The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Windows 10 randomly stops registering Mouse Clicks or Gamepad input.

Aelthwyn
Aelthwyn
✭✭✭✭
Since this weekend I’ve been experiencing something really weird. After a while of playing my computer will suddenly stop registering mouse clicking, the keyboard works fine, and I can move the cursor around on the screen but I cannot click on anything, can’t attack with weapons, etc. When this happens it doesn’t just refuse to click within ESO, it’s everywhere, even in the task manager. However, I wonder if it’s connected to ESO since my husband has not experienced this issue while playing Elite Dangerous this week, while I’ve experienced it every day this week while playing ESO.

I have an xbox one gamepad to use as well but whenever the mouse stops registering clicks, all game-pad input refuses to register as well so it’s not an alternative. Mouse, gamepad, and keyboard are all wireless, and the keyboard remains working fine. Trying a usb mouse or plugging in the gamepad does not cause either to work.

Unfortunately the only thing to fix it is to shut down the computer and then start it up again, selecting restart froze it when I tried that. Tonight it’s happened twice and I’m getting pretty irritated. Again I have no idea if it actually has any relation to ESO except that each time it’s happened I’ve been playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have windows 10.
  • Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    I have started to experience this too. Is there a fix for this issue?
    Windows 10, PC
  • Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    Though in my case mouse clicking works outside ESO. I still have to restart game to make it work in game
  • Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    AND... this only happens in ESO. Tried Rift and had no issue, so im fairly certain ESO is the culprit here :smirk:
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I've reported this mouse issue in another tread, but that tread didn't had any response.
    EU PC
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Majzkatten
    Majzkatten
    ✭✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »
    I've reported this mouse issue in another tread, but that tread didn't had any response.
    EU PC

I dont get any respons on my ticket either... I have a guildie who has experience the same.As it is the game is almost unplayable as I mess up major if this happens in raids and dungeons (im a healer)

I guess we are too few so no one cares... But this happened to me after one of the last updates so it has been ok on win 10 a long time before that. Its an ESO issue, never happens elsewhere.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Majzkatten wrote: »
    Jimboo84 wrote: »
    EU PC

Ticket number created 160831-001904
    I dont get any respons on my ticket either... I have a guildie who has experience the same.As it is the game is almost unplayable as I mess up major if this happens in raids and dungeons (im a healer)

I guess we are too few so no one cares... But this happened to me after one of the last updates so it has been ok on win 10 a long time before that. Its an ESO issue, never happens elsewhere.

True, it's only ESO, other games are not impacted with the same mouse-issue.
    The mouse function blocks in my case at random, during solo or group fights, and can occur in every Zone.

@ZOS_JasonI @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK ; this is a very annoying issue. Can you guys look into this weird issue?

PC EU W10 64-bit
    Ticket number created 160831-001904
    Edited by Jimboo84 on September 1, 2016 2:45PM
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Rage_Killin
    Rage_Killin
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem but it seems like just doing a /reloadui works well.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FS and there's me thinking it was me doing it. Could it be anything related to staff heavy attacks?
    PC EU