The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Nos's "Azor Ahai" MagPlar Trial DPS Build (Summerset ready)

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Updated

no sweeps? I'm seriously disappointed :disappointed:

I tried sweeps but got more damage with FP...also with FP people will actually let me run this class, if I ask for a melee spot they will laugh me out of the raid lol...

Yeah...i know...but nice to see, someone is stil trying to play magplar. Pls let me/us know when sweeps is viable again.
    Would be a reason to atleast try eso again :)

You quit?

Yes, i've quit ~2months ago. i only read the forums to see what's changing.

Ahh...I'm pretty sure Sommerset is will bring about magical resurgence:)

Let's see, i may have a look on it on PTS :wink:
    Noobplar
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    37k Rangeplar. Not too shabby. That's not a perfected staff, is it?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    37k Rangeplar. Not too shabby. That's not a perfected staff, is it?

Nope...would probably be 40 with a perfected
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very rusty first attempt on this build with a pug. This was done without a prismatic enchant and without a perfected staff. https://youtu.be/ZmA2mNhbQdI
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on March 29, 2018 4:58AM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookmarked for future reference.

Glad to have you back.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Bookmarked for future reference.

Glad to have you back.

Thanks:) having a lot of fun with rangeplar rhis patch, but wishing some of the skills were reworked
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    great build man, loving the magplar comeback.

any idea on how 5 siroria 5 bsw 2 zaan compares? MS is just so much gold/farming lol

also, radiant destruction not worth in execute? and would solar barage out dmg purifying light in full melee fight?
    Edited by CultOfMMO on June 6, 2018 3:46PM
    vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CultOfMMO wrote: »
    great build man, loving the magplar comeback.

any idea on how 5 siroria 5 bsw 2 zaan compares? MS is just so much gold/farming lol

also, radiant destruction not worth in execute? and would solar barage out dmg purifying light in full melee fight?

Hey, BSW can compare but the uptime can suffer depending on fight....you can definitely use it. Thief for that one as well btw. Radiant is NOT worth it from my testing. Solar Barrage wouldnt outdamage PL, un less PL bugged, however it takes the place of two spammables and thus isnt worth it imho since most fights are mobile..
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda funny that Radient doesnt make the cut on a rangeplar. Good job, combat team.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda funny that Radient doesnt make the cut on a rangeplar. Good job, combat team.

Yeah...but its still very fun to play.
    https://youtu.be/excDhCuOU40
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of these days, I might have to give that a try. Other than Running VMA a few times about 2 years ago, I have almost no experience DPSing on a magplar, unless you count a hybrid DPS/Healer build for DSA.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give some different builds, Alcast have similar too.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of these days, I might have to give that a try. Other than Running VMA a few times about 2 years ago, I have almost no experience DPSing on a magplar, unless you count a hybrid DPS/Healer build for DSA.

Do it!
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont post non meta builds....
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont post non meta builds....

Non Meta Builds?

angtft.jpg?w=636
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Hey man, radiant is performing well on PTS, looking forward to tomorrow's further buffs.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey man, radiant is performing well on PTS, looking forward to tomorrow's further buffs.

Magplars need a LOT of love to compete with nbs though...:/
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Yeahhhh, I've been doing some solo parsing. Here's the top end of what I'm getting so far. I think with the buff to radiant, this can be pushed a little more ;)

image1.jpg

Maybe they'll buff burning light and blazing spear a touch. When they make frags free cast haha

Edited by Tremors on July 23, 2018 8:44AM
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeahhhh, I've been doing some solo parsing. Here's the top end of what I'm getting so far. I think with the buff to radiant, this can be pushed a little more ;)

image1.jpg

Maybe they'll buff burning light and blazing spear a touch. When they make frags free cast haha

Solid!
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Solid!

Maybe 48k+ solo with these changes ;) which is really good damage from range without minor berserk and my vuln up time is ASS so that's another huge factor.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solid!

Maybe 48k+ solo with these changes ;) which is really good damage from range without minor berserk and my vuln up time is ASS so that's another huge factor.

The most interesting partwill be finding the two breakpoints for beam. The 1 beam per rotation break point and the 2 beams.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Solid!

The most interesting partwill be finding the two breakpoints for beam. The 1 beam per rotation break point and the 2 beams.

I've honestly just been beaming only when I can and keeping up dots the best possible. Haven't really been eliminating anything except maybe the last 5% just beaming and letting the dots run out.

So in hind-site, if someone takes advantage of that more and can work out how to just beam and minimize dots. Probably higher ;)
    Edited by Tremors on July 23, 2018 10:13PM
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solid!

I've honestly just been beaming only when I can and keeping up dots the best possible. Haven't really been eliminating anything except maybe the last 5% just beaming and letting the dots run out.

So in hind-site, if someone takes advantage of that more and can work out how to just beam and minimize dots. Probably higher ;)

Lol first try 47.5k...gotta play around with *** but it looks like its gonna hit like a truck
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Solid!

I know the general rule I used was start using it at 25% with just Blazing Spear and Blockade, at 10% drop to just Blockade.

Given the changes to the enchantment procs on the back bar I doubt you'll ever want to drop Blockade until you think the boss won't survive the full blockade length.

The key is to get to 25% with maximum magicka :)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Solid!

I know the general rule I used was start using it at 25% with just Blazing Spear and Blockade, at 10% drop to just Blockade.

Given the changes to the enchantment procs on the back bar I doubt you'll ever want to drop Blockade until you think the boss won't survive the full blockade length.

After extensive testing it looks like 1 beam per rotation 30-25. 2 beams 25-12 and non stop beam 10 and below.

On dummy I got:
    1. Ele/Orbs/Worm - https://imgur.com/a/24afj6j
    2. Ele/Orbs/Worm/Combat Prayer - https://imgur.com/a/rtRToOG
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on July 24, 2018 5:58AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice, and now they just need to make sweps and/or dark flare usefull :blush:
    btw. is rly noone using solar barrage? seems like, the "buff" killed that skill :lol.
    Noobplar
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw. is rly noone using solar barrage? seems like, the "buff" killed that skill :lol.

It only does like 2.5k dps and absolutely kills sustain. I would have to give up spell sym for it...the expression "not worth it" doesn't even do it justice..
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Solid!

Yeah honestly, I'm getting 76k beam ticks solo with high magicka. As the boss starts getting close to 35% HP, ensure you've popped every bubble, synergy and spell sym'd your ass off.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

*** is pointless for a rangeplar anyway. I'd personally just drop purifying light for ritual in trash, maybe drop beam for barrage.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer