The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] 10 Possible RP Additions to the Game

TheHumanFloyd
TheHumanFloyd
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIzZQ3u3qS4

Let me know what you think ZoS should add for RPers!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 Additions for Roleplayers

We're your long term customer base. Help us WANT to stay with this game. Please. Thank you.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never roleplayed on ESO before (Although I bet if I did, with this name, I'd get hated :lol:) but I do support those who do. About his suggestion (in the video) an in-game civilian clothing store would be interesting, even for non-RPers. I sometimes feel the need to run around in Cyrodiil in a pink dress I stole.

We definitely could do with more detailed emotes too, like as NPCs can eat while sitting and we can't.

I want to walk around with my torch without having to do the bugged emote thing which I can't see, myself.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More emotes are always awesome, i would also love an addition of some slots so we can put those civilian clothing without losing our gear with stats.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to go fishing while sitting in a chair, all the fighting my character does he just wants to relax while fishing.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could always need some more emotes in PvP :lol:
    Edited by Wollust on February 17, 2016 11:40AM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the Mods will see that though this video is aimed at RPers it really has broader applications to the wider player base as well, as evidenced by the responses above. So hopefully they'll leave this here in general discussion where it actually belongs.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is we would not be in this sort of game unless we were, even in a very small way, role playing.

The RP community are the foundations of a game like this. They bring life and character to a game world in the way that a scripted NPC never can.

Look after your RP community and generally look after people's ability to form social communities in this game and you are investing in the long term health of your game. If people have friends here then they stay longer.

The things I think we need to build on for this are:

Housing - preferably in a way so that anyone from any alliance can visit the home of another
    A cross alliance meet up area
    Emotes
    Festivals
    Some other kind of hobbies as well as fishing
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look after your RP community and generally look after people's ability to form social communities in this game and you are investing in the long term health of your game. If people have friends here then they stay longer.

You have COMPLETELY hit the nail on the head here. The ONLY reason I'm still playing this game is because of my amazing RP guild. It has NOTHING to do with ZoS. Which is sad.

• Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly off track here, but yesterday I was on the pts for the Heart's Day event. I don't really RP, but I like watching other people, (without interfering) so it's an aspect of the game I have very little experience with. I understand a lot better now, why RPers want instanced housing and other ways of dealing with trolls. I hope there's a way around having to instance it off, since that would isolate something that adds a lot to the aliveness of the world.

Here's a couple of screenshots, one I had to edit because it would be removed if I hadn't.
    J3ByoRj.png
    t87QIvk.png

My previous game was Lotro and the server I was on had an amazing RP community. I loved just being around for festivals and going through towns because the RPers made the world that much more alive. Supporting roleplay is really key to keeping the world lively. So from a non-RPer, help these guys out!
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people's idea of a good time is just piddling all over whatever other people are trying to do.

Best way to deal with that is in game GMs and a prison isle of some kind.

But group instanced RP space is a possible compromise - although as a sort of light non formal RP type I actually like seeing people gathering for events and things in the world. I was at the wedding last night and was quite enjoying it early on - about 20 mins before the event - when just a few people were gathering in their best frocks, drinking, occasionally fighting. Felt just like a real wedding then.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people's idea of a good time is just piddling all over whatever other people are trying to do.

Best way to deal with that is in game GMs and a prison isle of some kind.

But group instanced RP space is a possible compromise - although as a sort of light non formal RP type I actually like seeing people gathering for events and things in the world. I was at the wedding last night and was quite enjoying it early on - about 20 mins before the event - when just a few people were gathering in their best frocks, drinking, occasionally fighting. Felt just like a real wedding then.

The visual ignore is what we need most. In the long term it keeps everyone happy. We roleplayers have long "settled" for dark corners we could scurry off to in order to avoid the trolls but with today's technology it shouldn't be necessary anymore. I really hope ZoS steps up.

• menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see the introduction of temporary camps or something similar. For those of us who yearn for a more simple existence and are less interested in expansive homes and 'clutter', a quiet sheltered spot beneath the stars would be hard to ignore. Or perhaps selfishly, on a bough of a tree...

As mentioned elsewhere, festivals, gatherings and other entertainment-based group events could work well.

I can't help thinking that religions, beliefs or local traditions represent a great untapped resource for RP improvements, above and beyond specific quests or our own in-game actions.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with all of the suggestions made in the video.
    If visual ignore or RP-flagged players being phased together didn't happen then the best solution might be instanced areas available for RP. Not just homes and/or guildhalls but also possibly rooms in inns, temple/cathedrals, Fighter and Mage Guild Halls.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Climates of Tamriel and Frostfall in Skyrim - which came with camping gear, fire place, tanning rags and such. I loved that so much to be able to camp outdoors and just make camp whenever I had to warm up, eat and drink something or have a rest - the ability to make camp in beautiful spots and relax and chill a bit there is priceless. Same goes for fishing or picking flowers, this can be quite relaxing, if not done in a hurry, or in an yet unknown area.

I like all of the suggestions in OP's video though - all what makes Tamriel feel like a "real" world, where we can live in. I give a damn about fast progression in the game, I advance rather slowly and want to enjoy the game world. It would be really nice to be able to connect to other players of my level, who are as well not in a hurry - so RP flagging like suggested would be great.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

All of that.

The RP flag is my favourite, and it doesn't look hard to implement.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd agree with all of the suggestions made in the video.
    If visual ignore or RP-flagged players being phased together didn't happen then the best solution might be instanced areas available for RP. Not just homes and/or guildhalls but also possibly rooms in inns, temple/cathedrals, Fighter and Mage Guild Halls.

The ability to return to completed quest areas with a group referenced in the video would do wonders for the Rp community. You'd have a mob-less space to use as a setting for Rp and because it would be instanced and only available to your group it would be a perfect troll-free space. If ZoS does NOTHING ELSE for us RPers and the problem of being harassed by other players in general THIS ONE THING would make me happy.

• Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Even if I'm some kind of a "half roleplayer" I think that everything mentioned in that video is awesome. Starting from the easiest to implement ideas would be nice, and then we could think about what's next.

But I think that isolating roleplayers from the rest of the world would be a little bit sad. It's nice to see "interactive NPCs" from time to time, even if they're sometimes just a bunch of ignoring you butt-holes.
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kind of fascinating to observe, how people react, when I walk through town instead to run like anyone else. I basically blend in with the NPCs and people are approaching me as if I would be an NPC, stop for a moment, look at me and then they realize, I am a player, and they continue with their bee hive activities. Sometimes I wish that there would be a bonus for walking for some time - like a "rested" boost to stamina and/or magicka to be used later, but this will never happen unfortunately.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    It is kind of fascinating to observe, how people react, when I walk through town instead to run like anyone else. I basically blend in with the NPCs and people are approaching me as if I would be an NPC, stop for a moment, look at me and then they realize, I am a player, and they continue with their bee hive activities. Sometimes I wish that there would be a bonus for walking for some time - like a "rested" boost to stamina and/or magicka to be used later, but this will never happen unfortunately.

As a fellow 'walker', i'm with you on this one. My char often comments to herself that everyone is always running. Everywhere. All of the time. Each to their own of course, but I do find it quite amusing.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »
    Even if I'm some kind of a "half roleplayer" I think that everything mentioned in that video is awesome. Starting from the easiest to implement ideas would be nice, and then we could think about what's next.

But I think that isolating roleplayers from the rest of the world would be a little bit sad. It's nice to see "interactive NPCs" from time to time, even if they're sometimes just a bunch of ignoring you butt-holes.

I'm fine when all the non-RPers ignore me and don't acknowledge my presence. It's when they insist on trolling me that I object. Having that visual ignore feature implemented would keep roleplayers out in the open world where they can be observed by those who enjoy seeing them. And, of course, those who don't could make the "disappear." The beauty of that longed for feature is that it lets everyone "play their way" and have a world to experience that suits them.

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paganach wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »

As a fellow 'walker', i'm with you on this one. My char often comments to herself that everyone is always running. Everywhere. All of the time. Each to their own of course, but I do find it quite amusing.

Now this reminded me of Assassin's Creed and the comments people make on the street if you run instead to walk like everyone else. You are doing it just like them, I guess.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one thinks that ZOS would never allow an in-game clothing store because it would compete with their Crown Store.

This one also thinks that you should use a controller for better movement speed control. This one thinks that analog stick users are....how you say....a "master race," yes?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really great if a Dev, like, you know, maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno would comment on this. ZOS does an awful lot of lip service towards roleplayers and tries really hard to convince us they keep us in mind when they do things. But I very seldom see that translate into anything tangible in the game. I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong.

• couchkyle25_ESO
    couchkyle25_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, would be nice to see ZoS's reaction to this list of not so outlandish requests.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Much of what was proposed here is awesome.There were a few that I wasnt really interested in,and they just went right out the other side of my head.However,95% of what is in the video would be a welcome addition!