The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Insane stuttering and FPS drops

silvereddi
silvereddi
Soul Shriven
So here is my problem. I am playing this game now for 2 weeks. At the beginning everything worked fine, just sometimes a little bit of stuttering in towns. But after the last patch this game is unplayable. It is no fun to play when the game fps drops to zero. Whenever i enter a city like Hews Bane, Vulkhelwatch, or else the game is stuttering like hell. I can stand in the middle of the town, wait 5 minutes and let them textures load but still it is stuttering so hard that my screen is freezing for a second or two.
Now i have to say that my fps are fine, most time they are at 40 to 100 fps. In houses, or in the thieves guild underground or just in the landscape the gameplay is almost smooth with 60-100 fps. But when i reach a town, especially in the middle area the game is not playable anymore. Worst part is in hews bane where its just no fun anymore to walk around because my game is freezing every few seconds. The stutter is really no fun. But now here is the strange part. Ive activated fraps to check my fps and when it starts to stutter my fps drop to like 20 while the game itself is freezing for a second or two. Should'nt the fps drop down to zero or 2-5? Someone said that this could be a problem with my drive. At the beginning my drive was almost full, only 32 GB space left. So ive uninstalled some games and now with 120 GB free space it doesnt changed anything. But i have tried almost everything. I tried to lower the settings ingame, without a big difference. Also ive changed the usersettings to boost my game, but this does not help!

I followed these solutions and none of them could help me for real. After some minutes my games just starts to stutter and it wont stop unless i leave the city. Now this has nothing to do with my internet, because everything works fine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3jjoql/are_you_having_fps_issues_wih_eso_on_a_pc_well/

Oh, and i have to say that i have checked task manager and i got very suspicious at some point. When the game is running i have noticed that the CPU usage is swinging from 60 % to 100 % every minute. It happens many times that i see it going up to 97 or 100 % for like 5 seconds and then it goes down again. Oh and in the task manage ive also noticed the disc usage is sometimes raising insane. Its often raising up to 99 or 100 % and then dropping again. And i just don't understand this. I have already used CCleaner, MalwareBytes and i defragment my drive to be sure. And i deactivated the most of the autorun programs, and i have changed my antivirus program twice, and i have updated my graphics card driver, but i can't see any difference.
Oh and of course when i am playing im closing the launcher unless i am playing with 64 bit (i ve tried both, 32 and 64 bit, both seem to be same). And of course i set the priority to high for the game. But like everything before NOTHING seems to help.

Oh and i have to say when i have tried this one: "Edit usersettings.txt file and search for the following SET items. change the values to "0" SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0" SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"" the game was loading for like 2 minutes after i could start playing but then i have noticed a weird thing ingame. Some textures likes ugly stairs and ugly wall and stuff and some npcs were like missing when i reached an area or a city, i had to wait some seconds until they appeared, and this was not enjoyable BUT the stuttering seemed to get atleast a little bit less.

So what can i do now? I am really depressed, because i am new to this game and this game makes SO much fun, but i just can'T enjoy playing it because the fps drops / stutter are driving me insane ... Please, i really hope someone can help me. :(
Edited by silvereddi on March 28, 2016 10:38PM