The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need some help with deciding between Mag or Stam blade for reroll

IdesofMarch2
IdesofMarch2
✭✭
I have been reading a lot of threads about both. My main character is a Mag Sorc which I love but I'm getting bored and want to try something new. The appeal of Mag Blade appeals to me since I can use a resto staff. I was thinking DW or 2H and Resto. I am going to level up for PVP that's where I like spending most of my time. And I was wanting to blend the NB skill tree with the 2H or DW skills. And use my Resto staff for heals but I believe I can add some skills from my NB tree to that bar as well.

But for attribute points would I have to blend my points to all three? Since I am using stamina and magicka. Is this just a waste? I know most builds dump nearly all of the points into Magicka or Stamina.

The Stam Blade I like as well but I am so used to having shields from my Sorc I don't feel comfortable with it.

I am just curious to get opinions mainly about the Magblade and if it is worth it or not.. It seems like a very good option to try.
Runs with the A.D.
Xbox One
PC N/A
Magicka Sorc
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    just try it, leveling isnt hard anyways cause you just gotta get to 50 now
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Yeah I read about the update. Ok. Any idea about the attribute points? This kinda confuses me.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a change of mindset.
    If you're changing from sorc to nb, try to think less about shields regardless of mag or stam.
    NB is awesome but their tactics are pretty different in pvp, imo.

To your original question: if you are more comfortable with sorc and staves, you should go magblade. BUT I found it MUCH more fun to have my sorc be my mag and let my NB be my stam.

Only my personal opinion but I recommend giving stamblade an honest try. I find them to be really fun in pvp.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try it.

You can always pick a race that will give you good bonuses regardless of whether you're Magicka or Stam, like Imperial/Nord/Darkelf/Argonian.
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    i did try stamblade before and I couldn't jive with it. I went high elf magblade. I like the DW/ Resto idea. But attribute point allocations. Where would the go? All magicka or spread them out?
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i did try stamblade before and I couldn't jive with it. I went high elf magblade. I like the DW/ Resto idea. But attribute point allocations. Where would the go? All magicka or spread them out?

Put them all in Magicka. Out of curiosity from your OP, what Stamina abilities are you using?
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    I'm only level 6 so just DW twin slashes right now
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only level 6 so just DW twin slashes right now

Stick that on your bar when you're questing but stay away from that and other DW abilities for dealing damage. Damage of abilities scale up according to the resource which they require: higher stamina = more damage for stamina abilities.

Stick to Magicka abilities for dealing damage, although some NB class skills start off as stamina but morph to Magicka so these are okay.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Pelenial's aptitude set (with DB) makes your weopon and spell damage the same, based on which ever is higher. This means if you make a really high weopon damage stamblade you will be able to throw out some very effective resto heals (although you may not have a tremendous magicka pool to draw upon).
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.