The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will fishing while riding on the back of a camel be illegal in Hamerfell?

Bananko
Bananko
✭✭✭✭
It's certainly illegal in Idaho (no joke!), but will my TESO character be able to do so to his heart's content if I purchase the Hammerfell Camel mount on March 7th? :open_mouth:

37dc33c58f49342d3d933dbec8d9f050.jpg
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see someone running on the back of one. Hope they make the city arches really high in new thieves guild area.
    My internet is invalid
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also will the camel size scale with the size of the character like the senches? Can't wait to see a bosmer camel.
    My internet is invalid
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why buy the basic camel when the special one will come out in a month or 2?
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... yes it will be, in fact the penalty for doing this is death!
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hydrocynus wrote: »
    Also will the camel size scale with the size of the character like the senches? Can't wait to see a bosmer camel.

Not only senches scale, also other mounts. I remember a friend who was a Nord (female) on her horse standing next to me on my horse (Breton, also female), her horse was bigger.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »

So it's perhaps best not to get caught there fishing while sitting on the back of a camel? :(
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Taemethius
    Taemethius
    ✭✭✭
    The only way it is allowed is if your doing a one handed handstand on the camel.
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taemethius wrote: »
    The only way it is allowed is if your doing a one handed handstand on the camel.

Which would still allow my character to hold the fishing pole with his other hand. :)
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yogi, what is this special one you speak of?
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WalkingLegacy The white one from the crown store leak
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is less concerned about the legality of this, and indeed any, situation as she is concerned that the camel may scare away the delicious fishies.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »

So it's perhaps best not to get caught there fishing while sitting on the back of a camel? :(

Just make sure the camel bites the head of the witness clean off...

(if any of you have watched some fail videos, there is one of a camel picking a guy up by the head and literally tossing him aside )

EDIT:

There is a black one too & I want that 1 ! Hammerfell & Black camels look the best <3

I would also like a Bactrian camel if they ever make one...
    Edited by Duiwel on March 2, 2016 9:49AM
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah darn just recolors
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get your Undead Striped Lightening Camel for a limited time only, and for the low-low price of only 100,000 Crowns!
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The basic camel and maaaaaaybe the black camel fill all the aesthetic niches I need, white one probably won't be necessary. White lion, though? Oh absolutely.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't tell the ZOS police...

X4hRdxC.png
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why buy a 'special' camel when the regular one looks like a normal camel?
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I guarantee they'll make a black one too, considering there are black npc camels in the game.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guarantee they'll make a black one too, considering there are black npc camels in the game.

It was also leaked. *digs through forum* Here you go. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Tuwacca says man should not fish from the back of a camel. Morwah agrees, stipulating that anyone who does this should receive a severe chastisement. Tall Papa declares that death shall be the penalty for fishing from the back of a camel. And so it is even unto this day.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's much more disturbing that if you walk up behind a camel (not a player's mount, but ones out in the wild) your entire head goes straight into their butt and then stops right about there.

The dorsal internal collision of the camel model is just not ok.
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    Don't tell the ZOS police...

X4hRdxC.png

It should be okay just as long as that pic wasn't taken in Idaho. ;)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's certainly illegal in Idaho (no joke!), but will my TESO character be able to do so to his heart's content if I purchase the Hammerfell Camel mount on March 7th? :open_mouth:

i used to live in Salmon,Idaho,..and no camels there.XD
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »

Get your Undead Striped Lightening Camel for a limited time only, and for the low-low price of only 100,000 Crowns!

As long as you can still make the camel spit on people, it's all good.

• Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

Meaning that people there are obeying the law. :)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hehehe.But no.There arent any Camel laws there. Went to school there for a bit,and nope.No hint of camel laws.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yep
    i laugh at people buying these camels
    at least my black camel will look cool while.. spitting..
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭

Hehehe.But no.There arent any Camel laws there. Went to school there for a bit,and nope.No hint of camel laws.

If not in Idaho, then where? :o
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only it was like aoc where you could use your horse to kick people off cliffs.