The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is it against the rules for DC to feed one of their own on an AD alt to get their own emp?

dejohn
dejohn
Soul Shriven
I learned today that on PC NA Azuras Star DC, the faction that I play and have been loyal to since I started playing is engaging in what I believe to be unethical actions. If we don't want there to be a good AD emp who can help their faction win, then rather than actually fight we just feed ticks to one of our own on his AD character so that he can get to the top of the leader board.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Would you please let us know if this is allowed?

One of my AD friends even told me that the person in second place stopped playing on that character so that "someone who has never been emperor could get it".

I'm disgusted with my faction right now.

[snip]

Moderator edit - post edited for naming and shaming
Edited by ZOS_MollyH on March 29, 2016 6:19PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    who cares?

if crown wanted emp he or parody would out gain this petty BS and get emp anyway
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dejohn It's against the rules to name people who are doing bad things, even if they're hacking, exploiting, cheating, etc. You can't even link to a Youtube video or saved stream where the names of people can be seen if you're talking about anything negative.

That is ZOS' way of trying to hide the fact that there are people who do bad things (everything is always sunshine and rainbows in ESO), and prevent us from discussing them on their official forums. If you want this thread to stay without being deleted by a moderator, I suggest you remove the screen shot showing the person's name. It's very easy for us to log in and see who it is.

The person in zone is right though - ZOS don't care, and they won't do anything about it. As a response to this, AD could all get their DC friends to feed ticks to some level 10 DC player or alt and prevent DC from getting an effective emperor as well. It's just one more thing that is broken in this game..

The person in second place is my wife (@lightingale) and the apparent reason for doing this is to prevent me from being emp (which I was for most of last campaign in Azuras on my Templar). I wasn't intending to play much this reset anyway - I'm fed up with the issues that have not been addressed, the new issues that were introduced in this patch that we, the players, told ZOS about from PTS , the new things introduced that did not exist as bugs on PTS, the lack of thought begind so many of the changes, and the general lack of response from them when we ask questions or try to help them make their game better. I'll probably get on for the Victorem drunk raid night (Friday and/or Saturday) to socialize with friends, but won't be playing much otherwise for a while.

Good luck in the campaign!
    Edited by Crown on March 30, 2016 2:31PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • dejohn
    dejohn
    Soul Shriven
    @Crown You were right, and the moderator removed a lot more than just the name of the person. Here is the discussion in zone that does not have the person's name:
    p9Jy5rP.png
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, this is bad. Puts a very bad taste in my mouth about the way ZOS is handling their game. I just hope that by naming and shaming something will be done to address this issue. I mean, I know that the mod cleaned up the post, but something should be done.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    Oh man, this is bad. Puts a very bad taste in my mouth about the way ZOS is handling their game. I just hope that by naming and shaming something will be done to address this issue. I mean, I know that the mod cleaned up the post, but something should be done.

Something was done, rugs were lifted and things were swept under said rugs - BAU.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will get in more trouble for naming and shaming than they will get for cheating or exploiting as it's easy to prove.... More objective. Well all I can say we all know Is Dr Nait does not need to prove himself to some DC nobody who can't get emp in a legit way even if he is trolling on his banana toon. It does remind me of an elite red guild who got pretty much every person emp even those that did not earn it or deserve it. Just saying.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea the collusion and faction swapping at the drop of a hat is more damaging to the game than the lag, three faction warfare here is kind of a joke should have always been one campaign one faction, to late for that now, but I sure wish they would have followed the DAOC model a little closer when it came to Cyrodiil.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a slightly frowned up on technique I would assume, but how would you stop it? Sure you can report him I suppose, but then try and prove that it was AP feeding and not just someone playing on an alt. It would take time and resources from ZoS to nail down just one person doing this. Multiply that by the hundreds doing it and it's an impossible task. Someone would slip through while others got banned.

They would need to overhaul the game mechanics and rules and automate the process in order to stop it. That also takes a lot of time and resources.

The short version is, it's likely not something ZoS wants to support but it's easier for them to just turn the other way than find an elegant solution that solves the issue completely.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's easier for them to just turn the other way than find an elegant solution that solves the issue completely.

Story of this game..

I still love the game, but not the direction they've been taking it. It's their game and they're entitled to do what they want with it, just as I'm entitled to state that I believe they've made a lot of mistakes and those mistakes are the reason they're losing so many good PvP players. We can complain and make suggestions as much as we want, the lack of any meaningful response other than threats of being banned are what ruined it for me.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    it's easier for them to just turn the other way than find an elegant solution that solves the issue completely.

Story of this game..

I still love the game, but not the direction they've been taking it. It's their game and they're entitled to do what they want with it, just as I'm entitled to state that I believe they've made a lot of mistakes and those mistakes are the reason they're losing so many good PvP players. We can complain and make suggestions as much as we want, the lack of any meaningful response other than threats of being banned are what ruined it for me.

On the bright side if all the good pvpers are leaving all that will be left are juicy scrubs to feed us ap :D (trying to think positively given the gravity of the situation)
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just going to get worse with the ability to have any alliance on the same campaign. Not so long ago, the person who was top of the DC leaderboard was a known EP who has made it very well known that he hates the DC to the point where he won't kill an AD. His EP guild let him kill them multiple times AP farming so he could be top of the leaderboards.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Short answer: It's against the spirit of the game, but not breaking any rule with consequences.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea the collusion and faction swapping at the drop of a hat is more damaging to the game than the lag.

No.
    No.
    Absolutely not.
    NO.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    @dejohn It's against the rules to name people who are doing bad things, even if they're hacking, exploiting, cheating, etc. You can't even link to a Youtube video or saved stream where the names of people can be seen if you're talking about anything negative.

That is ZOS' way of trying to hide the fact that there are people who do bad things (everything is always sunshine and rainbows in ESO), and prevent us from discussing them on their official forums.

I think its more of a privacy issue. You can always PM the mods with this information instead of posting it on the forum.