The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you think DK Standard needs a buff?

Burning_Talons
Burning_Talons
✭✭✭✭✭
I made a whole thread about why and the website gave me the grey screen making it all delete. So not writing that again.
Edited by Burning_Talons on April 25, 2016 5:49PM

Do you think DK Standard needs a buff? 78 votes

Yes
65%
r.jan_emailb16_ESOTryxuskeni_harringtonb16_ESOAenlirMaximillianDiEparkourpageeb17_ESOvictorhrpereiraRohausRajajshkaninjaguymanMorosevortexman11BeaveriWolfchild07Jade1986RoamingRiverElkDemonDruagaEirellaSmoltFirerock2 51 votes
NO
34%
DilarnBirdovicTankqulldsa.adab16_ESOIruil_ESOGonzaDyrideSRIBESAoshylonewolf26wookikiller95VyperiaEdziuMyerscodDerraStrider_RoshinBulljokerSneaKCyrusAryaKr3do 27 votes
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would lowering the ult cost be a buff or do you mean a value buff?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Berserkur
    Berserkur
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Why do they need a buff? Standard is awesome in PvE and that's all that counts
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Being slightly cheaper wouldn't be bad.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It is a nice Ult. I personally like Shifting Standard more for the high duration (then again, I haven't used it in a long time).

The Ultimate cost should be reduced to 200, from 250.

Also, Negate Magic should cost around as much as Meteor to justify its use.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 25, 2016 7:16PM
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only buff it needs (imo) is reduced cost.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Standard of Might is without a doubt the most powerful PvE ultimate for sustained DPS. Buffing its damage directly, or indirectly through a cost reduction would make a very powerful PvE DPS class even more powerful. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to some (minor) buffs in PvP as long as they don't increase the DPS of magicka DKs in PvE.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    It is a nice Ult. I personally like Shifting Standard more for the high duration (then again, I haven't used it in a long time).

Shifting standard is 200 ult cost. The other morph is still 250 though.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Negate has a bas cost of 225, Meteor 200, and in practive the difference is even smaller thanks to the Sorc's ult cost reduction.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I think and this applies to all AOE ultimates like nova or negate but any enemy that is in the area when it drops is rooted for 3 seconds and any one who is in it is snared for 50%.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Shifting standard is 200 ult cost. The other morph is still 250 though.
    I know, but I think the the base skill and BOTH morphs should be lowered to 200. Plus anyway, 250 is so high!
    ToRelax wrote: »

Negate has a bas cost of 225, Meteor 200, and in practive the difference is even smaller thanks to the Sorc's ult cost reduction.

It feels like more than that.... Either way, it is probably the least used Ultimate in the game, and for good reason. Lining up the cost at like 180 would be great. It just needs to be lower to justify its use.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 26, 2016 2:44AM
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    Being slightly cheaper wouldn't be bad.

I know it is weird to say, but as a DK who uses it regularly, I don't want it to be cheaper. The DK passive that returns resources when we use an ultimate is based on the cost of the ultimate, and I love the huge amount I get back from standard.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make it so you get 1 ultimate whenever you takr damage while you are standing inside of your standard of might.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Make it so you get 1 ultimate whenever you takr damage while you are standing inside of your standard of might.

"This effect can only happen once every 4 seconds." :trollface:
    It feels like more than that.... Either way, it is probably the least used Ultimate in the game, and for good reason. Lining up the cost at like 180 would be great. It just needs to be lower to justify its use.

I think the added damage will help Negate in PvE, I don't know how much though. As for PvP, it will already be op with 225 base cost due to the new unbreakable CC, for that I wouldn't even mind a cost increase to 400-450.
    Edited by Sublime on May 1, 2016 1:21AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sublime wrote: »

I think the added damage will help Negate in PvE, I don't know how much though. As for PvP, it will already be op with 225 base cost due to the new unbreakable CC, for that I wouldn't even mind a cost increase to 400-450.

I wrote this prior to the Dark Brotherhood PTS. Absorption/Suppression Field is totally viable now :) I'm satisfied!
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »

I wrote this prior to the Dark Brotherhood PTS. Absorption/Suppression Field is totally viable now :) I'm satisfied!

I'm blind. xD
  • Bulljoker
    Bulljoker
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    not really, damage is good
    one morph buffs you for 30% i think,which is great
    and other morph makes you to move your standart to another place

it's not good for burst like a meteor,but i am happy with it and using it even in vMA
    PC EU
    EP - Bull the Ironbreaker - MagDK
    EP - They-renamed-me - MagBlade
    AD - Friendly in Cherno - StamSorc
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Standard of Might should be lowered back down to 200 or at least 225 ultimate. Thats the only buff I see necessary for it.

DKs don't have reduced ultimate cost like Sorcerers or Templars, they don't have crazy ultimate gain from potions or kills like Nightblades. The class that used to be known for covering the field with banners no longer has any actual advantage to gaining ultimate over other classes. Theres no reason for standard to cost that much.
    Edited by vortexman11 on May 6, 2016 3:06AM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • InBedWithMySelf
    InBedWithMySelf
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The ultimate cost is redicilous, and the healing debuff needs to be unique, since it's so darn easy to get out of it and avoid the healing reduction. just give it a flat 50% healing reduction. if you dont wanna get affected, just walk out of the standard, pretty simple. a small damage buff would also be nice.
  • InBedWithMySelf
    InBedWithMySelf
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Plus, have you guys noticed that everyone who voted no and commented, is talking about pve? the standard is pretty good in pve, though ult cost still sucks. the problem with standard is in PVP guys, not PVE, just so you know. buffing healing reduction would be nice, and would not affect pve, just pointing that out.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    yes, make it cost 200 ultimate like it used to.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    If the general consensus is that this ultimate needs a buff in PvP, up the healing debuff to 50% (make it able to stack with other healing debuffs), and make it root for 5 seconds or so after it drops. Maybe increase the radius a little bit. This should give you a very powerful skill at high cost.

What it does NOT need is a lower cost or more damage, because it is arguably already the best PvE DPS ultimate.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    250 is a bit much...but Standard is definitely OP as f**k in the sewers. Nothing like kiting a zerg into a hallway ;)
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    A buff in reduced Ult cost, perhaps yeah.
    But damage and utility wise its absolutely fine as is now.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I remember when to stand in a Standard was death. Now we simply ignore them and stay in them without fear of anything much happening and ignore them. Given their price - Standard's should be scary again.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP it is crap because hello STUPID CIRCLE with no CC. But in PvE it is the best DPS ult there is...no matter what it will cause issues for 1 side.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    I don't play DK, but i still think it's too expensive. I don't know why people were crying for the nerf a year ago.
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

R.I.P. Wabbajack
  • InBedWithMySelf
    InBedWithMySelf
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    How about they modify the damage similarly to how they modify Ambush to act differently when attacking npcs, for example:
    "This Ability (Dragonknight Standard) deals 80% Damage to Non Playable Characters (NPC)"
    All of you guys who said it does crazy amounts of damage in pve, this is the answer. just make it do less damage to mobs, but buff the damage. It cant possibly get more simpler than that, am I right?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope one thing most can agree on would be to increase the synergy activation radius back to how it was pre 1.6.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ToRelax wrote: »
    I hope one thing most can agree on would be to increase the synergy activation radius back to how it was pre 1.6.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What was the point in nerfing Synergies anyways? Who on earth ever complained about Synergy range being OP. The least they could do is make synergies more reliable, when I walk into the center of an unsynergized nova and the synergy popup suddenly disappears yet no one else has synergized it...it kind of frustrates me
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    it is still superior to its templar pendant even after 20 nerfs, so why does it qualify for a buff?
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"