunately. Too many people would complain about not being able to play a game they've paid for, which they have every right to.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been complaining about the population imbalance for a long time. There isn't any easy way to fix the problem without the possibility of hurting PVP more. People are going to want to PVP with their friends and if you restrict access, they won't be happy. Unfortunately, people rather sit in an hour or longer queue than to roll to a less populated faction. I don't know if alliance change will help when ZOS makes it available or not.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have agreed with you on this for quite some time now.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/218020/incremental-caps-to-alliance-populations-in-campaigns

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert

One sided campaigns (Buff Servers) are killing this game. There are actually quite a few of us that play ESO for PvP, I know you know that. What is (IMO) even more frustrating than lag, is having 7+ campaigns and only 1 of them is remotely competitive. In no way should it ever be possible to have 100 people more than another alliance. This has to change.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)