The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nos's "Azor Ahai" MagPlar Trial DPS Build (Summerset ready)

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    urgh....don't make me farm 2x bsw-swords pls :(
    I really need to find a better setup... :disappointed:

There are other options:) You can run 2 moondancer swords OR run Julianos instead of Scathing and run Juli staff and Juli sword, meaning you would only need 1 BSW sword.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There are other options:) You can run 2 moondancer swords OR run Julianos instead of Scathing and run Juli staff and Juli sword, meaning you would only need 1 BSW sword.

Ye...I'll most likely run with 5x moondancer on jewelry/weapons, but i'd still like to test your setup. Looks good in theory :)
    Noobplar
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ye...I'll most likely run with 5x moondancer on jewelry/weapons, but i'd still like to test your setup. Looks good in theory :)

Im gonna test it in trials soonish.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you say you use x2 bsw swords, do you have access to pts and have made sure the bsw buff isn't dropped when switching bars?
    I use BSW 1H + S in PvP and I can confirm that the buff remains after bar swapping, for what it's worth.
    I didn't think of running both Scathing and BSW, but that sounds like an amazing idea. I'll have to farm it all when I have time and subscription money again.

There is an even easier set you can run too as an option - Julianos. Would be a guaranteed 58% scathing. Im betting in trials i can get scathing uptime to be upwards of 70% though, which is why I was thinking scathing.
    Yeah, I'm using Julianos right now, and it's fabulous. I'll run it until I have more time to run vICP thousands of times. >.< I'll be honest, I'm totally not looking forward to that, but I'll survive.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on January 29, 2017 9:51PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you say you use x2 bsw swords, do you have access to pts and have made sure the bsw buff isn't dropped when switching bars?
    I use BSW 1H + S in PvP and I can confirm that the buff remains after bar swapping.
    I didn't think of running both Scathing and BSW, but that sounds like an amazing idea. I'll have to farm it all when I have time and subscription money again.

There is an even easier set you can run too as an option - Julianos. Would be a guaranteed 58% scathing. Im betting in trials i can get scathing uptime to be upwards of 70% though, which is why I was thinking scathing.
    Yeah, I'm using Julianos right now, and it's fabulous. I'll run it until I have more time to run vICP thousands of times. >.< I'll be honest, I'm totally not looking forward to that, but I'll survive.

I hear that:)
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The uptime on BSW and Scathing in your parse seems pretty low. Have you seen an increase in their uptime in a trial environment? It seems at the level shown in the parse they wouldn't be worth having over other sets.

Also is the additional incoming damage you receive from running guard an issue? 30% of another player's damage seems like quite a bit to take no?

I've been running 2pc Grothdar / 5pc TBS / 5pc Mother's sorrow (will try moondancer once I get a complete set) and have had good results. Unfortunately I am on console so it is hard to test anything without hard data. Have you tried a setup like this for comparison?

Really appreciate your contributions to the forum. It is nice to see these creative builds.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    The uptime on BSW and Scathing in your parse seems pretty low. Have you seen an increase in their uptime in a trial environment? It seems at the level shown in the parse they wouldn't be worth having over other sets.

Also is the additional incoming damage you receive from running guard an issue? 30% of another player's damage seems like quite a bit to take no?

I've been running 2pc Grothdar / 5pc TBS / 5pc Mother's sorrow (will try moondancer once I get a complete set) and have had good results. Unfortunately I am on console so it is hard to test anything without hard data. Have you tried a setup like this for comparison?

Really appreciate your contributions to the forum. It is nice to see these creative builds.

So im still testing, but in trials Scathing uptime has never dropped below 61%. It averages 65-70% primarily becauae most fights are partly AoE, but we may have found an even better option. Stay tuned...
  • SamAkira
    SamAkira
    ✭✭
    Hey, I'm a returning player after 2 years of absence.

I'm looking to start fresh with a new char, so am looking for info with regards to where the Chars sit for Magika builds.

If I want to DPS, is the Templar Viable, would I find end game groups etc. Would I be forced to go healing.
    How do the classes compare for Magika builds?

Sorry for asking this here, but finding info after being so long away isn't easy.

In in your peeps opinion, which class as the most fun playstyle for Mag builds?

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SamAkira wrote: »
    Hey, I'm a returning player after 2 years of absence.

I'm looking to start fresh with a new char, so am looking for info with regards to where the Chars sit for Magika builds.

If I want to DPS, is the Templar Viable, would I find end game groups etc. Would I be forced to go healing.
    How do the classes compare for Magika builds?

Sorry for asking this here, but finding info after being so long away isn't easy.

In in your peeps opinion, which class as the most fun playstyle for Mag builds?

After testing i would have to say that all magicka classes can compete, but as far as the most fun thats hard to say. I love each one in its own different way. They are all viable though.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDITS:

2 Burning Spellweave Swords (Spell Damage enchants)

yeah ok, have fun trying to get 1 sharpened let alone 2 in sharpened.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    EDITS:

2 Burning Spellweave Swords (Spell Damage enchants)

yeah ok, have fun trying to get 1 sharpened let alone 2 in sharpened.

? I have them? Actually all the twmplars in our raid (we have 3) have them...gotta hit that grind;)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Morrowind DLC
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so happy Julianos is competitive with BSW now, so I can actually use my favorite motifs!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I'm so happy Julianos is competitive with BSW now, so I can actually use my favorite motifs!

My sentiment exactly!
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for HotR DLC
  • AchimPirlo
    AchimPirlo
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, nice build, i would like to check 2x grothdar, 5x bsw, 5 war maiden, but still have to find war maiden's swords, what do you think about that? Maybe u can check it if u have all items?
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, BSW is back on MagBlade and MagPlar?

Is this because of the new Burning buff? Because the uptime of BSW proc itself still is lower than what it needed to be to be Julianos, right (without taking Burning into account)?
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on September 1, 2017 1:36PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AchimPirlo wrote: »
    Hi, nice build, i would like to check 2x grothdar, 5x bsw, 5 war maiden, but still have to find war maiden's swords, what do you think about that? Maybe u can check it if u have all items?

War maiden is a PvP only set unfortunately.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    So, BSW is back on MagBlade and MagPlar?

Is this because of the new Burning buff? Because the uptime of BSW proc itself still is lower than what it needed to be to be Julianos, right (without taking Burning into account)?

The uptime on BSW in raids needs to be around 62% to beat Julianos. On the dummy Im sitting at 58% consistantly, meaning in raida it will be higher. Also every time I tested Juli I had worse results...
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on September 1, 2017 2:14PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have precise and infused aether swords.

Would that work well for this build?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have precise and infused aether swords.

Would that work well for this build?

Hard to beat moondancer since u could change whether u need sustain or damage
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its depressing.

My build is kind of similar, but whereas you do 30k something dps, my Magplar did 12.8k in my last test.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOS has quit the game, so this post is outdated a little bit already.

Even so, rotation is like 90% or more of the DPS in this game. You can be withing 3-4k with only crafted and simple gear. "Build" will only get you so far.

If you need advice: work on the rotation really hard. All the light attacks, bar swap, timing of skills. Until you are hitting 30k, gear won't be the deciding factor.

That said, NOS was a top tier player. Don't expect to do what he does and don't get discourage if you don't.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Updated

no sweeps? I'm seriously disappointed :disappointed:
    Noobplar
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated

I tried sweeps but got more damage with FP...also with FP people will actually let me run this class, if I ask for a melee spot they will laugh me out of the raid lol...
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Updated

I tried sweeps but got more damage with FP...also with FP people will actually let me run this class, if I ask for a melee spot they will laugh me out of the raid lol...

Yeah...i know...but nice to see, someone is stil trying to play magplar. Pls let me/us know when sweeps is viable again.
    Would be a reason to atleast try eso again :)
    Noobplar
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated

Yeah...i know...but nice to see, someone is stil trying to play magplar. Pls let me/us know when sweeps is viable again.

You quit?
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Updated

You quit?

Yes, i've quit ~2months ago. i only read the forums to see what's changing.
    Noobplar
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated

You quit?

Yes, i've quit ~2months ago. i only read the forums to see what's changing.

Ahh...I'm pretty sure Sommerset is will bring about magical resurgence:)