The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

You walk in and you see.....

Thealteregoroman
Thealteregoroman
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_MattFiror (president of Zenimax Online Studios), Robert A. Altman (chairman and CEO Zenimax Media) and Ernest Del (Zenimax Media President) at a table talking. You hear of conversation over the game Elder Scrolls Online and community feed back. Would you make your presence known that you are a player? What would you say to them? Would you give your honest opinion about the game? Would you fan boy out and want to take pics or would you be ice cold? What are the top 3 things you would want them to know about your experience in Elder Scrolls Online? Do you think they would listen to what you have to say?

This is a neutral post so feel free to leave your positive experience and or negative experience of the game. What you would do or say in a hypothetical situation like above?

Please be respectful.
****Master Healer...****
  • Xandyaffonso
    I would probably tell them to fix all the bugs in the game, then take a pic.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd put a bucket of popcorn on the table
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say:
    "Thank you so very much,for doing your best to create the world of Tamriel for the online community."
    (and yes,I am a "White Knight") XD
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd wonder why they were in New Zealand.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Id ask them if they have any more of those netch hats to give away. Maybe a t-shirt.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say I'm going to punch 1 of you for making me love/hate this game No ETA but soon™

And then I'd tell em to get the hell out of my kitchen.
    Edited by Thornen on March 31, 2016 11:46PM
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd solo them
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would knock some sense into them grandma style
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    I'd pickpocket them empty, then charge in with prox.det. Unless, of course, they are essential NPCs in which case I'd take a screenshot for UESP and see if they have any interesting dialogue :)
    Edited by Tib on March 31, 2016 11:35PM
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove aoe caps! then storm out the door

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    I'd solo them

This could be interpreted in many different ways. :o
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id set up my templar house on the table and sit in it. Then be like "wut?".

Edit: theyre lucky my gapcloser is still broken.
    Edited by Inarre on March 31, 2016 11:40PM
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd ask Matt if he's gonna swap to CU too.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably not bother them to be honest. XD
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the top 3 things you would want them to know about your experience in Elder Scrolls Online?
    1. Getting rid of bots and gold sellers post launch -- well done.
    2. All through 2014 I was enjoying the game a lot. The pace of balance and bug fixes wasn't that great, but at least it felt like it was heading in the right direction.
    3. Update 6 and onwards have been a series of disasters.

After which they'd probably fall from their chairs, laughing.

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall are too funny!!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say something along the lines of

"Excuse me gentlemen, I hate to be a bother, but I doubt I'll ever get another opportunity to speak with all three of you at the same time. I just want to tell you that I have loved ESO and I am grateful that Zenimax saw fit to orchestrate its existence. There is, however, a vast amount of money being left on the table by your design team. The Elder Scrolls Online can be a long term, sustainable source of income for Zenimax and many of the design decisions seem to be focused on a short term, high impact profit model when the clout of the Elder Scrolls name can generate so much more than that. With the ideas I bring to the table, ESO can and will generate regular and renewable revenue streams for Zenimax while helping ESO become a leader in the MMO and RPG genres. I'd love the opportunity to discuss with you further ways that ESO can grow it's playerbase by gaining new customers and sustaining the ones they already have."

And they would likely say. "Who the hell are you, and how did you get in here?"
    Then I would say "I'm Gidorick, @Thealteregoroman let me in."
    Then they would call security.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 1, 2016 12:23AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

"Excuse me gentlemen, I hate to be a bother, but I doubt I'll ever get another opportunity to speak with all three of you at the same time. I just want to tell you that I have loved ESO and I am grateful that Zenimax saw fit to orchestrate its existence. There is, however, a vast amount of money being left on the table by your design team. The Elder Scrolls Online can be a long term, sustainable source of income for Zenimax and many of the design decisions seem to be focused on a short term, high impact profit model when the clout of the Elder Scrolls name can generate so much more than that. With the ideas I bring to the table, ESO can and will generate regular and renewable revenue streams for Zenimax while helping ESO become a leader in the MMO and RPG genres. I'd love the opportunity to discuss with you further ways that ESO can grow it's playerbase by gaining new customers and sustaining the ones they already have."

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley:
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    I'd walk by, get my mocha whatev cause they'd probably be in a coffee shop, wait until I just get past them, turn around really fast and say 'SPACE GOATS' while doing this

1DvmuCb.gif

and then finally make a hasty exit to either their laughter or wtfing.

I would then go through every patch looking for the one NPC or quest that would mention space goats, lean back and go 'yep, my influence.'

And I apologize for the gif size, I couldn't get the coding to work to make it smaller. Mindtaking, baby.
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Sup, i play your game religiously.

Soooo, wheeens the Barbershop coming and when is the game's performance in general being improved?
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately and fortuitously, I would be wearing my handmade Sheogorath costume, complete with expertly trimmed facial hair, and bellowing a precise Scottish accent when this occurred. The conversation:

YOU! YOU! YOU!

And me.

I bet you thought I was a figment of your unparalleled imagination, didn't YOU? YOU! YOU!

Well, here's Uncle Sheo! In the flesh! So to speak. I'm not really made of anything so crude as that. Or maybe I am. Never checked. Well, that's a small, insignificant fib, really. And a story I'm not telling!!! Maybe later.

Look here... yes, over here. Stop snapping your fingers so peevishly. The waiter can't help you. He's 'distracted' by the floating dishware in the kitchen, or what he thinks is the kitchen. And it's not so much dishware as it is his fingers, but I promise to reattach them if he can catch them all in less than two jumps. I'm not cruel!

Or, maybe I am. But you made me this way, didn't YOU! YOU! Oh you get the point. With all your Crown Store this, and nerf-it-all that, I mean, why do you think me poor scamps hold their heads in agony? I suppose me singing has something to do with that, but that's not the only reason!!

Perhaps you should consider being a kinder, gentler sort of Daedric Lord, like I have. It's not much fun, and not nearly as lucrative, but people might actually think you were the Senche's meow...if you're into that sort of thing. Never was myself. Was I ever? Myself, I mean? Quite honestly, BOTH are boring. That's why I like to be cruel and kind, at the same time. More interesting that way. Usually.

Anyway, kids, visit time is over, and you've obviously got a lot on your plate. Actually and literally you don't, I consumed your meals when I arrived... always hungry ...but figuratively, you do. Maybe try writing or calling next time?

And off I'd scoot, hopefully with the help of a well-placed, copiously spewing fog machine.
    Edited by Morimizo on April 1, 2016 5:49AM
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take selfies with them on SnapChat, including the Face swap filter.
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Top 3 things in no particular order of importance...

1: Will you scale all zones like DLC so I can go back and farm and have fun in all the "old" content?

2: Will you add more of a sandbox approach to housing? I.E zoned with place-able trophies, armor stands, allow us to actually drop our gear on the ground and have piles of jewels rolling all over the floor when I enter with my kids bringing me alchemy ingredients?

3: Do you really think Companion NPC's are worth more than DLC's?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would listen in, presence unknown. Hearing what they say without anyone watching is their truest opinion - I will not tarnish that by having them consider me. If there is a smooth transition for me to enter I would, because there are balance issues and directions I would like to discuss, but for the most part it is me listening to them. I was not invited to speak, I just happen to be passing by.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably be ice cold and provide feedback on a few things like fishing, under water exploration, housing, trading and the ability to marry NPCs.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Sounds like a great way to get yourself soul trapped. ;)

I do agree, the business model has taken a bit of a turn for the short term. Not sure why such a powerhouse franchise would be feeling frantic. I think part of it is the almost adversarial relationship the F2P/B2P business model sets up with their customers.

I have said it before, the micro-transaction model has one fatal flaw: You never know what you are getting for your money. You never know how much you will have to spend to "get it all." That uncertainty sets up the foundation of doubt, which undermines consumer confidence.

With a subscription model, you always know you are getting the full experience, and timely comprehensive support, without having to reach for your wallet. That is not to say micro-transactions can't work, and I do enjoy being able to play for free while I develop addons. I think a good start would be to stop the "limited time only" gimmick which only worsens that consumer sense of being manipulated, and thus further undermines confidence.

Fill the shop with quality and LEAVE IT THERE.

As to the OP, if it were me and if we are assuming they were receptive to some random person interrupting their luncheon/meeting/whatever, I would talk innovation and long-term community building.

The markets are starved for a quality RPG experience. I feel that fleshing out the world with more immersive opportunities for customization and lore, integrated with an expanded culture system, cross-faction alliances, and regional housing options could seriously invigorate this community.

Then we would have a serious conversation about motivation vs. manipulation as a micro-transaction philosophy. :p
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll place an order for a custom made rice crispy or waffle that says "AoE Caps" and place it at their table.
    Edited by MaxwellC on April 1, 2016 4:48AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l