The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Plea For EXTRA Profits

Kgee
Kgee
✭✭✭
Shut up and take my money!

I am pleading with ZeniMax Online in regards to past DLCs. I am a ESO Plus member and some DLCs I did not buy since they were included with my ESO Plus membership. I also, assumed the Digital Collector's Edition of the DLCs would still be available even after a new DLC is released, since there was never any mention that the CE DLCs would be available for a limited time only.

So I am asking if the previous CE DLC's, and any future ones, can be made available indefinitely? I am not quite sure why these would be discontinued, when they can bring in more profits for ZO.

For example, if some new player were to come into the game and they see someone with the white cave bear cub and they ask that player where they got it and that player explains that it is only available with the CE version of the Orsinium DLC. Then that new player might be inclined to grab the CE version of the Orsinium DLC as opposed to the regular Orsinium DLC.

Also, as a returning ESO Plus member after taking a break, never dropped my membership, I too would still like to be able to purchase the CE version of any past DLCs I might have missed, just for the extras.

I understand that the extras in the CE DLCs probably cost less than their non-DLC counterparts, like the Cave Bear Mount and Cave Bear Cub, so if that is the case then slightly raise the price of the CE version of the DLC after its initial release time period.

It boggles my mind as to why these CE versions of the DLCs are no longer available. Heck, even the Imperial Editon (i.e Collector's Edition) of ESO is still available.
Edited by Kgee on April 26, 2016 4:12PM
Remember kids, don't feed the animals.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snow bear cub didn't come with the collectors edition of Orsinium. The Collectors Edition gave you the regular brown cave bear cub and the snow bear cub was sold separately.

As far as I remember the Imperial City didn't have a collectors edition, but Orsinium came with the brown bear mount and brown bear cub pet and the Thieves Guild came with the camel mount and kindlespit dragonfrog pet. All of which are available separately in the crown store so if you really wanted them you could still get them, buying the bundle just makes it a little bit cheaper. (They also come with 5 crown XP scrolls each, which again can be bought separately.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Kgee
    Kgee
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    The snow bear cub didn't come with the collectors edition of Orsinium. The Collectors Edition gave you the regular brown cave bear cub and the snow bear cub was sold separately.

As far as I remember the Imperial City didn't have a collectors edition, but Orsinium came with the brown bear mount and brown bear cub pet and the Thieves Guild came with the camel mount and kindlespit dragonfrog pet. All of which are available separately in the crown store so if you really wanted them you could still get them, buying the bundle just makes it a little bit cheaper. (They also come with 5 crown XP scrolls each, which again can be bought separately.)

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. So really this is more an issue with time limited items, such as the snow bear cub and snow bear mount.

I really hate time limits on unlimited items.
    Remember kids, don't feed the animals.