The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undaunted passive for mag NB

Hauztein
Hauztein
✭✭✭
Is it worth to go 5 light 1 medium and 1 heavy? and loose some light passives?
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PVE sustain is not as big an issue, and more Magicka means more damage. 5/1/1 is most often the better approach. In PVP it's a trade off. At times less stats but better sustain wins out.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5/1/1 is worth it in my opinion, it really helps to buff stats with 3-stat food.

I get plenty of sustain from 1x regen glyph, 1x set bonus and the atronach mundus.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    mag NB has siphoning attacks and very cheap swallow soul with HoT included so they anyway has good sustain so armor mix 5/1/1 is good. (mag NB with their sustain can even go tanky in 5 heavy to gap to enemy groups with sap essence and detonation up)
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go either way tbh. These guys up top make good points and having the extra resources is a noticeable benefit in many cases. I do not utilize the undaunted passives for my magblade dps (in my tank spec I do use those passives). But I also don't use any form of recovery outside of siphoning attacks, relying solely on it and light armor passives for sustain. I feel this affords the luxury of sinking more into spell damage and max magicka, without having to take max stats that I don't really care about in my dps spec. The only reason you would want health as a dps is to avoid 1-shot mechanics, and stam is barely useful in pve. If you have to break free or dodge roll more than a couple times in an average dungeon or something, then you're standing in the bad mechanics, and it's not stamina that's causing you problems. My recovery is <900 and I never run out (the beauty of a magblade), but I also have 40k magicka and 4100 SD (self-buffed).