The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question re: grouping and dungeoning - In other words, about my allergy to PUGs

Elf_Boy
Elf_Boy
✭✭✭
I am playing more after a longish break. Enough so I may reactivate my sub.

In COH/COV the grouping tool and random grouping was friendly and just plain worked. A pug could stay together running stuff for hours.

In WOW (and everything else I have played) pugs have caused me to break out in hives (no - not literally - just an expression.) No doubt due to age differences and well, who knows.

I have not tried Puging here - when I played before the tool wasn't much good (or didn't exist - I forget)

How are groups now? Both for regular - nothing special - dungeon runs, for elite (I forget what the verbiage for normal and 'hard' are in ESO) as well as more end game stuff.

I know that the world is not perfect (and will never be). I know this one will always encounter special persons. I know life is random.

My questions comes down to, out of 100, how many groups will activate my allergy (or a normal, average, no-drama person's allergy)? Is this the same for Normal, hard, etc across the board?

Does the PUG tool allow for comments yet? Or is it just click one, tank dps, healz?

Thank you to any and all who may respond.
** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno most people seem to have pretty bad experiences using the grouping tool but it's been quite the opposite for me. Only complaint is the long q (sometimes)
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've used the grouping tool about a half dozen times recently for the silver pledge - each time a successful run! I want to start trying gold pledges but don't want to let others down.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both.

Anyone else have any info or experience to relate?
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use the LFG tool a lot for both silver and gold undaunted pledges. I almost always get competent groups that can finish the dungeon. Sometimes you will get inexperienced people but two minutes explaining the main mechanics of a fight and most PUG members will do just fine. Sometimes I will get great groups that burn through a dungeon with no deaths really quickly. Very rarely will there be a group member that acts like an ***-hat, tells everyone they suck and rage-quits halfway through a dungeon.

In my experience PUGs are fully competent running any of the dungeons besides vCoA, vWGT and vICP. I've had good vCoA PUGs but they are pretty rare. I've never gotten through vWGT with a PUG but I'm sure some have. I've never even tried to PUG vICP honestly, doesn't sound like fun.

So overall, my estimation would be:
    • 10 / 100 - Excellent PUG, no deaths, speed runs, etc.
    • 50 / 100 - Competent PUG, a few deaths, maybe one or two wipes but no big issues
    • 45 / 100 - Inexperienced PUG, nice folks that just don't know what they're doing (might screw up the gold key for example)
    • 5 / 100 - Garbage PUG (or at least one real piece of work as a member that ruins the entire group)

Note that these experiences are on the PC/NA server playing around the time the pledge resets, YMMV on other servers at different times.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome and thank you!