Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Firestarter" MagBlade Build (HotR DLC ready)

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to add an extra 1k to my dps swapping cripple and impale, as well as soul harvest and meteor. Having impale on fire staff gives it an extra 8% buff from tri focus passive as well as losing less dps when you slot the shield instead of inner light on back bar. Swapping ults allowed me to more easily use soul harvest during execute as well which gave the biggest bump I believe.

Also just reread this...if yoi have both cripple and siphoning on same bar you are losing your 8% magicka passive on fro t bar which is a big nono...did i misread your comments?

When you do that, swap swallow soul for force pulse. Force pulse and swallow soul have minor differences in single target fights, though force pulse is better with cleave because of its chain. The trade off though is being able to get that flame staff boost for impale and in my tests so far has outwayed the loss of dropping FP as well as helping a lot with sustain since swallow soul is so cheap. Can even go funnel health to give some extra hps to group, which can be useful sometimes. Try it out though, let me know what you find.

This is what im getting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-YnINR7Qeo&feature=youtu.be
    I did use regen food for it
  • Capt_Morgan
    Capt_Morgan
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to add an extra 1k to my dps swapping cripple and impale, as well as soul harvest and meteor. Having impale on fire staff gives it an extra 8% buff from tri focus passive as well as losing less dps when you slot the shield instead of inner light on back bar. Swapping ults allowed me to more easily use soul harvest during execute as well which gave the biggest bump I believe.

Also just reread this...if yoi have both cripple and siphoning on same bar you are losing your 8% magicka passive on fro t bar which is a big nono...did i misread your comments?

When you do that, swap swallow soul for force pulse. Force pulse and swallow soul have minor differences in single target fights, though force pulse is better with cleave because of its chain. The trade off though is being able to get that flame staff boost for impale and in my tests so far has outwayed the loss of dropping FP as well as helping a lot with sustain since swallow soul is so cheap. Can even go funnel health to give some extra hps to group, which can be useful sometimes. Try it out though, let me know what you find.

This is what im getting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-YnINR7Qeo&feature=youtu.be

That's good. One thing I noticed too after doing a couple hundred tests on the dummy is how important crit on impale and merciless really is. The crit chance rng on impale and merciless as well as if scathing is up at the right moment can be a 3 to 4k difference. I've seen parses with like 90% crit at execute and others in low 40's.
    MagBlade main since early Access. Long live the warlock.
    PC/NA
    @CAPT_Morgan
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's good. One thing I noticed too after doing a couple hundred tests on the dummy is how important crit on impale and merciless really is. The crit chance rng on impale and merciless as well as if scathing is up at the right moment can be a 3 to 4k difference. I've seen parses with like 90% crit at execute and others in low 40's.

Dude....i just found a better rotation that allows me to EASILY get 3 procs and it doesnt change!!
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Updated rotation...added 4k dps...and if I dont mess up execute ez 40k+
  • Pdl123
    Pdl123
    Soul Shriven
    Pvp set up?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pdl123 wrote: »
    Pvp set up?

I dont PvP
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO

if I were to drop a skill from your bar set up to put a shield on, which one should i drop? I was thinking dropping inner light on the back bar or maybe even impale, but both of those are kind of no brainers to have. normally I would have a shield where you have shock clench, but im trying out the rotation you have, but still want the survivability from shields .
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hedna123b14_ESO

if I were to drop a skill from your bar set up to put a shield on, which one should i drop? I was thinking dropping inner light on the back bar or maybe even impale, but both of those are kind of no brainers to have. normally I would have a shield where you have shock clench, but im trying out the rotation you have, but still want the survivability from shields .

I actually need to updatr the guide, I no longet use Ilambris, I use Skoria, so you could either keep rotation the same and drop inner light, or drop shock clench and then uae a dofferwnt rotation.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for HotR DLC
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued by this build, and it definitely outperforms what I've been able to do on the dummy this patch.

But regardless of my build, I'm never going to do as much single-target damage as the stam builds in my raid. And since raids are now running so many stam DDs, there are now fewer magicka DDs around to provide Off-Balance, as well as more heavy attacks consuming Off-Balance. Wouldn't it be better then to run a shock staff with Lightning Wall and Thunderous Rage? It seems that every magicka DD who doesn't run lightning is a blow to group DPS, regardless of target dummy performance.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but it seems as though if I'm not running a stam DD this patch, then I'm either supporting my stam DDs or I'm just playing magicka because not all of us can fit in melee range.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by this build, and it definitely outperforms what I've been able to do on the dummy this patch.

But regardless of my build, I'm never going to do as much single-target damage as the stam builds in my raid. And since raids are now running so many stam DDs, there are now fewer magicka DDs around to provide Off-Balance, as well as more heavy attacks consuming Off-Balance. Wouldn't it be better then to run a shock staff with Lightning Wall and Thunderous Rage? It seems that every magicka DD who doesn't run lightning is a blow to group DPS, regardless of target dummy performance.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but it seems as though if I'm not running a stam DD this patch, then I'm either supporting my stam DDs or I'm just playing magicka because not all of us can fit in melee range.

That is true. I am currently in the process of adding 2 more variants to the build...the biggest issue is that if you are using lightning wall, you have to use Juli...sorcs are much better suited for lightning wall...
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is true. I am currently in the process of adding 2 more variants to the build...the biggest issue is that if you are using lightning wall, you have to use Juli...sorcs are much better suited for lightning wall...

Yeah, sorcs definitely work better for that. So far this patch, magblade feels worse at support than sorcerer and worse at straight damage than any stamina DD. I main a magblade and so still want to play it, but I'm really struggling to see the point of bringing one into a raid.

Edit: it's even worse, since magDK is now less desirable in raids. Engulfing Flames was boosting my DPS by a significant amount, and with it gone, magblade performance goes down even more.
    Edited by casparian on August 28, 2017 5:54PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, sorcs definitely work better for that. So far this patch, magblade feels worse at support than sorcerer and worse at straight damage than any stamina DD. I main a magblade and so still want to play it, but I'm really struggling to see the point of bringing one into a raid.

Edit: it's even worse, since magDK is now less desirable in raids. Engulfing Flames was boosting my DPS by a significant amount, and with it gone, magblade performance goes down even more.

I feel that...o ahould be adding a aupport and a 3 AW variants to the build, hopefully you can use them to enjoy the class more.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with a support setup thanks to a rotation by @ascatraz
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this and your continued contributions.

A few questions:

1. If no VMA staff, would infused and precise/nirhoned be the standrd option?
    2. What enchants would your recommend
    3. If MD/IM 4 piece is not available, what's the goto set? I have looked at a number (rings + a light piece) and for SD and Mag, there a number of choices. Then there is mother's sorrow for higher crit...and for solo survivability vampire cloak...Any views?

Thanks.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Thanks for this and your continued contributions.

A few questions:

1. If no VMA staff, would infused and precise/nirhoned be the standrd option?
    2. What enchants would your recommend
    3. If MD/IM 4 piece is not available, what's the goto set? I have looked at a number (rings + a light piece) and for SD and Mag, there a number of choices. Then there is mother's sorrow for higher crit...and for solo survivability vampire cloak...Any views?

Thanks.

1. Precise
    2. Front fire back shock
    3. 3 md/infal and a random staff
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. For the all fire build, what is recommended for back staff enchant.

Also, to clarify, lol, if MD and Infal aren't used, are there any preferences? I tend to vacillate between MS and a standard SD combo.

Tks.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Thanks. For the all fire build, what is recommended for back staff enchant.

Also, to clarify, lol, if MD and Infal aren't used, are there any preferences? I tend to vacillate between MS and a standard SD combo.

Tks.

Hey the enchant is shock on back bar. If youre not using vMA. If MD and Infal arent used I suppose willpower would work.
  • Tamorand
    Tamorand
    ✭✭
    Hey NOS,

Do you intend to update your guides for CWC? I've been using them for a long time and was wondering if you would make any changes?

Thanks for all you do!
    Edited by Tamorand on December 21, 2017 4:46PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've heard, the OP no longer plays ESO :/
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Cadbury wrote: »
    From what I've heard, the OP no longer plays ESO :/

Yep, NOS has quit the game. More and more endgame players do, or got kicked due to that damn asylum exploit... Lost two guildmates to it even though they just went in there to check if it actually worked and didn't use it until the end.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA