The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

When are we getting race changes?

LazyLewis
LazyLewis
✭✭✭✭
People make characters for specific builds. Now passives and skills have changed dramatically since the start of the game people have characters they can't play because they can't reach their max potential with their current race. I will happily pay for crowns for race changes
DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully never.'

And I don't see how you can't play a certain character just because of a race. If you getting benched on trials runs because of your character's race, I would suggest a different guild?
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    Hopefully never.'

And I don't see how you can't play a certain character just because of a race. If you getting benched on trials runs because of your character's race, I would suggest a different guild?

I'd second this.
    People can be jerks but I wouldn't accept it. If you are benched, there are a few casual raiding guilds that wont bench based on race.

Though you still should hit any gear benchmarks they require; suit up!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Hopefully never.'

I'd second this.
    People can be jerks but I wouldn't accept it. If you are benched, there are a few casual raiding guilds that wont bench based on race.

So my khajiit sorc who used to be my main back when they had a +10 (or 15, it's been a while) critical DAMAGE multiplier should continue playing as a magicka role when sorcs heavily rely on + magicka passives? That wasn't the meta changing on me because a new set came out, that was ZOS completely changing what used to be the best mage racial into something that only impacts melee crit chance. Let's also not forget how many made race decisions based on soft caps as a mechanic. Months later, ZOS changes khajiit racial and removes softcaps. It's a completely different situation than the flavor of the month bandwagon hopping people frequently cite as a concern.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZOS didn't change the game every patch, I'd vote against racial changes. But since ZOS cannot stop turning the game on itself every 6 months, I guess it's only fair. You think you have a good race for the job one patch, then the next patch you feel like you need to change to keep up with the game.

I was in the same boat with my Dunmer stamina NB at launch, before they removed softcaps it worked great (capped stamina and almost magicka). And since I didn't have the explorer pack I had no better racial choice in Ebonheart.

By the time 1.7 came around, playing as a Dunmer stamina NB was just so bad. I had to buy the explorer pack and essentially remake my finished character from scratch as a Redguard. I'd much rather have kept my original character that I worked hard on, and just changed his race to compensate for ZOS' pitiful faction / race - launch, and their constantly changing the game.
    Edited by OdinForge on April 27, 2016 2:59PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Hopefully never.'

I'd second this.

So my khajiit sorc who used to be my main back when they had a +10 (or 15, it's been a while) critical DAMAGE multiplier should continue playing as a magicka role when sorcs heavily rely on + magicka passives? That wasn't the meta changing on me because a new set came out, that was ZOS completely changing what used to be the best mage racial into something that only impacts melee crit chance. Let's also not forget how many made race decisions based on soft caps as a mechanic. Months later, ZOS changes khajiit racial and removes softcaps. It's a completely different situation than the flavor of the month bandwagon hopping people frequently cite as a concern.

Never said you should be stuck in a race if you want to min-max. You shouldn't, as a min-maxer, degrade people or lock them out of content, because they picked a non-optimal race.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even in a PvP end game standpoint, racial passives take a large role in endgame PvE. There is a significant difference between a Dark Elf and Khajiit mDK dps when competing in end game content. No reason a player should be punished for wanting to stay competitive but keep their achievements they have unlocked on that character.

Race change should have came with this update, seeing as name change is coming in the CS.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a nord because it looks cool. I don't care about the passives. NORD MASTER RACE!
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    I made a nord because it looks cool. I don't care about the passives. NORD MASTER RACE!

You must like hair, everywhere.
    Also a tall mug of fermented honey after a hard day of pillaging.

Those are the "real" racial passives for Nord.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I also like strong women :3 *winks at Xylena*
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also like strong women :3 *winks at Xylena*

You must be strong to be Nord. Gender is not a Nord concept, except in situations where a Nord must pillage the enemy. If you weak, you are a child and not a Nord.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Race change has already been confirmed so fighting it is futile.
    It needs to happen sooner than later. Give it a 1 month cool down or whatever you need to do, just make it happen ZOS.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the day when we get to choose as our title "Former Khajiit".
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the day when we get to choose as our title "Former Khajiit".

dog-dressed-as-cat.jpg
    Edited by OdinForge on April 27, 2016 6:31PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you go khajiit you never go back
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Once you go khajiit you never go back

Unless you were smart enough to make it your crafter. I log onto mine daily, gotta check those hirelings to see if you got more almandine xD
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully never.'

We don't all play casually, some of us are in hardcore PVE raiding and PVP guilds where you are expected, if not required, to min/max a character to achieve it's highest potential. Because of this we chose specific races when creating a character that will benefit the role we intend that character to fill, when major ability changes happen it often results in a different race being most optimal and all the effort you put into that character is now a waste as it will be out performed by other races in the same spec. I would much rather be able to change my race than have to start over on a character with another race and give up all my achievements and alliance ranks that had been previously earned.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully never.'

I'd second this.

heheh could be worse

You could of been an Argonian Nightblade built specifically for potions ;o)

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Hopefully never.'

I'd second this.

heheh could be worse

RIP
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Hopefully never.'

I'd second this.

heheh could be worse

RIP

I know man :o(

• brobiwan
    brobiwan
    It's 2016, I thought race didn't matter.
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully never.'

Einstein.png

THE DEFINITION OF TRIALS. It's all about PvP
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully never.'

I'd second this.

Good thing you are already part of a casual pvp raiding guild.