The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Run Speed Reduced? (Edit: Confirmed Bug)

• Llyw
    Llyw
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is a classic example of how competent ZOS truly is.

Zos has broken the game so bad they can not fix bugs because there is just too many to repair.

With that thought in mind I don't think this or other similar threads should ever leave the first page. That way we can shine a light on how the Devs are truly a beacon of inspiration and hope for us all.

PS: Queue the Rabid ZOS Fanboi/Gurl Army to attack those who dare to speak truthfully and not praise ZOS for there efforts(lack of that is).
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, thanks for your patience in this thread. To give you an update, this is still an issue (as you're well aware) and something we would still like to fix, but currently isn't a high priority due to other bugs the team is working on. We understand this isn't ideal, but keep in mind this is a global issue so everyone has the same movement speed reduction - and for what it's worth, the reduction is very slight compared to what it used to be. Not trying to sweep the issue under the rug, but just tossing out some food for thought.

We'll let you know when we have an update.
    (boldface added for emphasis)

If the bolded portion is accurate, then the proper course of action is:
    1. Immediately stop releasing any new features until the backlog of bugs has been addressed, and enough old features are functioning so that there is ample time to continue addressing new and existing bugs.
    2. In the future, pay attention to feedback from the public test server, and if significant bugs are reported and no fix is in place prior to feature launch, DO NOT LAUNCH a broken feature until it has been fixed and tested.

At least, this would be the procedure for a company that has any desire to have a reputation of quality and professionalism. I would hope that these qualities are among ZOS' goals, although the track record so far would seem to indicate otherwise.

For what it is worth, I have suspended all cash purchases until ZOS gets its act together (on this and several other issues). I know that I'm only one person and I only speak for myself, but you will not see another cent of mine until you show improvement worthy of it.
  • Llyw
    Llyw
    ✭✭✭
    This should never leave the front page until it is addressed.

All bugs/exploits/lag issues(that take 2 months or more to fix) should remain on front page as reminder to ZOS that we have not forgotten them so they can be ignored. And to let others know what they are in for when playing this game, as well as ZOS's snail pace (at best) timeliness in trying to fix this game.

OK: Queue the Rabid ZOS Fanboi/Gurl Gestapo to attack those who dare to speak truthfully and not praise ZOS for there lack of effort.
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    I feel frustrated while running through Imperial City and it seems like the speed issue is getting worse. I would put in a ticket but I doubt it would get help anything. FIX IT.
  • Frondale
    Frondale
    ✭✭✭
    This is a tough one for sure, and certainly isn't something that we changed on purpose. The only thing we changed that would've affected your movement speed was reducing Major Expedition by 10%. If you don't use this buff, could you answer the following questions to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
    1. Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
    2. Are you on a mount, or running on foot?
    3. Are your weapons sheathed or unsheathed?
    4. Where are you when you notice this?

No
    All
    same thing occurring on both
    Anywhere in ESO

2 of my toons in paticular...Mag Sorc and Stam NB.

I hope this can be fixed.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah the memories
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why so necro?
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Why so necro?

Necro threads are getting out of hand. It is very annoying.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    17204-c220d7d34c0a652ba5d10780da9d2b51.jpg
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread has been closed as it is from a year ago. We ask that you do not post on old threads as it could bring up things that are no longer relevant and considered to be a necro. Please make sure you review the date a thread was posted and if it's more than three months ago please do not revive the thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.