The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We are going to get hats....... WHERE'S MY CAPE ? :D

heinrich00
Hey guys , so on the pts we got new hat costumes on the crown store.I have seen alot of ESO art with characters wearing capes ,why not have them in game ? i would definitely buy them. Do you guys want capes ? B)
Edited by heinrich00 on April 27, 2016 6:51PM

We are going to get hats....... WHERE'S MY CAPE ? :D 26 votes

Yes,Capes are awesome !
76%
AortickRylanasteff127b16_ESOFishBreathQuinz128ub17_ESODerNachtfalterheinrich00natewookMorimizoladyantoniaMetamonSSlargEirikirSaoirse_SiobhanPittClass94zachpower121C0wrexkaranveer41FerrumnCutemglapsvid 20 votes
No,Capes suck !
23%
AcrolasKlemenziusb16_ESORajajshkaAlina_ScarbridgeTaisynnJewbebz 6 votes
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes,Capes are awesome !
    You know I love capes and cloaks... and would love to have them, but I hate these threads because some smart*** always posts that stupid Incredibles gif. I hate that gif.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No,Capes suck !
    This had to be done.

rs_500x282-150225142758-No_Capes_The_Incredibles_6_Edna.gif
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh....

Whether we want Capes or not, they can't be part of this game. The devs have stated that the capes that people will want to have will cause the game to slow to a crawl when multiple players are on screen, and the capes they can make work no one will want because they will look like boards strapped to our backs.

This is not an "I want thing" to be discussed, it is a "they can't thing" that won't happen no matter how much it is wanted.

For the record, I don't hate capes, capes and cloaks would be cool.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes,Capes are awesome !
    Taisynn wrote: »
    This had to be done.

rs_500x282-150225142758-No_Capes_The_Incredibles_6_Edna.gif

Raisins_Face.jpg
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No,Capes suck !
    Eirikir wrote: »
    You know I love capes and cloaks... and would love to have them, but I hate these threads because some smart*** always posts that stupid Incredibles gif. I hate that gif.

@Eirikir I am so sorry. LOL! I did not read your response until after I posted my gif response. Apparently, I am that smart***.

giphy.gif
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes,Capes are awesome !
    Taisynn wrote: »

@Eirikir I am so sorry. LOL! I did not read your response until after I posted my gif response. Apparently, I am that smart***.

giphy.gif

Thats ok, its the natural order of things @Taisynn.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but the Edna Mode gif is mandatory on cape threads.

Anyways, hats are much simpler to make* than capes because capes move. As much as I would love to have cloaks, I'm not sure I am ready to take the performance hit that would most likely come with them. Maybe one day.

*One of the hats in the store on the PTS actually works with many hair styles without making your character bald, which is nice, but the other clips with elven ears although it is supposed to be worn by the Jaqspur, who are Bosmer (in adition to hiding your hair). So I guess not that simple.

Edited to remove stuff that could have been seen as snarky when I didn't want it to be.
    Edited by Abeille on April 28, 2016 1:00AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cape situation is still the same as it was at launch...

Yes, it would be cool to have cloaks and capes.

But, it would also be very laggy to do them right, or very crappy looking if you don't.

Since they want neither lag nor crappy crafic stuff that clips through everything... they decided on "no capes", and stick to that decision... (except fot the Lich, it seems... a leftover from the days when they thought they could have their capes, and animate them too)

So, we players won't get capes anytime soon, if ever. Unless tomorrow there is suddenly a technology breakthrough and the market is flooded with super-powerful and super-cheap new server tech for them to upgrade...
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes,Capes are awesome !
    The Catman approves of the idea of a cape.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin