The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Starting to get back into game, Should i bother and if so any tips

Malachi79
Malachi79
✭✭
So like i said in the title I'm trying to get back into the game (starting brand new), so should i bother? , If so any tips like builds to go for, best race/class combinations, Best faction to join etc. Thanks in advance
Edited by Malachi79 on April 23, 2016 6:56PM
"Corporal, Whats a Corporal?" #1 AAFC quote

*NA PC Mega-server*
*Aldmeri Dominion - {Sir Notsodps} *Vampire* *PVE/Trials* *DPS*
*Daggerfall covenant - {Emma Hearth} *Vampire* *PVE orientated* *Crafter*
*Daggerfall covenant - {Sir Notsotankalot} *PVP/PVE orientated* *Tank*
*Edonheart Pact - {Abcaac} *PVP orientated* *Warden Tank*

*EU PC Mega-server*
*Aldmeri Dominion - Soon!
*Daggerfall covenant - Soon!
*Edonheart Pact - Soon!

Best Answers

• Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact is the most populated faction. The AD is completely dead, and DC is in between.

Absolute best tank - Templar/DK (side heals, or group buffs)

Absolute best dps - Sorc/Templar (sorc single target dps, Templars massive AOE dps)

Absolute best healer - Templar/NB (Both are very good but templars have an ultimate that heals which is rip any other class imo)

If you are playing stamina build, you want Redguard or Wood elf, if you want magicka build you use High Elf or Breton. For survival go Nord, Imperial or Argonian(extra potion effect passives). Orcs and Khajiits are pretty much useless imo.
    Master Debater
    Answer ✓
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back. I imagine a lot of people won't know how to answer your question about 'bests' because the game really doesn't have one min/max combination that beats all others. The good news is you can find a way to play anything you want and it can be competitive.

But... at present magicka characters have it easier than stamina characters, so an altmer or breton's racial passives are great in any class. Dark elves bonus to fire damage makes them fantastic dragon knights, and when stamina gets buffed in the dark brotherhood a dunmer would still be an epic stamina dk.

Tanking has been made quite difficult throughout the game, while healing well in cyrodil is challenging, and perhaps for these reasons most characters I meet have gone for straight forward damage roles. Making a pure damage dealer will get you through all the content in the game, but if you are interested in doing group content you will find it much easier to make friends if you are a tank or healer.Templars are undeniably the best class for healing, dragon knights the best for tanking.

The end game 'best' build takes a long time to achieve in eso, and grinding all the way to get there would be incredibly boring. Pve quests now give decent xp (particularly in the new dlc areas) and are superbly written (and under appreciated in my opinion), so if you decide to try the game then sit back and enjoy the story.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
    Answer ✓