The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Stealing Feedback in Thieves Guild DLC

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Hiya folks!

Here is some feedback on thieving in thieves guild and some possible improvements.

Pickpocketing missions: A great addition to pick pocketing. The mission options though are a little hard to plan though given the random chance to getting the 3 special items early. I'd changing it or adding options to steal from 6 medium difficulty or 3 hard difficulty people. The 3 "type" item requirement should be collected as a bonus reward. Rather than stealing from random strangers maybe you could also have more...

Stealing Side Quests: There seem to be fewer "wander around and find x" quests in the Hew's Bane than other zones. So, rather than focus these there, maybe give several guild approved side quests in each of the outlaw hideouts in each zone. Quests like like a chefs looking to get rival's secret recipe, or maybe reclaiming some family heirloom, or possibly planting some type of item in a location. Also with going into restricted areas....

Tresspassing: I like these areas, but there seems to be little reason to trespass into areas outside main quests. I know we don't want to go back and redo certain starter zones but there are plenty of chained off mines, buildings, and areas that could be developed. Even the Thieve's Guild DLC first quest area seems well developed but under utilized for just one quest. If their were quests to go in and steal similar to the heists (no time imit and less reward) it would be a better use of the space after you've completed using the areas. Speaking of heists....

Heists: I love these, but they can be so much more. As I mentioned in prior posts there is little encouragement to explore once you complete the mission, which you can at times do in under a minute. I feel there should be more to do, say finding more treasure, hidden rooms, continue the collection quest, or having items to steal that can be sold for a lower cut if you get back in time. Give something like a darkest dungeon summary at the end of a heist and we could potentially have...

Stealing leaderboards: We have leaderboards for pvp, pve group, and pve solo combat, so why not the justice system? Leaderboards can be per class for things like most successfully stolen in a week, time to complete a heist, the amount stolen in a heist, the highest average bounty while avoiding gaurds, etc. Give rewards to the top 20 or 30 people and many will flock to creating a crime spree. And to help control that crime spree you'll need...

Guards: there have been several types added with this patch that have added to the variety, including caster guards to cast spells and lantern carriers that will strip your stealth. I like the addition and hope to see more variety, like a bow user gaurd that snares and calls more guards.

Over all I like several of the changes, I just want to see a continued expansion of the justice system. It's another aspect of ESO that should be cultivated, given how unique and fun it is.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see others feedback on stealing as well! The PTS forums seems to be nothing but combat and PVP since the DLC got pushed =s
Edited by HeroOfNone on March 3, 2016 4:16PM
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A DLC about being a thief and we have more discussions on combat and PVP =/.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

I don't see anything about that in the OP.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Discussing the PTS forums in general. There seem to be few posts dealing with actual stealing.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Discussing the PTS forums in general. There seem to be few posts dealing with actual stealing.

Haven't seen that many people passionate about stealing/the new PvE content that isn't group based. This is undoubtedly partially due to many non-hardcore (non-trials/more quest based) players not even using the PTS. It is also probably a result of the fact that stealing doesn't have that huge of an impact on other gameplay elements, where combat is a central gameplay element.

I'm sure once it goes live players will be posting about how they feel about the content, similar to how Orsinium PTS forums were largely about end-game/combat elements and then a lot of people hailed it as amazing PvE content once it went live.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen that many people passionate about stealing/the new PvE content that isn't group based. This is undoubtedly partially due to many non-hardcore (non-trials/more quest based) players not even using the PTS. It is also probably a result of the fact that stealing doesn't have that huge of an impact on other gameplay elements, where combat is a central gameplay element.

I'm sure once it goes live players will be posting about how they feel about the content, similar to how Orsinium PTS forums were largely about end-game/combat elements and then a lot of people hailed it as amazing PvE content once it went live.

Which I can agree with partly, but stealing has the potential to be very important if it becomes the best way to earn money & othere rewards.

I also wish there were more group based aspects to stealing, like challenging group heists, but I figure we need to improve the mechanics of the solo heist first.