The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should I stay Stamblade for dark brotherhood patch or should I go magika Nightblade

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
I have trouble in pvp I'm not the best and I need major help but I love pvp it's fun to me but I want to be successful and want to know what the best build is for me when the dark brotherhood comes out the patch notes said they would change stamina would this make it powerful again? Any ways what do you guys think the best way to go is for the dark brotherhood update and now is I'm Xbox
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill never understand these questions.

How about you play what you think is more enjoyable rather than what is strongest being a FOTM players. You will appreciate the class more. I play a class that is under performing and is much more satisfying then my other classes.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina builds, Vamps, and DKs look to all be getting buffed. Which is great, since my main toon happens to be all 3.
    Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on April 26, 2016 1:02AM
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both magicka/ stamina are good now!!
    The game is balance!
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    I have trouble in pvp I'm not the best and I need major help but I love pvp it's fun to me but I want to be successful and want to know what the best build is for me when the dark brotherhood comes out the patch notes said they would change stamina would this make it powerful again? Any ways what do you guys think the best way to go is for the dark brotherhood update and now is I'm Xbox

You can do very well as magicka or stamina nightblade. To become better at 1v1 and small groups just requires lots of practice. Do you have a friend with a different faction character who can help you practice and improve?
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    No sadly. But when the patch notes said that it changes magic damage to disease does that mean it is no longer a magic spell? @IcyDeadPeople
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sadly. But when the patch notes said that it changes magic damage to disease does that mean it is no longer a magic spell? @IcyDeadPeople
    Yes it skills with mighty now so more of our attacks will deal more damage.Stam NB is still good in TG but they will also be better in brotherhood since our abilities are now hitting harder.If you are having trouble tell us what are you running now and we will try to help you be good now so when dark brotherhood comes you be even better.

Also you Xbox NA or EU?
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The abilities that changed were already stamina morphs, stamina oriented, or the "less" good ultimate. For NB relentless focus (the morph that gives stam regen) deals disease even though it remains magicka cost. Incapacitating strike (the "lesser" of the two morphs) now deals disease damage. For DK the two that changed to poison were already stam morphs.

Probably the most universally lost ability for magicka builds is that all morphs of dawnbreaker deal physical damage now. This was a popular high burst ulti among magicka builds. However, the number of magic or elemental dmg abilities and morphs in your skill tree still heavily outnumber the amount of stamina abilities and morphs.

This was done mostly because Mighty is physical, disease, and poison in your CP tree so stam abilities dealing magic damge or elemental damage were not benefiting from that CP tree where nearly all magic abilities deal magic or elemental damage so they were getting the full CP bonus.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using dw for primary my skills are surprise attack, shadowy disguise, killers blade , reapers mark, ambush, and soul tether I am a dunmer and my attributes are in 26 health and 29 stamina I'm using the boon the shadow my weapon crit is 26.5 and weapon dmg is 1478 with 1116 Stam recovery. 18.5 spell crit 1407 spell damage my cp are all over the place @Jaronking
  • Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    I'm using dw for primary my skills are surprise attack, shadowy disguise, killers blade , reapers mark, ambush, and soul tether I am a dunmer and my attributes are in 26 health and 29 stamina I'm using the boon the shadow my weapon crit is 26.5 and weapon dmg is 1478 with 1116 Stam recovery. 18.5 spell crit 1407 spell damage my cp are all over the place @Jaronking

You don't need that maybe attribute points into health, 10 at the most, put the rest in stamina assuming you want to stay stamina. What sets are you running on your gear? Your weapon damage is awfully low for a stam build....

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably just need better gear.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok first what level are you are you at least vet 16 or close to it? Also how many champion points do you have?Also personally I'll move soul tether on my back bar and run flaw dawnbreaker for the extra weapon damage but personally I lik Incapacitating strike on my back bar more.Also put less points into Health more into stamina.Also your weapon damage is really low as well as your stam recovery what set are you using at this time.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thieves guild baharha curse and I also am v7 @Jaronking
    Edited by Cameron991 on April 26, 2016 11:31AM
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I have around 190 to 200 @Jaronking
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

ok first what level are you are you at least vet 16 or close to it? Also how many champion points do you have?Also personally I'll move soul tether on my back bar and run flaw dawnbreaker for the extra weapon damage but personally I lik Incapacitating strike on my back bar more.Also put less points into Health more into stamina.Also your weapon damage is really low as well as your stam recovery what set are you using at this time.

Incap strike will be very strong next patch, people are hitting 10k soul harvests this patch, next patch incap will hit 20-25% harder than that and stun the person. An ambush/incap will bring someone into execute range and they'll be stunned at the time.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the 25% incr dmg from fire, I dont see a whole many downsides to being vampire, welcome to twilight online.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using dw for primary my skills are surprise attack, shadowy disguise, killers blade , reapers mark, ambush, and soul tether I am a dunmer and my attributes are in 26 health and 29 stamina I'm using the boon the shadow my weapon crit is 26.5 and weapon dmg is 1478 with 1116 Stam recovery. 18.5 spell crit 1407 spell damage my cp are all over the place

Dump all attributes in stamina, if your health is <18k then use glyphs or jewellery to get it up.

Wear 5x Hunding's, 3x NMGaze and 4x Leki's or Marksman (depending on whether you want +max stam or +stam rec)

DW bar:
    - Ultimate: FDBreaker
    - Ambush
    - Surprise Attack
    - Vigor (so much easier being on your damage bar)
    - MHysteria or STornado
    - Shadowy Disguise

2H/Bow:
    - Ultimate: STether or IncStrike
    - Relentless Focus
    - Magelight
    - CHunter
    - MHysteria is a must if not on DW bar but if it is then go with either: Shuffle, Double Take or Rapid Manouevre
    - Rally/Snipe or PInjection
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thieves guild baharha curse and I also am v7 @Jaronking
    Well Simple fixes for you you need better gear lol.Well do you Play NA or EU if NA I can help you out with gear.Also a good thing about Brotherhood you will be vet 16 as well but then you will have to mat farm for new gear lol.

OK well for champion point you in the Red tree I would say split between Hardy and Elemental Defender until you have 60 in both to get Unchained after that I would go for crit resist star.

Now Green tree personally I go full Moon Claf until that's maxed and go 15 in tumbling and the rest in warlord.

Blue tree go full mighty then precise strikes.

Are their anymore questions.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incap strike will be very strong next patch, people are hitting 10k soul harvests this patch, next patch incap will hit 20-25% harder than that and stun the person. An ambush/incap will bring someone into execute range and they'll be stunned at the time.
    Yea Gank Builds will do even more damage these changes also make StamBlades better in duels now as well because our ultimate hits harder.StamBlades are going to be very good in DarkBrotherhood.Stam DK with Stamplar and Stamblades tied for second.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea Gank Builds will do even more damage these changes also make StamBlades better in duels now as well because our ultimate hits harder.StamBlades are going to be very good in DarkBrotherhood.Stam DK with Stamplar and Stamblades tied for second.

Even in open world they'll be hitting a lot harder, it's viable to go dual wield for main dps now. Class execute.

Maybe dw/2h or dw/bow.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even in open world they'll be hitting a lot harder, it's viable to go dual wield for main dps now. Class execute.

Maybe dw/2h or dw/bow.
    Agreed I like using DW in PVP and now won't have to switch bars to use my execute or use one that hit like a wet noodle.This change make NB more of a completely class now which is kinda unfair to other styles of play like Stam Sorc.

DW/2H will still be better because of rally buff and heal,Your right with the changes to Flying blade more people will run DW/Bow as a option you lose a heal but vigor and shuffle can make up for it.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am NA Xbox I don't know where to get good gear lol @Jaronking and how much should I put into mighty until I switch to put them in precise strikes? And what do you think I should do now wait for the db or change to magblade now and change back when db hits? @Jaronking
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am NA Xbox I don't know where to get good gear lol @Jaronking and how much should I put into mighty until I switch to put them in precise strikes? And what do you think I should do now wait for the db or change to magblade now and change back when db hits? @Jaronking
    Lol well that's good because am NA as well message me on Xbox GT Bigleach87 and I'll make you something to help yput actually be able to kill someone lol.You should put 100 points into mighty then split off to precise strikes.Personally I say stay with what your comfortable with stambladed are still good if you know what your doing and a good stamblade will kill most magblades any day since most are glass cannon rerolls who don't know how to play the class well.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been in PVP in months, but I'd call that PROXY DET nerf considerable to magicka NB builds, even for PVE.

Seems like the new meta will be the STAMBALDE with all the buffs in DB.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man that would be awesome @Jaronking
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Gt is CAMER0N9 the o is a zero @Jaronking
    Edited by Cameron991 on April 26, 2016 8:26PM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man that would be awesome @Jaronking
    Hey what's your gamer tag?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others said. Play what you like, like what you play.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks so much man you helped me so much @Jaronking
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks so much man you helped me so much @Jaronking
    No problem I didn't make you weapons because I wasn't sure what you used back bar if you want I can make some just tell me what you use.

Just so you know why I made you full Impen it basically negate crit damage so basically crits hit you for base damage now.So you are still able to deal good damage but take more damage.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill never understand these questions.

How about you play what you think is more enjoyable rather than what is strongest being a FOTM players. You will appreciate the class more. I play a class that is under performing and is much more satisfying then my other classes.

I don't understand them myself either. Tho I can understand some people lack the IQ to build a damn toon.