Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Willpower Rings and TG Update

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Im on my sorc with an opportunity to get arcane willpower rings. The problem is im unsure if this will be a wise choice before the coming update. The rings complete my build, but I dont want to blow my savings only to find the TG update has better stuff.

Any knowledge if willpower rings are still the best option for dps sorcs?
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not as easy to answer as it was before. Vicious death jewelery + 2 armour pieces could be a strong alternative for pvp and if Moondancer includes jewelery (not sure about that) it will most likely be superior to willpower against bosses.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Im on my sorc with an opportunity to get arcane willpower rings. The problem is im unsure if this will be a wise choice before the coming update. The rings complete my build, but I dont want to blow my savings only to find the TG update has better stuff.

Any knowledge if willpower rings are still the best option for dps sorcs?

Depends what you want to do. You will not go wrong with willpower set it is a great complementary set for a lot of builds.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems magicka classes are going to be walking nuclear bombs in the next patch, hopefully they will reduce the cost of robust agility rings and increase arcane willpower :trollface:
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Seems magicka classes are going to be walking nuclear bombs in the next patch, hopefully they will reduce the cost of robust agility rings and increase arcane willpower :trollface:

Vicious death isn't easy to get though is it?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that in the AvA category? If so, it won't be too hard if you PVP enough. Jewellery is pretty rare, but the rest is easily obtainable.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that in the AvA category? If so, it won't be too hard if you PVP enough. Jewellery is pretty rare, but the rest is easily obtainable.

I pretty much will only need it in jewellery. How exactly do you get it, the alliance bags or the rewards for the worthy?
    PS4 EU DC

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I pretty much will only need it in jewellery. How exactly do you get it, the alliance bags or the rewards for the worthy?
    It can be in the rewards for the worthy, I assume you can get it as end of campaign rewards and you can sometimes buy it from the monster helm trader.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on February 19, 2016 12:35PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can be in the rewards for the worthy, I assume you can get it as end of campaign rewards and you can sometimes buy it from the monster helm trader.

Time to stock the ap, again....

Because F*** Rng.
    PS4 EU DC

• Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys, I suppose I will invest. I assume the prices will rise once the people farming them stop farming them.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For pve it will still be one of the best jewelry options imo.

For pvp there will probably be better options but these can be combined with willpower.

Its still the best 3 piece bonus for magicka builds, giving 1,5x times the normal value.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest buying them now. You've got another 3 weeks before TG goes live and even then it will take significant effort to acquire the new jewelry sets through BOP dropped rng (for case of Moondancer and Alkosh) or ROTW (for case of vicious death and Alchemist).

I'm not 100% what will be sold in the Helm vendor but from what I saw on pts it will also be awhile before you could put together what you want that way. By that time you will be able to save up again probably and you would of been using your willpower jewelry the whole time.
    Edited by Cuyler on February 19, 2016 8:55PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it rather sad that they boosted willpower, agility and endurance jewlery to such high values. Anything just becomes subpar in comparison, theres no real choice if you want the best.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

I've seen PTS pics posted of the new AP vendor and a Vicious Death Necklace and weapons we're available to purchase there. 300K AP I believe for one piece. Chump change. It'll obviously rotate every week with different pieces but as to if the rings are available or if it makes it to live idk.
    I assume it's also available in the Rewards of the Worthy mails too.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »

I've seen PTS pics posted of the new AP vendor and a Vicious Death Necklace and weapons we're available to purchase there. 300K AP I believe for one piece. Chump change. It'll obviously rotate every week with different pieces but as to if the rings are available or if it makes it to live idk.
    I assume it's also available in the Rewards of the Worthy mails too.

300k is a good price, considering it's a 5 piece set. Plus with people with more than 1 character a jewellery set is going to cost 900k per character.

I have 4 magicka characters so it's going to cost me 3.6m ap to get them, when it comes around and assuming they don't nerf to set to uselessness.
    PS4 EU DC