The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GUILD BANKS

scorpiodog
scorpiodog
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a bit confused about the purpose of guild banks.

Many times I'm just walking down the street and I get invited to join guilds, and sometimes I accept to see how their activity is. When I go to their guild bank I notice that for some of them I have immediate access to their guild bank.

I know each guild is probably different, but is the Guild Bank kind of like your shed/garage/attic/basement where you hoard stuff you don't really need, but can't bear to throw away?

I can't imagine it being very safe to put stuff there because I was invited to these guilds as a random person on the street. No one even talked to me first - it was just a guild invite - but on the other hand there is a lot of valuable stuff in there so maybe there is a way to protect it that I don't know of? Of course I don't want to "test" if I can take out someone else's stuff - that would be stupid. I'm just assuming based on some forum discussions that anyone can take anyone's stuff.

And how do you track your stuff? Pen and paper? If you put in a bunch of 200 stacks of various materials, how do you keep track of which is yours? If I put in 200 steel and another member does also, does it matter which stack I remove since they are basically identical?

It's also interesting to note that my female characters get way more guild invites than my male characters. At least a 5:1 ratio. Just a funny observation, until I start thinking about the whole guild bank thing and the decision making process behind how those guild officers recruit and who will have access to any stuff I put in their guild bank.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct in assuming you can join and take all of the itemsand run to the hills laughing.

You are correct in assuming it is unwise to have immediate bank access and invite random people to join.

Most guilds either have a vetting process or limited guild bank access.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can add to your Guild's bank or store,and if you show yourself to be a good and trustworthy member,you may gain access to the ability to withdraw things in the bank.
    No,the guild bank isnt your so use as in putting things in for safe keeping.If you put something in,someone else can take it out.Having said that,you can sometimes remove stuff too.If,as I mentioned,you have the access to do so.
    Edited by Volkodav on April 23, 2016 9:23AM
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    Under your guild tab you can see any transaction made in the guild bank. So if you deposit a stack of 200 steel ingots, you will be able to view the transaction. Your name with the item you deposited will show. If you withdrawal anything that will show up also.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some guilds are really open, others just put junk for lowbies in the guildbank so if it gets robbed it's no big deal.

In my guild members start off without permission to guildbank, and have to be promoted by me or any of my officers to gain access. I promote after talking to people, spending some time with them to see if they are good people or immature... as sometimes noobs don't mess guildbanks up on purpose, but because they don't know the worth of items.

For instance I once crafted blue level 26 set gear for a casual guildie, and the noob went off and traded his blue divine set gloves for an ornate purple level 26 gloves lol .. however I still promoted him in my guild, but didn't tell him that he has guildbank access, so he doesn't know it yet after 1 year :p