The Scalebreaker DLC game pack and Update 23 base-game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we have a look at Nightblade passives?

  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives. It doesn't matter if some of the NB passives are better than some of the passives in other classes; it's really not relevant to this discussion.

    The purpose of this thread was to have a reasonable and mature discussion about passives that are less than desirable or less useful for NBs in all forms of content. Most of you are just here complaining about other classes or comparing *** sizes. There are threads for every class, so you can go talk about the other classes in those threads, just like the rest of us.

    If you can't stay on topic and provide constructive and respectful feedback, whether or not you agree, then don't bother posting. It's like you all think that simply discussing a passive (which btw has been largely ignored for months) means the end of the world. News flash: there is a very strong likelihood that ZOS will outright ignore most of what's on this thread. So if you don't have something relevant to say, then don't. Some of us want to brainstorm and theorycraft without people whining about crap we can't do anything about.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 25, 2016 7:00PM
  • UnyieldingFlame
    UnyieldingFlame
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this forum poster name Strider_Roshin is just wanting Nightblades to be the only viable class in ESO. I would just ignore him and continue on with feedback that doesn't revolve being so bias towards one class.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this forum poster name Strider_Roshin is just wanting Nightblades to be the only viable class in ESO. I would just ignore him and continue on with feedback that doesn't revolve being so bias towards one class.

    Must be why I have suggested a means of expedition for Templars and a physical damage morph of Radial Sweep in the past. But let's just ignore that.
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly this forum poster name Strider_Roshin is just wanting Nightblades to be the only viable class in ESO. I would just ignore him and continue on with feedback that doesn't revolve being so bias towards one class.

    What evidence do you have that led you to this conclusion? Last I checked the OP disclaimed that the ideas were purely speculation, and even asked for constructive criticism and additional ideas. Or do you simply just hate NBs? You realize that we're just playing a class that ZOS created, right? Surely you realize we aren't the ones responsible for balance (or lack thereof) and that simply discussing a widely underused passive is in no way indicative of someone's intent to single-handedly give NBs an inherent advantage over other classes.

    It's quite baffling that any class in this game aside from NBs can have legitimate discussions about any aspect of the class, but the second anything pertaining to a NB is discussed, everyone loses their minds. What's even more baffling is how many of you fail to realize that a great deal of NBs play other classes too, and for some of them, NB isn't even their main. A great deal of NBs are right behind so many other players when it comes to making other classes better, so let's be adults and quit taking our frustrations with our class out on other players, mmkay?
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives.

    You're not gonna win this one @Autolycus and @Strider_Roshin . The majority of the players believe the nightblades passives are one of the strongest, if not THE strongest in the game. One or two passives seeming lackluster (in reality, they are not) does not necessitate taking a look at them. Nightblade passives are fine. If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it. Nightblade passives are sufficient, it's a waste of time and energy to debate about them when we have so many other more important issues to talk about.
    Edited by Husan on February 25, 2016 7:14PM
    [PC][EU][EP][Wabbajack]
    Eir Light-Bringer, nord templar
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    it's a waste of time and energy to debate about them when we have so many other more important issues to talk about.
    So why are you wasting your time and energy posting in this thread?
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    @code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD/Tank – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – Tank – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

    @code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

    The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Tick-Tock Tormentor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light  •  Blackrose Executioner  •  Extinguisher of Flames

    Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter

    Guides: Sunspire Mechanics
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives.

    You're not gonna win this one @Autolycus and @Strider_Roshin . The majority of the players believe the nightblades passives are one of the strongest, if not THE strongest in the game. One or two passives seeming lackluster (in reality, they are not) does not necessitate taking a look at them. Nightblade passives are fine. If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it. Nightblade passives are sufficient, it's a waste of time and energy to debate about them when we have so many other more important issues to talk about.

    Oh, I didn't realize you had any say over which topics I find interesting. If you don't care to discuss this topic, then don't. I will gladly have the conversation with just the OP, if we are the only ones interested. Typing out a few paragraphs to share some insight is not connected to the amount of time/money ZOS is going to spend on this class or others.

    And what is it we are trying to "win" exactly? If by winning, you mean successfully having a conversation about a topic we both find interesting, then all we need to accomplish that is for people to stop derailing the thread with irrelevant bias. Or did you think we were counting on this thread alone to change a passive that we already know is not a top priority?

    You seem to think that simply because someone plays a NB that he/she is your sworn enemy. You completely ignore the fact that most of us (as far as I know, based on how many NBs I've come to know over the past 2 years) have Templars, DKs, and Sorcs too. We are well aware of the many issues in those classes, and most of us have spoken up about them in your favor.

    You don't see me going into threads about other classes and saying stupid things like "Oh your idea for adding a stam morph to this skill is horrible, because magelight keeps me from casting cloak." It's illogical and irrelevant. Oh, but maybe that was a bad example, because I actually support the changes to cloak and magelight.

    Nonetheless, you have done that in this very thread. You helped to derail this discussion by saying we are wrong to speculate on NB passives because you, as a templar, have passives that don't benefit you. That is completely irrelevant, as nobody here is suggesting NB passives are a priority over others.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 25, 2016 7:29PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is truly lolworthy. NB is the strongest and most well-rounded class in the game right now. And those passives you're targeting are awesome.

    I mean really, take a look at DK's Elder Dragon passive.
    Edited by Kilandros on February 25, 2016 10:25PM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

    DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives. It doesn't matter if some of the NB passives are better than some of the passives in other classes; it's really not relevant to this discussion.

    The issue is he didn't present this as "theorycrafting" or "brainstorming" fun ideas. He strait up said in his original post that the 2 passives in question need to be looked at. He implied now, as if they are weak or broken. Several people came in, including NB's, and said naw those passives are already good and giving NB's even BETTER passives on top of their already amazing passives would be unfair and broken being that half the classes in the game have *** passives in need of review first.

    I'm not against your changes, I just think NB changes should be at the end of the line since NB is already really amazing.

    Edit:
    "So there's two passives that I believe deserve our attention. One is directly related to my opening statement, the other I feel just needs to be made more useful."

    On top on your +8% magic passive Strider is strait up asking for +8% stamina too. Those are almost close to race passives in strength, that's pretty unfair. No offense meant, it's just your asking for buffs to an already incredibly strong class.
    Edited by AfkNinja on February 25, 2016 11:07PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives. It doesn't matter if some of the NB passives are better than some of the passives in other classes; it's really not relevant to this discussion.

    The issue is he didn't present this as "theorycrafting" or "brainstorming" fun ideas. He strait up said in his original post that the 2 passives in question need to be looked at. He implied now, as if they are weak or broken. Several people came in, including NB's, and said naw those passives are already good and giving NB's even BETTER passives on top of their already amazing passives would be unfair and broken being that half the classes in the game have *** passives in need of review first.

    I'm not against your changes, I just think NB changes should be at the end of the line since NB is already really amazing.

    Edit:
    "So there's two passives that I believe deserve our attention. One is directly related to my opening statement, the other I feel just needs to be made more useful."

    On top on your +8% magic passive Strider is strait up asking for +8% stamina too. Those are almost close to race passives in strength, that's pretty unfair. No offense meant, it's just your asking for buffs to an already incredibly strong class.

    No offense taken, what I mentioned were just ideas that I came up with; it's not like I'm a developer and my suggestions are going to be implemented. However, would it be fair to say that if adding a passive that'll increase your stamina by 8% is overpowered then magic flood is an overpowered passive?

    I would also like to reiterate that just because another class is lacking on passives; doesn't mean we can't discuss how we could possibly change a couple of passives for the Nightblade. If there are some passives for another class that you feel are lackluster then create a forum on it. Don't gripe about it in here.
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    According to me Executioner is fine, also playing as stamina dd.
    As a magicka nb, Destruction Expert is preferable since it grants more magicka but there is no finisher amongst Destruction Staff skills, so it seems balanced.
    The problem as stamina dd is that Killer's Blade deals magic damage and the healing from it sometimes is bugged; it would be better to give up on the healing and have the same range of Impale and obviously have damage changed into physical.

    About Master Assassin, I agree that it's really limited, especially thinking to PvE but also with the new anti stealth/invisibility mechanics in PvP in this PTS.
    It could be changed because of this, like also Stealthy (Bosmer and Khajiit) could be.

    All the other passives are strong.
    Just Catalyst could be changed or receive some tweaks.
    Edited by Helluin on February 26, 2016 1:06AM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBs already have most useful passives in the game.
    Dks have health regen on one of theirs)
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives.

    You're not gonna win this one @Autolycus and @Strider_Roshin . The majority of the players believe the nightblades passives are one of the strongest, if not THE strongest in the game. One or two passives seeming lackluster (in reality, they are not) does not necessitate taking a look at them. Nightblade passives are fine. If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it. Nightblade passives are sufficient, it's a waste of time and energy to debate about them when we have so many other more important issues to talk about.

    The WHOLE point of this thread was to retool TWO passives to help out the STAMINA BLADE, a sub-section of the NB class that DOES indeed need help. The Stamblade got some huge big fat nasty nerfs this patch (like STs area being cut in half). They also have a problem with resource management because we are using the same pool to do nearly everything.

    I have to also ask, why is it ok for Sorc to report magicka resources in the 40-50k range but Stamblades only have about 30-35k?
    Kilandros wrote: »
    This thread is truly lolworthy. NB is the strongest and most well-rounded class in the game right now. And those passives you're targeting are awesome.

    I mean really, take a look at DK's Elder Dragon passive.

    Please, it's no worst that the NB passive Soul Siphoner. Both are pretty wtf abilities.
    Autolycus wrote: »
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives. It doesn't matter if some of the NB passives are better than some of the passives in other classes; it's really not relevant to this discussion.

    Wait, what about me?! :neutral: ...../erects the spine of hostility
    Autolycus wrote: »
    @PlagueMonk I agree with a great deal of what you've said. I would add only to this part:
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Executioner is good for a mageblade but near worthless to a stamblade. I wouldn't want to remove the magicka component since mageblades like this ability but i would like to tweak it have a stamina component added to it.
    As a magblade I find this passive to be completely useless outside of PvP, and in PvP (where most people run recoveries) it's really unnecessary imho. I'd sooner see the whole passive reworked to something that benefits both magblades and stamblades, preferably something usable in all forms of content.

    Have to admit I'm a bit surprised you don't find this passive even marginally useful. It even helps me out a bit and keeps my measly 13k magicka tank topped off when I dip into it for the recasting of Relentless Focus. :)

    If you don't like it though I would be more than willing to kick it to the curb but that's just my opinion.
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    If you are going to list all sorc passives to prove they are stronger you should list all NB passives for an honest comparison. NB have among the best passives in the game (for both magicka and stamina), for this reason most people are going to say no to your requests until the other classes passives get looked over first, especially templar/stam templar/Stam Sorc etc.

    Killing an enemy with an Assassination ability restores 1428 Magicka over 6 seconds.
    Increases Max Magicka by 8% while a Siphoning ability is slotted.
    Increases the effectiveness of your healing done by 3% for each Siphoning ability slotted.
    Activating a Siphoning ability grants 2 additional Ultimate. This effect has a 4 second cooldown.
    After drinking a potion you gain 12 Ultimate.
    Activating a Shadow ability gives you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Armor by 5120 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased by 1 second for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. (Auto Armor, lol)
    Increases Max Health by 3% for each Shadow ability slotted.
    Increases Stamina, Health and Magicka Regeneration by 15%.
    With an Assassination ability slotted:
    Increases Critical Strike rating by 2519 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    Increases bonus Critical Strike damage by 10%.
    A successful critical hit gives nearby allies Minor Savagery, increasing Weapon Critical Strike rating by 629 for 20 seconds.
    While using Assassination abilities:
    Increases Weapon and Spell Damage while invisible or stealth by 10%.
    Successful stealth attacks stun for 100% longer.

    Some of these passives I would love on any class....

    Well lets just have a more in depth look at all these supposedly uber passives shall we?

    - Killing an enemy with an Assassination ability restores 1428 Magicka over 6 seconds (only good for magicka users and even they apparently find it a weak return. Nearly worthless to a Stamblade)

    - Increases Max Magicka by 8% while a Siphoning ability is slotted. (as above, decent for magicka users that are trash clearing, near worthless for stamblades)

    -Increases the effectiveness of your healing done by 3% for each Siphoning ability slotted. (This is useful to a staff user or sapper. Does absolutely nothing for the DPS NB.)

    - Activating a Siphoning ability grants 2 additional Ultimate. This effect has a 4 second cooldown. (decent for oh yes, MAGICKA users again, useless for Stamblades unless they run [and use] power extraction but there are many better skills out there to slot)

    After drinking a potion you gain 12 Ultimate. (Lame ability. So I get 12 Ulit once every 45 secs (or even 30 secs). Can you not see just how trivial that is? Its a cute little bonus but nothing you can count on)

    Activating a Shadow ability gives you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Armor by 5120 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased by 1 second for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. (A good buff but ONLY for 2 secs.....T W O. Plus you remember that little ability called magelight that is going to make cloak worthless? So I will only get this if i spam Surprise Attack. So it's a good but extremely short buff)

    Increases Max Health by 3% for each Shadow ability slotted.
    (not going to turn my nose up at health but I would rather have stamina)

    Increases Stamina, Health and Magicka Regeneration by 15%.
    (YES a great ability but no more than other classes have)

    With an Assassination ability slotted:
    - Increases Critical Strike rating by 2519 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    - Increases bonus Critical Strike damage by 10%.


    Ah yes lots of crit. Want to know the problems with running high crit?

    - Shields that negate it.
    - Mobs/bosses that have a high crit resist
    - Players that run with a high crit resist in PvP
    - An entire armor trait devoted to marginalizing this ability.

    I run a stam crit spec since it would "seem" to be the way to go but even I know better. My 70% crit is easily cut in half or more because of the above list.

    Straight damage with armor penetration > crit.

    A successful critical hit gives nearby allies Minor Savagery, increasing Weapon Critical Strike rating by 629 for 20 seconds. While using Assassination abilities:
    - Increases Weapon and Spell Damage while invisible or stealth by 10%.
    - Successful stealth attacks stun for 100% longer.


    I believe we covered this above:
    - The damage in stealth is a once trick pony. Once you hit with your initial attack this bonus is done with. You can't restealth during fights against anything but trash mobs (the one mob type you don't need it) because most lieutenant mobs or above totally ignore it.
    - In PvP again, the initial attack because most players have no problem (at least in my experience) pulling and keeping you out of stealth (which will become a joke with magelight)

    - As for longer stuns........in PvP this gives me a 2 sec hard CC. Sounds good but then the players get a guaranteed 5 sec immunity to it. I would MUCH prefer a soft CC like talons that you can keep irritatingly applying over and over........and over.
    - Stuns have ZERO EFFECT on anything but trash mobs in PvE. Any lieutenant mob or better is totally IMMUNE to them. Woohoo? We used to be able to stun lesser boss mobs but Zenimax put an end to that practice LONG ago.


    So you can see that while they might look good on paper, it practice, they are not all people think they are. Do NB have some good passives? Well of course we do but I have shown many are highly situational and are still weighted heavily to magicka players atm.

    I then jump over and read say the Sorc passives and virtually ALL of them are helpful to the magicka side. Not all that great for the StamSorc but I didn't say they didn't have issues.



    Edited by PlagueMonk on February 26, 2016 1:55AM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you compare gold to diamonds, it's still gold.
    - That is what NB passives are atm, you have many excellent passives and a few decent ones. Compared to the excellent passives the decent ones might not seem so good...

    For Templars we currently posses a few silver, many bronze and many dung piles.
    - A few decent passives and many passives that are either broken or usless.

    This is why threads like these agitate people; because you're asking ZOS to devote time improving something that is already really good, compared to what others have. This comes across as hypocritical and that is why you're getting negative responses.

    You're entitled to make all the threads you want and ask for all kind of silly buffs to certain aspects of a class that is already performing really well, but you can't honestly tell any of us you are surprised by getting told you should settle with what you have, because it is a really good package?

    ZOS at this given time devoting time to buffing NB passives instead of focusing on for example the Templar class would cause an outroar that noone is interested in. It would simply be unfair.

    Yes I am biased, but I am just trying to paint a picture of the truth in the current situation, I hope you can aknowledge it.
    Zin A'roth | Orc | Stamplar | Ebontard Packed | Bleaker's Role Player | 27335/30645 Achievements | 3632/3653 Lorebooks | Original Hodor January 2015 | YouTube | Twitch | EU
    Father to a new born son, slave to a master's degree thesis. And I will have my sleep, in this life or the next...
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Even if you compare gold to diamonds, it's still gold.
    - That is what NB passives are atm, you have many excellent passives and a few decent ones. Compared to the excellent passives the decent ones might not seem so good...

    For Templars we currently posses a few silver, many bronze and many dung piles.
    - A few decent passives and many passives that are either broken or usless.

    This is why threads like these agitate people; because you're asking ZOS to devote time improving something that is already really good, compared to what others have. This comes across as hypocritical and that is why you're getting negative responses.

    You're entitled to make all the threads you want and ask for all kind of silly buffs to certain aspects of a class that is already performing really well, but you can't honestly tell any of us you are surprised by getting told you should settle with what you have, because it is a really good package?

    ZOS at this given time devoting time to buffing NB passives instead of focusing on for example the Templar class would cause an outroar that noone is interested in. It would simply be unfair.

    Yes I am biased, but I am just trying to paint a picture of the truth in the current situation, I hope you can aknowledge it.

    I really wish people would actually TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE OPs POST instead of being all reactionary to the thread title.

    This is not a thread about boosting all NB passives. It's about changing 2 passives that would help the STAMBLADE (a big part of the NB community that does indeed need some help). THAT IS IT.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Husan wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives.

    You're not gonna win this one @Autolycus and @Strider_Roshin . The majority of the players believe the nightblades passives are one of the strongest, if not THE strongest in the game. One or two passives seeming lackluster (in reality, they are not) does not necessitate taking a look at them. Nightblade passives are fine. If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it. Nightblade passives are sufficient, it's a waste of time and energy to debate about them when we have so many other more important issues to talk about.

    The WHOLE point of this thread was to retool TWO passives to help out the STAMINA BLADE, a sub-section of the NB class that DOES indeed need help. The Stamblade got some huge big fat nasty nerfs this patch (like STs area being cut in half). They also have a problem with resource management because we are using the same pool to do nearly everything.

    I have to also ask, why is it ok for Sorc to report magicka resources in the 40-50k range but Stamblades only have about 30-35k?
    Kilandros wrote: »
    This thread is truly lolworthy. NB is the strongest and most well-rounded class in the game right now. And those passives you're targeting are awesome.

    I mean really, take a look at DK's Elder Dragon passive.

    Please, it's no worst that the NB passive Soul Siphoner. Both are pretty wtf abilities.
    Autolycus wrote: »
    How is it that nobody but me and the OP on this thread, and arguably Gilliam, realizes that there is nothing wrong with brainstorming alternatives. It doesn't matter if some of the NB passives are better than some of the passives in other classes; it's really not relevant to this discussion.

    Wait, what about me?! :neutral: ...../erects the spine of hostility
    Autolycus wrote: »
    @PlagueMonk I agree with a great deal of what you've said. I would add only to this part:
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Executioner is good for a mageblade but near worthless to a stamblade. I wouldn't want to remove the magicka component since mageblades like this ability but i would like to tweak it have a stamina component added to it.
    As a magblade I find this passive to be completely useless outside of PvP, and in PvP (where most people run recoveries) it's really unnecessary imho. I'd sooner see the whole passive reworked to something that benefits both magblades and stamblades, preferably something usable in all forms of content.

    Have to admit I'm a bit surprised you don't find this passive even marginally useful. It even helps me out a bit and keeps my measly 13k magicka tank topped off when I dip into it for the recasting of Relentless Focus. :)

    If you don't like it though I would be more than willing to kick it to the curb but that's just my opinion.
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    If you are going to list all sorc passives to prove they are stronger you should list all NB passives for an honest comparison. NB have among the best passives in the game (for both magicka and stamina), for this reason most people are going to say no to your requests until the other classes passives get looked over first, especially templar/stam templar/Stam Sorc etc.

    Killing an enemy with an Assassination ability restores 1428 Magicka over 6 seconds.
    Increases Max Magicka by 8% while a Siphoning ability is slotted.
    Increases the effectiveness of your healing done by 3% for each Siphoning ability slotted.
    Activating a Siphoning ability grants 2 additional Ultimate. This effect has a 4 second cooldown.
    After drinking a potion you gain 12 Ultimate.
    Activating a Shadow ability gives you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Armor by 5120 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased by 1 second for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. (Auto Armor, lol)
    Increases Max Health by 3% for each Shadow ability slotted.
    Increases Stamina, Health and Magicka Regeneration by 15%.
    With an Assassination ability slotted:
    Increases Critical Strike rating by 2519 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    Increases bonus Critical Strike damage by 10%.
    A successful critical hit gives nearby allies Minor Savagery, increasing Weapon Critical Strike rating by 629 for 20 seconds.
    While using Assassination abilities:
    Increases Weapon and Spell Damage while invisible or stealth by 10%.
    Successful stealth attacks stun for 100% longer.

    Some of these passives I would love on any class....

    Well lets just have a more in depth look at all these supposedly uber passives shall we?

    - Killing an enemy with an Assassination ability restores 1428 Magicka over 6 seconds (only good for magicka users and even they apparently find it a weak return. Nearly worthless to a Stamblade)

    - Increases Max Magicka by 8% while a Siphoning ability is slotted. (as above, decent for magicka users that are trash clearing, near worthless for stamblades)

    -Increases the effectiveness of your healing done by 3% for each Siphoning ability slotted. (This is useful to a staff user or sapper. Does absolutely nothing for the DPS NB.)

    - Activating a Siphoning ability grants 2 additional Ultimate. This effect has a 4 second cooldown. (decent for oh yes, MAGICKA users again, useless for Stamblades unless they run [and use] power extraction but there are many better skills out there to slot)

    After drinking a potion you gain 12 Ultimate. (Lame ability. So I get 12 Ulit once every 45 secs (or even 30 secs). Can you not see just how trivial that is? Its a cute little bonus but nothing you can count on)

    Activating a Shadow ability gives you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Armor by 5120 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased by 1 second for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. (A good buff but ONLY for 2 secs.....T W O. Plus you remember that little ability called magelight that is going to make cloak worthless? So I will only get this if i spam Surprise Attack. So it's a good but extremely short buff)

    Increases Max Health by 3% for each Shadow ability slotted.
    (not going to turn my nose up at health but I would rather have stamina)

    Increases Stamina, Health and Magicka Regeneration by 15%.
    (YES a great ability but no more than other classes have)

    With an Assassination ability slotted:
    - Increases Critical Strike rating by 2519 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    - Increases bonus Critical Strike damage by 10%.


    Ah yes lots of crit. Want to know the problems with running high crit?

    - Shields that negate it.
    - Mobs/bosses that have a high crit resist
    - Players that run with a high crit resist in PvP
    - An entire armor trait devoted to marginalizing this ability.

    I run a stam crit spec since it would "seem" to be the way to go but even I know better. My 70% crit is easily cut in half or more because of the above list.

    Straight damage with armor penetration > crit.

    A successful critical hit gives nearby allies Minor Savagery, increasing Weapon Critical Strike rating by 629 for 20 seconds. While using Assassination abilities:
    - Increases Weapon and Spell Damage while invisible or stealth by 10%.
    - Successful stealth attacks stun for 100% longer.


    I believe we covered this above:
    - The damage in stealth is a once trick pony. Once you hit with your initial attack this bonus is done with. You can't restealth during fights against anything but trash mobs (the one mob type you don't need it) because most lieutenant mobs or above totally ignore it.
    - In PvP again, the initial attack because most players have no problem (at least in my experience) pulling and keeping you out of stealth (which will become a joke with magelight)

    - As for longer stuns........in PvP this gives me a 2 sec hard CC. Sounds good but then the players get a guaranteed 5 sec immunity to it. I would MUCH prefer a soft CC like talons that you can keep irritatingly applying over and over........and over.
    - Stuns have ZERO EFFECT on anything but trash mobs in PvE. Any lieutenant mob or better is totally IMMUNE to them. Woohoo? We used to be able to stun lesser boss mobs but Zenimax put an end to that practice LONG ago.


    So you can see that while they might look good on paper, it practice, they are not all people think they are. Do NB have some good passives? Well of course we do but I have shown many are highly situational and are still weighted heavily to magicka players atm.

    I then jump over and read say the Sorc passives and virtually ALL of them are helpful to the magicka side. Not all that great for the StamSorc but I didn't say they didn't have issues.



    Could you be less bias please?

    No other class has a flat 15% regen to everything

    Max magicka is still very useful to stam nb's for cloaking.

    Crit chance + crit dmg is a very strong combo, your getting a nice boost to dps just with those passives. Nothing is wrong with it at all. They are still very strong passives.

    You get basically free armour, a nb is always using either cloak or Sa/Concealed. So it's usually up near 100% of the time, other classes need to use a skill slot and keep a skill up in order to get this boost. Nb's get it by using a rotation they always use they don't need to get out of their way for it.

    Next patch you'll get 20 ult a pot, thats 40% of your soul harvest cost. Free ult gain.

    Stam users still use siphoning ability's... siphon attack, tether? They still count.

    Nb's are by far in a better position with passive than other classes.
    PS4 EU DC

    Current CP : 756+

    I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.


    RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Even if you compare gold to diamonds, it's still gold.
    - That is what NB passives are atm, you have many excellent passives and a few decent ones. Compared to the excellent passives the decent ones might not seem so good...

    For Templars we currently posses a few silver, many bronze and many dung piles.
    - A few decent passives and many passives that are either broken or usless.

    This is why threads like these agitate people; because you're asking ZOS to devote time improving something that is already really good, compared to what others have. This comes across as hypocritical and that is why you're getting negative responses.

    You're entitled to make all the threads you want and ask for all kind of silly buffs to certain aspects of a class that is already performing really well, but you can't honestly tell any of us you are surprised by getting told you should settle with what you have, because it is a really good package?

    ZOS at this given time devoting time to buffing NB passives instead of focusing on for example the Templar class would cause an outroar that noone is interested in. It would simply be unfair.

    Yes I am biased, but I am just trying to paint a picture of the truth in the current situation, I hope you can aknowledge it.

    I really wish people would actually TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE OPs POST instead of being all reactionary to the thread title.

    This is not a thread about boosting all NB passives. It's about changing 2 passives that would help the STAMBLADE (a big part of the NB community that does indeed need some help). THAT IS IT.

    Whoa is the stamblades plight. Listen now good people and pay heed to the most outcast and degraded build of them all.... the lowly stamblade. Weep for them. WEEP.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Even if you compare gold to diamonds, it's still gold.
    - That is what NB passives are atm, you have many excellent passives and a few decent ones. Compared to the excellent passives the decent ones might not seem so good...

    For Templars we currently posses a few silver, many bronze and many dung piles.
    - A few decent passives and many passives that are either broken or usless.

    This is why threads like these agitate people; because you're asking ZOS to devote time improving something that is already really good, compared to what others have. This comes across as hypocritical and that is why you're getting negative responses.

    You're entitled to make all the threads you want and ask for all kind of silly buffs to certain aspects of a class that is already performing really well, but you can't honestly tell any of us you are surprised by getting told you should settle with what you have, because it is a really good package?

    ZOS at this given time devoting time to buffing NB passives instead of focusing on for example the Templar class would cause an outroar that noone is interested in. It would simply be unfair.

    Yes I am biased, but I am just trying to paint a picture of the truth in the current situation, I hope you can aknowledge it.

    I really wish people would actually TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE OPs POST instead of being all reactionary to the thread title.

    This is not a thread about boosting all NB passives. It's about changing 2 passives that would help the STAMBLADE (a big part of the NB community that does indeed need some help). THAT IS IT.

    Not sure why stamblades need help?

    The only way to actually improve them it to just turn god mode on for them, it's the next logical step. Their already demi-godmode as it is.
    PS4 EU DC

    Current CP : 756+

    I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.


    RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I really wish people would actually TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE OPs POST instead of being all reactionary to the thread title.

    This is not a thread about boosting all NB passives. It's about changing 2 passives that would help the STAMBLADE (a big part of the NB community that does indeed need some help). THAT IS IT.

    Stamblades are completely fine where they are. They are among the top four build for PvP atm along with Magblade, StamDK and MagSorc.
    Stamplars and Stamsorcs are the stamina builds suffering this patch... still.
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 26, 2016 8:38AM
    Zin A'roth | Orc | Stamplar | Ebontard Packed | Bleaker's Role Player | 27335/30645 Achievements | 3632/3653 Lorebooks | Original Hodor January 2015 | YouTube | Twitch | EU
    Father to a new born son, slave to a master's degree thesis. And I will have my sleep, in this life or the next...
  • Saynna
    Saynna
    ✭✭
    No offense taken, what I mentioned were just ideas that I came up with; it's not like I'm a developer and my suggestions are going to be implemented. However, would it be fair to say that if adding a passive that'll increase your stamina by 8% is overpowered then magic flood is an overpowered passive?

    Imho a class should not have 15% boost to all regen and then have a 8% increase to stam/magicka. I'd much rather have Magic Flood renamed to something like "Flood Essence" and give 5% increase to both stam and magicka if you wanted it viable for both stam and magic builds. Yes 5, not 4. That would be much more balanced than replacing a "useless" skill to something both would use because even stamina nightblades make use of magic flood and the same would happen with magicka NBs if there was a different passive to increase max stam. It's free resources that cost 2 skill points, which are easy to get.

    As far as Master Assasin goes I feel that is okay enough. You're right that it's most beneficial use is for gank builds, but don't forget people build on that. Taking that and completely changing its function to serve a different playstyle is completely unfair. It either needs to be stronger or weaker in terms of what it's meant to support.

    Lastly in regards to Executioner I would be okay if it was buffed so that instead of it restoring x magicka over 6 seconds it would restore x magicka over 2-3 seconds. Preferably 3.
    PS4 NA Server EP/AD
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how many people on here are still talking about PvP. It's painfully obvious how many people are only actually reading the OP, if they even managed to finish reading that (as it's pretty clear that some people just came in here to QQ b/c of the title).

    Blah blah blah stamblades in PvP. Yeah, we get it. The changes that are being suggested in the OP are PvE-oriented guys, and the suggestions that some of us have made (which have been largely undermined with irrelevant bias about how bad templars are) suggests an alternative that not only helps to balance NBs in pvp, but also make some of their currently useless passives in PvE into passives that also provide benefit to the other half of the NB player base. If you guys disagree with the OP or a post, then why are you unable to simply talk about it, or provide an alternative suggestion?

    Stop being so narrow-minded. Just because some of us want to see NBs become more useful outside of Cyrodiil (and have made suggestions that don't further skew the power balance in Cyro) doesn't mean you all have to come in here and rage about how jealous of NB passives you are. Get a grip; not everyone who plays a NB is a vampire, cloak spamming, proxy det, spin-to-win noob. It's ridiculous how narrow-minded and ignorant people are simply b/c of an easymode playstyle in pvp.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 26, 2016 2:47PM
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Get a grip; not everyone who plays a NB is a vampire, cloak spamming, proxy det, spin-to-win noob. It's ridiculous how narrow-minded and ignorant people are simply b/c of an easymode playstyle in pvp.

    Get a grip yourself. Not everyone who plays a NB and is a vampire, spams cloak, proxy det, spin-to-win is a noob. It's ridiculous how narrow minded and ignorant you are simply b/c of an easymode playstyle in pvp.

    Anyway, I'm out of this thread.

    1290708698_magic-chair.gif

    Edited by Husan on February 26, 2016 4:02PM
    [PC][EU][EP][Wabbajack]
    Eir Light-Bringer, nord templar
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    It's funny how many people on here are still talking about PvP. It's painfully obvious how many people are only actually reading the OP, if they even managed to finish reading that (as it's pretty clear that some people just came in here to QQ b/c of the title).

    Blah blah blah stamblades in PvP. Yeah, we get it. The changes that are being suggested in the OP are PvE-oriented guys, and the suggestions that some of us have made (which have been largely undermined with irrelevant bias about how bad templars are) suggests an alternative that not only helps to balance NBs in pvp, but also make some of their currently useless passives in PvE into passives that also provide benefit to the other half of the NB player base. If you guys disagree with the OP or a post, then why are you unable to simply talk about it, or provide an alternative suggestion?

    Stop being so narrow-minded. Just because some of us want to see NBs become more useful outside of Cyrodiil (and have made suggestions that don't further skew the power balance in Cyro) doesn't mean you all have to come in here and rage about how jealous of NB passives you are. Get a grip; not everyone who plays a NB is a vampire, cloak spamming, proxy det, spin-to-win noob. It's ridiculous how narrow-minded and ignorant people are simply b/c of an easymode playstyle in pvp.

    OP is asking for a 8% stamina increase when having an Assassination skill slotted and for that skill to proc Major Brutality on use. No matter how you twist it, this will increase Stamblade in power even further in PvP, which is totally unacceptable. NBs already passively get Major Ward and Major Resolve from using their highest single target ability; now you also want to award them passive Major Brutality and extra stamina simply for slotting and using a skill, in addition to what that skill does, besides all the other great passive boosts NBs get from slotting their abilities? This is too much...

    I aknowledge that Stamblade DPS is an issue atm, but so is Stamsorc and Stamplar DPS. The only stamina build that can somewhat compete with magicka build atm is a StamDK, which is bound to change next patch since magicka users are getting all their primary damage boost from a single champion passive whereas stamina users need two to reach full potential no matter the build. So indeed we are dealing with a disparity in DPS here; but not because NB passives suck for stamina nightblades.

    A direct buff for Stamblades cannot be endorsed when you look at the facts, but the discrepancy between stamina and magicka builds in PvE should indeed be looked at. But those changes should come in the form of different champion passives and redesigning skills to accomodate stamina builds inherent damage types. Buffing stamina nightblades is not a proper solution.
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 26, 2016 4:07PM
    Zin A'roth | Orc | Stamplar | Ebontard Packed | Bleaker's Role Player | 27335/30645 Achievements | 3632/3653 Lorebooks | Original Hodor January 2015 | YouTube | Twitch | EU
    Father to a new born son, slave to a master's degree thesis. And I will have my sleep, in this life or the next...
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    It's funny how many people on here are still talking about PvP. It's painfully obvious how many people are only actually reading the OP, if they even managed to finish reading that (as it's pretty clear that some people just came in here to QQ b/c of the title).

    Blah blah blah stamblades in PvP. Yeah, we get it. The changes that are being suggested in the OP are PvE-oriented guys, and the suggestions that some of us have made (which have been largely undermined with irrelevant bias about how bad templars are) suggests an alternative that not only helps to balance NBs in pvp, but also make some of their currently useless passives in PvE into passives that also provide benefit to the other half of the NB player base. If you guys disagree with the OP or a post, then why are you unable to simply talk about it, or provide an alternative suggestion?

    Stop being so narrow-minded. Just because some of us want to see NBs become more useful outside of Cyrodiil (and have made suggestions that don't further skew the power balance in Cyro) doesn't mean you all have to come in here and rage about how jealous of NB passives you are. Get a grip; not everyone who plays a NB is a vampire, cloak spamming, proxy det, spin-to-win noob. It's ridiculous how narrow-minded and ignorant people are simply b/c of an easymode playstyle in pvp.

    OP is asking for a 8% stamina increase when having an Assassination skill slotted and for that skill to proc Major Brutality on use. No matter how you twist it, this will increase Stamblade in power even further in PvP, which is totally unacceptable. NBs already passively get Major Ward and Major Resolve from using their highest single target ability; now you also want to award them passive Major Brutality and extra stamina simply for slotting and using a skill, in addition to what that skill does, besides all the other great passive boosts NBs get from slotting their abilities? This is too much...

    I aknowledge that Stamblade DPS is an issue atm, but so is Stamsorc and Stamplar DPS. The only stamina build that can somewhat compete with magicka build atm is a StamDK, which is bound to change next patch since magicka users are getting all their primary damage boost from a single champion passive whereas stamina users need two to reach full potential no matter the build. So indeed we are dealing with a disparity in DPS here; but not because NB passives suck for stamina nightblades.

    A direct buff for Stamblades cannot be endorsed when you look at the facts, but the discrepancy between stamina and magicka builds in PvE should indeed be looked at. But those changes should come in the form of different champion passives and redesigning skills to accomodate stamina builds inherent damage types. Buffing stamina nightblades is not a proper solution.

    That's a good point; the 8% increase to stamina recovery could indeed further imbalance the disparity between NBs in pvp from other classes, especially because it could be combined with Relentless Focus for further recovery, meaning that stamblades could put more focus that they normally would put into recovery into something else, like WP and stam.

    Do you have a suggestion for a better alternative? The reason I came to this thread to begin with was purely from a brainstorming perspective, so I am genuinely interested in your insight, regardless of whether or not anything comes of this thread.

    I have other endgame characters besides a NB too: stam sorc, magicka dk, stam dk, magicka templar; so I am aware of the discrepancy between the classes. My purpose here is absolutely not to make NBs the "best and most OP class," I am just interested in discussing alternatives for passives that currently provide no benefit from a PvE perspective. Also, as mentioned above, I am aware (and agree) that other classes need to be prioritized over NBs, but that's not why I'm here discussing it. There are other threads for other classes.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 26, 2016 4:34PM
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Saynna wrote: »
    As far as Master Assasin goes I feel that is okay enough. You're right that it's most beneficial use is for gank builds, but don't forget people build on that. Taking that and completely changing its function to serve a different playstyle is completely unfair. It either needs to be stronger or weaker in terms of what it's meant to support.

    You should consider that ganking and use cloak won't be the same with the changements to sneak/invisibility going live.
    Radiant Magelight could be also really common as skill in PvP, both for who ganks, because of Empower, and who wants a defense from that.
    Its use in Clouding Swarm will be limited in PvP for the same reasons and the same applies to Bosmer and Khajiit (Stealthy).

    It's not asked to change Master Assassin and Stealthy into something else but to have some tweaks with something good for every content (group PvE, solo PvE and also PvP).

    Edited by Helluin on February 26, 2016 4:21PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Get a grip; not everyone who plays a NB is a vampire, cloak spamming, proxy det, spin-to-win noob. It's ridiculous how narrow-minded and ignorant people are simply b/c of an easymode playstyle in pvp.

    Get a grip yourself. Not everyone who plays a NB and is a vampire, spams cloak, proxy det, spin-to-win is a noob. It's ridiculous how narrow minded and ignorant you are simply b/c of an easymode playstyle in pvp.

    Anyway, I'm out of this thread.

    1290708698_magic-chair.gif

    Oh please, you and I both know that's just a blanket label that suits majority opinion. I personally do not think people who choose that build and play only in pvp are noobs, I simply said it to make a point.

    Do you really expect me to feel bad for someone who derails a thread about NBs by blaming the class for poor templar balance? Very little of what you said in this thread was actually relevant to begin with, and you're just cranky because our suggestions (which will likely never even be acknowledged by ZOS, as we all know there are higher priorities) threaten your perfect perma-invis swarm+det playstyle. I've made suggestions in other threads that would actually benefit your build, but someone as biased as you would never come to see me as open-minded, no matter how much I supported your build.

    You justify dissing on every NB who wants to have a discussion simply because templars need some love. And even after you aware that we agree with you in this respect, you still continue to dish crap on NBs. If that's not indicative of ignorance, I don't know what is.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 26, 2016 5:00PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Honestly, nb are probably the strongest. I think they're fine how they are. Other classes needs passives looked at more.

    After playing every class I can safely say they're not the strongest but they're by no means weak. I think Nightblades are very well rounded, however they got nerfed in TG. Magicka sorcs however are the most powerful class/play style, and they got a massive buff to their healing so I see no issues with improving some of the underwhelming passives for the Nightblade. And on a side note this thread isn't about other classes, this is about the two passives mentioned for the Nightblade. So please refrain from the "give my class attention instead" comments. There are other threads for that. This one is for Nightblades.

    I play stam and magica every class. Vr16 mag nb, vr7 stam Nb.

    So I'm talking from plenty of experience. They are far stronger than any other class. 15% regen across the board is possibly the strongest passive in the game. Magica sorc has a complete wasted tree if they don't run pets. Stam sorc has two wasted trees. Templar jus has overall bad passives, stam have a wasted tree. Magica DKs use all trees but have some bad ones (health regen per draconic power ability slotted... lol) and stam DKs have a wasted tree. Stam and magica NBs make use of all trees, stam miss out on like 2 passives.

    So no, nb passives absolutely do not need a buff. The two you say are bad are better than a lot of other classes passives the others have.

    So what you're saying is that, because other classes have passives that deserve some attention, constructively discussing alternatives is taboo? Do you believe that those of us who make suggestions about one or two passives in one class simply have no knowledge of the other classes?

    I ask because I've been defending Templars, DKs and (stam) sorcs for months, offering tons of constructive feedback for improvements on all classes. But the second we want to discuss one passive which is effectively useless in PvE (and forced ito be obsolete with the use of potions or magelight in PvP), suddenly it's about how wrong we are to even bring it up.

    Because the two passives you brought up at 10 better than some of the other passives in the game. NBs has no weak passives. None.
    Xbox One EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #NerfTemplarHouse

    High Council of The Black.(EU/DC PvE & PvP Guild).
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Honestly, nb are probably the strongest. I think they're fine how they are. Other classes needs passives looked at more.

    After playing every class I can safely say they're not the strongest but they're by no means weak. I think Nightblades are very well rounded, however they got nerfed in TG. Magicka sorcs however are the most powerful class/play style, and they got a massive buff to their healing so I see no issues with improving some of the underwhelming passives for the Nightblade. And on a side note this thread isn't about other classes, this is about the two passives mentioned for the Nightblade. So please refrain from the "give my class attention instead" comments. There are other threads for that. This one is for Nightblades.

    I play stam and magica every class. Vr16 mag nb, vr7 stam Nb.

    So I'm talking from plenty of experience. They are far stronger than any other class. 15% regen across the board is possibly the strongest passive in the game. Magica sorc has a complete wasted tree if they don't run pets. Stam sorc has two wasted trees. Templar jus has overall bad passives, stam have a wasted tree. Magica DKs use all trees but have some bad ones (health regen per draconic power ability slotted... lol) and stam DKs have a wasted tree. Stam and magica NBs make use of all trees, stam miss out on like 2 passives.

    So no, nb passives absolutely do not need a buff. The two you say are bad are better than a lot of other classes passives the others have.

    So what you're saying is that, because other classes have passives that deserve some attention, constructively discussing alternatives is taboo? Do you believe that those of us who make suggestions about one or two passives in one class simply have no knowledge of the other classes?

    I ask because I've been defending Templars, DKs and (stam) sorcs for months, offering tons of constructive feedback for improvements on all classes. But the second we want to discuss one passive which is effectively useless in PvE (and forced ito be obsolete with the use of potions or magelight in PvP), suddenly it's about how wrong we are to even bring it up.

    Because the two passives you brought up at 10 better than some of the other passives in the game. NBs has no weak passives. None.

    Oh, and this is true simply because you say so? And yet again, you're trying to justify trashing on people for having a harmless discussion about passives by saying it's not a priority over other classes. No kidding, we've been over this 800 times already in this thread; it's not relevant.

    How can you back this up? Give me an example of PvE content, other than solo questing, where extra crit damage while invis or stealthed is beneficial. Go ahead, I'd like to see your vMA build that utilizes Master Assassin and Executioner, or see you pull the same dps as an overload sorc or a stam dk in SO by making use of those passives.

    Here, let's make the argument that those passives are intended to be used for pvp, and not for pve at all, and we'll assume that the other passives make up for that. Okay, sure, I can get behind that. Now tell me why it's taboo to brainstorm alternatives. I mean really, you're getting cranky b/c someone felt like discussing it.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 26, 2016 5:55PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you want me to start counting the stam sorc passives that do absolutely nothing for me in pve or PvP? It's commonly accepted that nb passives are the best so I would hope you'd expect the responses you are getting.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
Sign In or Register to comment.