The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game unplayable, crashing 24/7, can't finish a single dungeon now....

Smasherx74
Smasherx74
✭✭✭✭✭
So I had been noticing I'd crash (along with other people at same time) in Dungeons specifically. It happen at least 5 times where multiple people all crash at the same time. Yesterday I crashed trying to complete my pledge and just logged off because I didn't want to deal with it. So today I go to do the gold pledge, I crash twice the first time, I go and change Numworkjobs to 0, bam crash again with the new group for gold. So I try one more time, and I crashed before even getting a new group.

I did trials a few days ago without any crashes. I never crash on any game, but ESO. It's always display driver crashes and now it's freezing my computer (windows 10). I just bought the thieves guild DLC a few days ago, and with all the recent crashes I literally cannot get into the game. I'm going to want a refund if this doesn't get addressed quickly, I dealt with the Revive button being broken for weeks, and when you guys finally fix it the game becomes unplayable with crashes.

Also now, it seems I was the only one crashing in my group. For whatever reason the game has decided to become completely unplayable after the patch today. My GPU isn't failing either. This is completely on you guys and I expect it to be fixed asap (I'm losing the only time I have to play because of this).
Master Debater
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose later I'll try Directx9 instead, and if that doesn't work I'll try turning spell effects off. I've really lost interest in this game now, I was getting back into it for a while but after the broken skills and new crash issues I'm just not feeling it. Might just play fallout4 or something for now until ESO stops acting like a beta game.
    Master Debater
  • BDB_Inc
    BDB_Inc
    DirectX11 is now required for ESO. DirecrtX9 is no longer supported and neither is OpenGL.

Let me suggest playing "The Witcher 2".
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BDB_Inc wrote: »
    DirectX11 is now required for ESO. DirecrtX9 is no longer supported and neither is OpenGL.

Well it doesn't matter because (you didn't read) DX9 nor OpenGL are working either. ESO64 helped I got further in the dungeon but it still crashed. Isn't there any logs I can send ESO for them to troubleshoot the issue? I've never had this problem before aside from the times everyone else crashed too, and I'm not crashing on any other games.

Something is wrong with ESO, I guess ill try repairing/reinstalling the game.
    Master Debater
  • BDB_Inc
    BDB_Inc
    I did read what you wrote, that you were going to try DirectX9. This is why I replied to your post, to let you know that DirectX9 wouldn't work. You hadn't mentioned OpenGL, but I included that in an effort to be helpful.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've fixed it by repairing my game files.
    Master Debater
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BDB_Inc wrote: »

Witcher 3 is a better game :)
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    But requires dx11.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few things you can try to improve performance/reduce crashing:

1) Disable vSYNC in ESO settings and enable Adaptive vSYNC in the Nvidea settings.
    2) Use the 32-bit launcher.
    3) Disable optional graphic settings (Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, Distortion etc).
    3) Reduce your view distance to 40 or less.
    4) Disable high quality shadows and GPU smoothing (see tutorial here)
    5) Disable Normal_Maps in the UserSettings.ini (this will reduce bump details but has a huge impact on performance).

I strongly suggest option 5 if you want to reduce fps drops and crashing.
    With this setting turned on I cannot participate in large scale pvp because I crash every 5 minutes.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things you can try to improve performance/reduce crashing:

1) Disable vSYNC in ESO settings and enable Adaptive vSYNC in the Nvidea settings.
    2) Use the 32-bit launcher.
    3) Disable optional graphic settings (Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, Distortion etc).
    3) Reduce your view distance to 40 or less.
    4) Disable high quality shadows and GPU smoothing (see tutorial here)
    5) Disable Normal_Maps in the UserSettings.ini (this will reduce bump details but has a huge impact on performance).

I strongly suggest option 5 if you want to reduce fps drops and crashing.
    With this setting turned on I cannot participate in large scale pvp because I crash every 5 minutes.

64 bit launcher gives me 60fps consistently, repairing my files as I posted fixed this problem.
    Master Debater