Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I was forced to re-name my character

Rexx18
Rexx18
Soul Shriven
Quite a while back, I used to have an Argonian character named A Gay Lizzy. One day, Zenimax sent me a mail saying that I must re-name it, so I have. Recently, I've been temporarily suspended for an inappropriate character name and in response to them, I asked a side-question of why this previous char had to be re-named.

2.2 You may not create any name, text or chat that negatively references a 'Protected Category' under Federal or Maryland State law. These include any name, text or chat which references or includes Age, Race, Disability, Sexual Orientation, National Origin, Pregnancy or Gender. You may not create an account name that is defamatory, impersonates or attempts to defame the reputation of another account holder, an employee of ZeniMax, property of ZeniMax, or ZeniMax and/or its affiliates.

This is section 2.2 of the Code of Conduct, however, it explicitly states "negatively references." The name I used was not in referencing it negatively in the slightest, it was just a neutral name. Did Zeni have the right to make me re-name the character or would it be possible to appeal to them to allow the name?
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax is doin alot of stupid *** right now. Sorry to hear bout that bud.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The short answer is that ZoS can force you to rename any character for any reason or no reason at all. What you quote are the rules but the one rule that is above all is that ZoS reserves the right to take any action they wish, regardless of the terms of service. I'm pretty sure that rule is in there somewhere. It's their game and their decision. You can question it, but don't expect a response. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with that name, but I'm positive it would have offended someone at some point and probably led to it being reported.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @Rexx18 !

As discussion of in-game disciplinary action like this is against forum rules, we're going to close this thread. If you have any questions regarding a decision or action made to your in-game account, you can always send an email in to customer service for an appeal to begin.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.