The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 5.1.1 is available. You can find the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 15, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
The Scalebreaker DLC game pack and Update 23 base-game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we have a look at Nightblade passives?

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So it seems that ZOS is trying to steer Nightblades away from the perma-cloak playstyle that we all know and love/hate. So there's two passives that I believe deserve our attention. One is directly related to my opening statement, the other I feel just needs to be made more useful.

Master Assassin: Increases Weapon/Spell Damage by 10% while hidden or invisible, and increases the duration of stuns occurred by stealth attacks by 100%

Executioner: Killing an enemy with an assassination ability (so pretty much Assassins Blade), restores magicka

So for one the Master Assassin ability is going to be borderline useless, unless you're a ganker in the TG dlc. Do you guys have any ideas on how we can make this ability more useful for play styles other than ganking? What if we made it similar to the DK passive Mountain's Blessing where activating an Assassination ability grants Minor Brutality? Do you guys have any other ideas?

Executioner: Let's face it, this ability is about as useful as Snakeblood. Not even magblades have much use for this. My suggestion? There's a Magic Flood passive in the Siphoning skill line, how about we make this a stamina equivalent; where having an Assassination ability on your bar increases your max stamina by 5/8%?

These are simply just my ideas, please feel free to leave your own in the comments below. And please keep it constructive, and refrain from littering this thread with NB QQ posts.
And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the concept of changing Executioner to something similar to Mountain's Blessing. We already get Minor Berserk from Merciless Resolve / Relenteless Focus, so adding in a Minor Brutality could be quite interesting. However, I'm not convinced that this would be balanced; I can easily see it being overpowered, particularly in PvP where burst damage from stamblades is already quite high. It would be too easy imo if simply casting an Assassin ability granted this, which could be accomplished with Double Take or Merciless Resolve from stealth prior to engaging. I suggest something to compliment a stamblade's resource management, rather than directly buffing damage, so restoring stamina or buffing stam recovery for a short time seems more reasonable to me. This would help to offset the nerf to siphoning attacks, which has some pretty severe implications for many stamblades (moreso in pve than pvp).

    Master Assassin is a useful passive for many NBs, particularly bow build. As a magblade that doesn't use cloak, I see absolutely no benefit from this passive, so as a matter of personal preference I would have it changed to something more beneficial. My initial thoughts are to add a passive that incentivizes the use of Blur, Grim Focus, and Mark Target. If I had it completely my way, I would take the Major Ward/Resolve passive from Shadow and move it to Assassin in place of this passive. This way, activating our actual buffs rather than something like cloak is where we build our defenses, and then we aren't being locked out of our buffs due to the use of magelight or flare.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 24, 2016 6:05PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    I suggest something to compliment a stamblade's resource management, rather than directly buffing damage, so restoring stamina or buffing stam recovery for a short time seems more reasonable to me. This would help to offset the nerf to siphoning attacks, which has some pretty severe implications for many stamblades.
    .

    Hmmm so maybe something like 2 or 3% stamina and magicka cost reduction per Assassination ability slotted? Or maybe activating an Assassination ability increases your magicka and stamina regeneration by X% 10 seconds or so?
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    You're kidding right? You guys would willfully give away one of the strongest passives in the game?
    Master Assassin: Increases Weapon/Spell Damage by 10% while hidden or invisible, and increases the duration of stuns occurred by stealth attacks by 100%

    Combine this with bat swarm on your typical ~3500-4000 weapon damage stamina nightblade build and you have the best bombing build in game. With the crazy ult generation nighblades get, and also the +20 ultimate per kill almost all PvP players will be getting in next patch from the alliance war passives it's just crazy what you can do. Bat swarm -> weapon swap to other bar with soul harvest and go to town with surprise attack on single target or steel tornado on multiple targets. 2 kills pretty much guarantee you will have bat swarm up again before it even runs out.

    The audacity to complain about nightblade passives. I can't believe we are actually talking about this.


    TL;DR:
    EsoRecon wrote: »
    wow.

    The audacity to treat a single build and rotation as if it's the only way to play the class. Ok, great! I'm glad it makes your playstyle better. It does nothing for mine, or for many other magicka NBs. It also does nothing if you're anywhere near someone using Magelight, and is completely useless for any NB in PvE content outside of solo questing.

    Your point is valid. But there is no need to be rude simply because you like the passive the way it is. Your post would have been fine if all you did was point out it's validity for a vampblade.


    [Edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on February 26, 2016 7:07PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Honestly, nb are probably the strongest. I think they're fine how they are. Other classes needs passives looked at more.

    After playing every class I can safely say they're not the strongest but they're by no means weak. I think Nightblades are very well rounded, however they got nerfed in TG. Magicka sorcs however are the most powerful class/play style, and they got a massive buff to their healing so I see no issues with improving some of the underwhelming passives for the Nightblade. And on a side note this thread isn't about other classes, this is about the two passives mentioned for the Nightblade. So please refrain from the "give my class attention instead" comments. There are other threads for that. This one is for Nightblades.
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭
    Enduring Rays does not reduce the total DPS of the morphs, it is merely one of the many classic poorly written tooltips. DoT's are not confined to dealing a specific amount of damage over time, they deal damage based on per tick calculations. Increasing the duration of a DoT means more ticks, which equals more damage. If a DoT says "Deals X damage over 8 seconds" and deals damage in two second intervals, and then you have a passive that increases it by another 2 seconds, it doesn't remain as X damage over 10 seconds" it becomes "X+(X/8) damage over 10 seconds", meaning it gains an extra tick of damage. It is not a DPS loss at all, test before you speak.
    Dude.. I was talking about unstable core morph of eclipse. With the next patch it can be cast on more than one target and the only effect is it does damage after it runs out. And because of the enduring rays passive it takes longer for it to run out.. a DPS loss in my book :)
    The Mending passive applies to any spec of templars as well, Repentance is in Restoring light and scales with stamina or magicka, same with Remembrance. It is utilized by stamina builds and tanks, just at less of an efficiency than magicka builds.
    Yeah, alright. I'll give you that. Repentance heals you for 10% more IF you are low enough health and IF there are bodies around.
    Regardless, one class's poor passives does not mean everyone else should have bad passives. How about you start your own thread pointing out the imbalances of passives and lack of efficiency with things instead of trying to bring everyone down to the same level? That is why ESO is doomed to continue to get worse, because everyone demands the rest be brought down to the worst, instead of the worst being brought up to the best. Ask for buffs, not nerfs.
    Uhm. Have you seen the templar feedback thread? It's right here on this forum. 2000 replies in it and growing. I've posted an extensive list of suggestions there. There was also a thread up with 60+ pages in december providing templar feedback. We are working on it. And trust me, I'm not trying to drag nightblades down, where did you get that from? We agree that nightblades are on a level above templars, yes? Well I think they need to stay there. That's all I'm saying. I never said nerf anything in this game, always advocating for buffs instead. But not where they are not needed, ie. nightblade passives. Sorry.

    Edited by Husan on February 24, 2016 11:25PM
    [PC][EU][EP][Wabbajack]
    Eir Light-Bringer, nord templar
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Enduring Rays does not reduce the total DPS of the morphs, it is merely one of the many classic poorly written tooltips. DoT's are not confined to dealing a specific amount of damage over time, they deal damage based on per tick calculations. Increasing the duration of a DoT means more ticks, which equals more damage. If a DoT says "Deals X damage over 8 seconds" and deals damage in two second intervals, and then you have a passive that increases it by another 2 seconds, it doesn't remain as X damage over 10 seconds" it becomes "X+(X/8) damage over 10 seconds", meaning it gains an extra tick of damage. It is not a DPS loss at all, test before you speak.
    Dude.. I was talking about unstable core morph of eclipse. With the next patch it can be cast on more than one target and the only effect is it does damage after it runs out. And because of the enduring rays passive it takes longer for it to run out.. a DPS loss in my book :)
    The Mending passive applies to any spec of templars as well, Repentance is in Restoring light and scales with stamina or magicka, same with Remembrance. It is utilized by stamina builds and tanks, just at less of an efficiency than magicka builds.
    Yeah, alright. I'll give you that. Repentance heals you for 10% more IF you are low enough health and IF there are bodies around.
    Regardless, one class's poor passives does not mean everyone else should have bad passives. How about you start your own thread pointing out the imbalances of passives and lack of efficiency with things instead of trying to bring everyone down to the same level? That is why ESO is doomed to continue to get worse, because everyone demands the rest be brought down to the worst, instead of the worst being brought up to the best. Ask for buffs, not nerfs.
    Uhm. Have you seen the templar feedback thread? It's right here on this forum. 2000 replies in it and growing. I've posted an extensive list of suggestions there. There was also a thread up with 60+ pages in december providing templar feedback. We are working on it. And trust me, I'm not trying to drag nightblades down, where did you get that from? We agree that nightblades are on a level above templars, yes? Well I think they need to stay there. That's all I'm saying. I never said nerf anything in this game, always advocating for buffs instead. But not where they are not needed, ie. nightblade passives. Sorry.

    The problem with your argument is it functions off of, "Well my class passives suck worse so you don't deserve anything" POV. That's an extremely selfish attitude imho and BOTH our passives do have their respective issues. How about INSTEAD of trying to drag us NBs down though, you start your OWN thread about how to fix Templar passives?

    But just to entertain you briefly, the reason why NBs deserve a look imho is we have the most stamina morphs of any class but yet all our passives are tuned towards magicka.

    And fyi, I would be ALL for giving Templars stamina morphs. Would be nice if say Restoring light had stamina morhs that required you to deal melee damage to heal (ala Warrior Priest from WAR or Friar from DAoC). Hell you already have an ability that does a self version of that, time to branch out and create a true Melee Healing Class.

    But I digress.......


    So our problems are with:

    Master Assassin: Increases Weapon/Spell Damage by 10% while hidden or invisible, and increases the duration of stuns by stealth attacks by 100%

    Executioner: Killing an enemy with an assassination ability (so pretty much Assassins Blade), restores magicka


    Master Assassin I have never liked because it's basically a one trick pony. You can use it during your initial first shot then done. That's because stealth breaks in combat usually or the mobs totally ignore it OR in PvP vs decent players then can keep you unstealthed (now made "EZ" thanks to the new magelight).

    Lets not forget that the stun part (or any of our CCs) don't work on anything but trash mobs/PvP

    I would be more than happy to kick this ability to the curb now that stealth has been marginalized even more.

    So how about +7% Stamina with an Assassination ability slotted and stuns last 100% longer.

    Executioner is good for a mageblade but near worthless to a stamblade. I wouldn't want to remove the magicka component since mageblades like this ability but i would like to tweak it have a stamina component added to it.

    It would work based off what NB abilities you have slotted and split the numbers (say 1800 to be even) based on the NB magicka vs stamina abilities you are using. So if you have 3 stamina and 2 magicka slotted you would now restore 1080 stam and 720 mag over 6 secs on kill.


    I also think I know why stamina characters have such a problem with resource management. Its because we are now using a single pool to do everything. I do fine when I'm attacking because my regen can keep pace but when I roll dodge or have to break free a couple times I am suddenly running a huge deficit.

    It's definitely an advantage to be magicka based so you can hold that stamina pool specifically for running, breakfrees and dodge rolling.
    Edited by PlagueMonk on February 25, 2016 1:51AM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No as a both magicka and stamina nightblade since launch.

    It's not true that you can only use it for the initial shot.

    And knowing ZOS they would prob change it to something very weak.

    So no imo.
    EU | PC
    AD
    Master Kas - Nightblade ★
    Al Sah-Him - Nightblade★
    Dickon Tarly - Dragonknight ★
    Steve's Little Healslave - Templar
    Dominion Hero - Warden

    EP
    Kassandra Miho - Nightblade ★
    Dąenerys - Dragonknight
    Say No To Faction Locks - Sorcerer
    Bash Zum Letzten Mann - Necromancer

    DC
    Cheat Engine - Nightblade ★
    Valkyrja - Dragonknight
    Alva - Sorcerer
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    No as a both magicka and stamina nightblade since launch.

    It's not true that you can only use it for the initial shot.

    And knowing ZOS they would prob change it to something very weak.

    So no imo.

    Where else do you make use of this passive? Using a detect pot renders the passive completely ineffective. What other class can be robbed of a passive just by using a potion?

    Can you think of any examples in PvE content, outside of solo questing, where it is even remotely useful? Are you aware that endgame PvE content punishes people whose passives revolve around being invisible, because so many things have true sight? You can't even stealth in vMA, or vDSA, and never in the last 2 years have I seen an effective use of sneak or invisibility in a trial.

    We're talking about the entire ESO community that does more than just PvP here... And not all NBs who PvP build around perma-invis and bat swarm. Some of us actually like fighting people.

    @Husan This thread is intended to brainstorm alternatives. Having an attitude simply because someone suggested an alternative is childish. What's more childish is using Templars as a means to discredit a harmless brainstorming thread. I'm not even going to bother debating it with you, because it's clear you only see things in a narrow perspective and actually have no idea of how the class functions outside of Cyrodiil.

    @PlagueMonk I agree with a great deal of what you've said. I would add only to this part:
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Executioner is good for a mageblade but near worthless to a stamblade. I wouldn't want to remove the magicka component since mageblades like this ability but i would like to tweak it have a stamina component added to it.
    As a magblade I find this passive to be completely useless outside of PvP, and in PvP (where most people run recoveries) it's really unnecessary imho. I'd sooner see the whole passive reworked to something that benefits both magblades and stamblades, preferably something usable in all forms of content.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 25, 2016 3:02PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every class has their share of useless passives
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka
    Bosmer Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

    Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Every class has their share of useless passives

    Agreed, but that doesn't mean we can't brainstorm new ideas.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Honestly, nb are probably the strongest. I think they're fine how they are. Other classes needs passives looked at more.

    After playing every class I can safely say they're not the strongest but they're by no means weak. I think Nightblades are very well rounded, however they got nerfed in TG. Magicka sorcs however are the most powerful class/play style, and they got a massive buff to their healing so I see no issues with improving some of the underwhelming passives for the Nightblade. And on a side note this thread isn't about other classes, this is about the two passives mentioned for the Nightblade. So please refrain from the "give my class attention instead" comments. There are other threads for that. This one is for Nightblades.

    I play stam and magica every class. Vr16 mag nb, vr7 stam Nb.

    So I'm talking from plenty of experience. They are far stronger than any other class. 15% regen across the board is possibly the strongest passive in the game. Magica sorc has a complete wasted tree if they don't run pets. Stam sorc has two wasted trees. Templar jus has overall bad passives, stam have a wasted tree. Magica DKs use all trees but have some bad ones (health regen per draconic power ability slotted... lol) and stam DKs have a wasted tree. Stam and magica NBs make use of all trees, stam miss out on like 2 passives.

    So no, nb passives absolutely do not need a buff. The two you say are bad are better than a lot of other classes passives the others have. Sorry to break it to you, but how other classes function does have a say on others. NB is the strongest class right now if you count both magica and stam. By far. The other classes need looking at a way before NBs do.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 25, 2016 3:09PM
    Xbox One EU
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Honestly, nb are probably the strongest. I think they're fine how they are. Other classes needs passives looked at more.

    After playing every class I can safely say they're not the strongest but they're by no means weak. I think Nightblades are very well rounded, however they got nerfed in TG. Magicka sorcs however are the most powerful class/play style, and they got a massive buff to their healing so I see no issues with improving some of the underwhelming passives for the Nightblade. And on a side note this thread isn't about other classes, this is about the two passives mentioned for the Nightblade. So please refrain from the "give my class attention instead" comments. There are other threads for that. This one is for Nightblades.

    I play stam and magica every class. Vr16 mag nb, vr7 stam Nb.

    So I'm talking from plenty of experience. They are far stronger than any other class. 15% regen across the board is possibly the strongest passive in the game. Magica sorc has a complete wasted tree if they don't run pets. Stam sorc has two wasted trees. Templar jus has overall bad passives, stam have a wasted tree. Magica DKs use all trees but have some bad ones (health regen per draconic power ability slotted... lol) and stam DKs have a wasted tree. Stam and magica NBs make use of all trees, stam miss out on like 2 passives.

    So no, nb passives absolutely do not need a buff. The two you say are bad are better than a lot of other classes passives the others have.

    So what you're saying is that, because other classes have passives that deserve some attention, constructively discussing alternatives is taboo? Do you believe that those of us who make suggestions about one or two passives in one class simply have no knowledge of the other classes?

    I ask because I've been defending Templars, DKs and (stam) sorcs for months, offering tons of constructive feedback for improvements on all classes. But the second we want to discuss one passive which is effectively useless in PvE (and forced ito be obsolete with the use of potions or magelight in PvP), suddenly it's about how wrong we are to even bring it up.
    Edited by Autolycus on February 25, 2016 3:14PM
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB has arguably the best passives in the game no matter the cloak nerfs. What are you talking about?

    Id give up my entire Breton/Mending passive tree for the major armor/spell resist buffs on jabs.
    ~ @Niekas ~

    Mr Nobody (Magplar) ~ Grand Overlord
    Mr NØbody (Magmancer) ~ A better Magplar version
    Niekas (Magblade) ~ Havoc Squad

  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some aspect you're right, but this definatly has NOT to be ZOS priority right now. Even when not changing those passives, NBs are still strong enough to at least compete. I also think that the Master Assasins passive should NOT be changed, it surely will be harder to make use of in PvP but its about being a NB and be stealthy, so I think its fine.

    Executioner was useless from day 1 and hasnt been looked after ever since. Has to change, but not particulary now.
    Edited by Jeezye on February 25, 2016 4:31PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should fix other classes passives first. Most of them are actually useless.

    Nb's have the strongest passives in the game and should be last on that list for that reason.
    PS4 EU DC

    Current CP : 756+

    I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.


    RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    If you are going to list all sorc passives to prove they are stronger you should list all NB passives for an honest comparison. NB have among the best passives in the game (for both magicka and stamina), for this reason most people are going to say no to your requests until the other classes passives get looked over first, especially templar/stam templar/Stam Sorc etc.



    Killing an enemy with an Assassination ability restores 1428 Magicka over 6 seconds.
    Increases Max Magicka by 8% while a Siphoning ability is slotted.
    Increases the effectiveness of your healing done by 3% for each Siphoning ability slotted.
    Activating a Siphoning ability grants 2 additional Ultimate. This effect has a 4 second cooldown.
    After drinking a potion you gain 12 Ultimate.
    Activating a Shadow ability gives you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Armor by 5120 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased by 1 second for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. (Auto Armor, lol)
    Increases Max Health by 3% for each Shadow ability slotted.
    Increases Stamina, Health and Magicka Regeneration by 15%.
    With an Assassination ability slotted:
    Increases Critical Strike rating by 2519 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    Increases bonus Critical Strike damage by 10%.
    A successful critical hit gives nearby allies Minor Savagery, increasing Weapon Critical Strike rating by 629 for 20 seconds.
    While using Assassination abilities:
    Increases Weapon and Spell Damage while invisible or stealth by 10%.
    Successful stealth attacks stun for 100% longer.

    Some of these passives I would love on any class....
    Edited by AfkNinja on February 25, 2016 6:04PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    Bias post was Bias.

    List them all. It's well known they have the best passives
    PS4 EU DC

    Current CP : 756+

    I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.


    RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    Your thread title is to blame for some of the negativity and the forum you are on. You are on the test realm form with a thread titled Can we look at NB passives? The location and the title imply that you feel some action needs taken and now.

    I mean you asked a yes/no question. You cant be upset when people come in and say No.

    But then again it is about NBs so it might not have mattered.
    Husan wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    The audacity to treat a single build and rotation as if it's the only way to play the class. Ok, great! I'm glad it makes your playstyle better. It does nothing for mine, or for many other magicka NBs. It also does nothing if you're anywhere near someone using Magelight.
    Congrats on finding the only usable application of this passive, I'm glad every single NB in the world only PvP's, is a vamp, and only uses bats as their ultimate... Oh wait.

    No no no no. It's not the only viable way. It's an example.

    Here is another example if you wish, for magicka nightblade. Proxy on and cloak. Time proxy burst with sap essence and soul tether from cloak. If done properly, all 3 attacks gain from the 10% extra spell power from the passive for a MASSIVE burst.

    You want another one? Merciless resolve, medium weave funnel health/swallow soul. When it's charged, cloak (preferably shadowy disguise morph for the 100% crit change) and add 10% spell power to your merciless resolve.

    Anyway, why do I have to teach you how to play nightblade? I'm a templar main.. if you think your passives are restricted and only work with certain playstyles, then have a look at some of mine:

    -balanced warrior (Increases your weapon damage by (3-6%) and your spell resistance by X.) only applies to stamina builds and is in no way "balanced"

    -enduring rays (Increases duration of Dawn’s Wrath abilities by (5-10%).) only applies it's utterly insignificant bonus to 3 out of the 6 class skills, and EVEN THEN reduces the total dps of one of the morphs

    -mending (Increases the healing effects from your restoring light abilities by up to (5-10%) in proportion to the severity of the target’s wounds.) does nothing for a stamina templar as they all scale from magicka.

    -light weaver (Provides bonuses for Restoring Light abilities: Increases the duration of Restoring Aura by (10-20%), Healing Ritual grants 2 ultimate to allies under (30-60%) health, Channeling Rite of Passage grants X bonus to your Armor and Spell Resistance.) does nothing for a proper templar because it applies to some really, really bad skills that noone in their right mind should EVER use. Ask any good templar.

    -master ritualist (Increased resurrection speed by (10-20%), resurrected allies return with (50-100%) more health and gives you a 50% chance to gain a soul gem after each successful resurrection.) does NOTHING for me. What does that passive give me playing solo, which is most of the time for me? Absolutely nothing.

    Nightblade passives are amazing. I really don't understand why you are complaining.

    You telling Nightblades that they don't get to complain about bad passives because we have some good ones is like telling an amputee to get over their disability because they still have other working limbs. Get real.

    Actually it isnt like that at all. It is like a parent telling their child to be happy with what they have because there are children in the world that have less.

    The old eat your green beans there are kids who dont get anything to eat at all!

    I still hate green beans.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on February 25, 2016 6:16PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    Bias post was Bias.

    List them all. It's well known they have the best passives

    Useless comment is useless
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    If you are going to list all sorc passives to prove they are stronger you should list all NB passives for an honest comparison. NB have among the best passives in the game (for both magicka and stamina), for this reason most people are going to say no to your requests until the other classes passives get looked over first, especially templar/stam templar/Stam Sorc etc.



    Killing an enemy with an Assassination ability restores 1428 Magicka over 6 seconds.
    Increases Max Magicka by 8% while a Siphoning ability is slotted.
    Increases the effectiveness of your healing done by 3% for each Siphoning ability slotted.
    Activating a Siphoning ability grants 2 additional Ultimate. This effect has a 4 second cooldown.
    After drinking a potion you gain 12 Ultimate.
    Activating a Shadow ability gives you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Armor by 5120 for 2 seconds. This duration is increased by 1 second for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped. (Auto Armor, lol)
    Increases Max Health by 3% for each Shadow ability slotted.
    Increases Stamina, Health and Magicka Regeneration by 15%.
    With an Assassination ability slotted:
    Increases Critical Strike rating by 2519 for each Assassination ability slotted.
    Increases bonus Critical Strike damage by 10%.
    A successful critical hit gives nearby allies Minor Savagery, increasing Weapon Critical Strike rating by 629 for 20 seconds.
    While using Assassination abilities:
    Increases Weapon and Spell Damage while invisible or stealth by 10%.
    Successful stealth attacks stun for 100% longer.

    Some of these passives I would love on any class....

    A lot of sorcs passives I would love on my Nightblade
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    Your thread title is to blame for some of the negativity and the forum you are on. You are on the test realm form with a thread titled Can we look at NB passives? The location and the title imply that you feel some action needs taken and now.

    I mean you asked a yes/no question. You cant be upset when people come in and say No.

    But then again it is about NBs so it might not have mattered.
    Husan wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    The audacity to treat a single build and rotation as if it's the only way to play the class. Ok, great! I'm glad it makes your playstyle better. It does nothing for mine, or for many other magicka NBs. It also does nothing if you're anywhere near someone using Magelight.
    Congrats on finding the only usable application of this passive, I'm glad every single NB in the world only PvP's, is a vamp, and only uses bats as their ultimate... Oh wait.

    No no no no. It's not the only viable way. It's an example.

    Here is another example if you wish, for magicka nightblade. Proxy on and cloak. Time proxy burst with sap essence and soul tether from cloak. If done properly, all 3 attacks gain from the 10% extra spell power from the passive for a MASSIVE burst.

    You want another one? Merciless resolve, medium weave funnel health/swallow soul. When it's charged, cloak (preferably shadowy disguise morph for the 100% crit change) and add 10% spell power to your merciless resolve.

    Anyway, why do I have to teach you how to play nightblade? I'm a templar main.. if you think your passives are restricted and only work with certain playstyles, then have a look at some of mine:

    -balanced warrior (Increases your weapon damage by (3-6%) and your spell resistance by X.) only applies to stamina builds and is in no way "balanced"

    -enduring rays (Increases duration of Dawn’s Wrath abilities by (5-10%).) only applies it's utterly insignificant bonus to 3 out of the 6 class skills, and EVEN THEN reduces the total dps of one of the morphs

    -mending (Increases the healing effects from your restoring light abilities by up to (5-10%) in proportion to the severity of the target’s wounds.) does nothing for a stamina templar as they all scale from magicka.

    -light weaver (Provides bonuses for Restoring Light abilities: Increases the duration of Restoring Aura by (10-20%), Healing Ritual grants 2 ultimate to allies under (30-60%) health, Channeling Rite of Passage grants X bonus to your Armor and Spell Resistance.) does nothing for a proper templar because it applies to some really, really bad skills that noone in their right mind should EVER use. Ask any good templar.

    -master ritualist (Increased resurrection speed by (10-20%), resurrected allies return with (50-100%) more health and gives you a 50% chance to gain a soul gem after each successful resurrection.) does NOTHING for me. What does that passive give me playing solo, which is most of the time for me? Absolutely nothing.

    Nightblade passives are amazing. I really don't understand why you are complaining.

    You telling Nightblades that they don't get to complain about bad passives because we have some good ones is like telling an amputee to get over their disability because they still have other working limbs. Get real.

    Actually it isnt like that at all. It is like a parent telling their child to be happy with what they have because there are children in the world that have less.

    The old eat your green beans there are kids who dont get anything to eat at all!

    I still hate green beans.

    LOL
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs passives are better:
    20% health and stamina, 10% magicka regen
    5% cost reduction for stamina and magicka
    15% cost reduction for Ultimates

    Nightblades have 15% stamina, magicka, and health regen. Oh yes, so OP.

    Now everyone who has commented on this thread to whine about your class, please leave. Your comments are useless and you have your own threads to ask for changes.

    This thread is for Nightblades who want to brainstorm about how we can change these passives if they feel they need to. Nightblades that disagree with my ideas are more than welcome to comment; as long as your feedback is respectful.

    Your thread title is to blame for some of the negativity and the forum you are on. You are on the test realm form with a thread titled Can we look at NB passives? The location and the title imply that you feel some action needs taken and now.

    I mean you asked a yes/no question. You cant be upset when people come in and say No.

    But then again it is about NBs so it might not have mattered.
    Husan wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    The audacity to treat a single build and rotation as if it's the only way to play the class. Ok, great! I'm glad it makes your playstyle better. It does nothing for mine, or for many other magicka NBs. It also does nothing if you're anywhere near someone using Magelight.
    Congrats on finding the only usable application of this passive, I'm glad every single NB in the world only PvP's, is a vamp, and only uses bats as their ultimate... Oh wait.

    No no no no. It's not the only viable way. It's an example.

    Here is another example if you wish, for magicka nightblade. Proxy on and cloak. Time proxy burst with sap essence and soul tether from cloak. If done properly, all 3 attacks gain from the 10% extra spell power from the passive for a MASSIVE burst.

    You want another one? Merciless resolve, medium weave funnel health/swallow soul. When it's charged, cloak (preferably shadowy disguise morph for the 100% crit change) and add 10% spell power to your merciless resolve.

    Anyway, why do I have to teach you how to play nightblade? I'm a templar main.. if you think your passives are restricted and only work with certain playstyles, then have a look at some of mine:

    -balanced warrior (Increases your weapon damage by (3-6%) and your spell resistance by X.) only applies to stamina builds and is in no way "balanced"

    -enduring rays (Increases duration of Dawn’s Wrath abilities by (5-10%).) only applies it's utterly insignificant bonus to 3 out of the 6 class skills, and EVEN THEN reduces the total dps of one of the morphs

    -mending (Increases the healing effects from your restoring light abilities by up to (5-10%) in proportion to the severity of the target’s wounds.) does nothing for a stamina templar as they all scale from magicka.

    -light weaver (Provides bonuses for Restoring Light abilities: Increases the duration of Restoring Aura by (10-20%), Healing Ritual grants 2 ultimate to allies under (30-60%) health, Channeling Rite of Passage grants X bonus to your Armor and Spell Resistance.) does nothing for a proper templar because it applies to some really, really bad skills that noone in their right mind should EVER use. Ask any good templar.

    -master ritualist (Increased resurrection speed by (10-20%), resurrected allies return with (50-100%) more health and gives you a 50% chance to gain a soul gem after each successful resurrection.) does NOTHING for me. What does that passive give me playing solo, which is most of the time for me? Absolutely nothing.

    Nightblade passives are amazing. I really don't understand why you are complaining.

    You telling Nightblades that they don't get to complain about bad passives because we have some good ones is like telling an amputee to get over their disability because they still have other working limbs. Get real.

    Actually it isnt like that at all. It is like a parent telling their child to be happy with what they have because there are children in the world that have less.

    The old eat your green beans there are kids who dont get anything to eat at all!

    I still hate green beans.

    Actually when someone says no because of Nightblade reasons I don't mind. It's the collection of people coming in here to whine about their class that I have an issue with. Should I go to every templar, Dragonknight and sorcerer class to vent about my Nightblade? No, keep it pertinent or don't even bother posting.
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
Sign In or Register to comment.