Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Using the Search Box (The Forum Secret)

Kova
Kova
✭✭✭✭✭
Woo.

So I'm usually one of those players who like to keep a check list of mundane, repetitive posts made on the forums. Some of you have probably seen the funny list floating around, but after the last pts update there has just been an astounding flow of Templar threads.

I assume many players are unfamiliar with the search box. It's in the top right hand corner of the forum and comes in handy when deciding whether or not you might be bringing up an issue, or just complaining. It has all sorts of settings that alllow you to narrow down your searches.

For instance, I searched "Templar nerfs" and set the range to be within the last week and I was able to find that there was another thread pointing out the amount of templar threads:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247328/all-the-templar-discussions

Success! I was able to find that someone else noticed this phenomenon as well. They were using as a case to complain even more about templars though.

I used the same search criteria and found my first page of results, 10 threads, all concerning the same templar nerfs. Realize that adding to the redundant nature of nerf/buff threads only exacerbates your negative emotions and doesn't actually provide the therapeutic response one might believe it does. I understand this effect happens for every class, but this just happens to be current and HOLY SMOKES 18 different threads about TEMPLAR NERFS IN ONE SODDING WEEK. I honestly want templars to be buffed just to stop seeing the threads...and threads complaining about the complaining threads...like this one... Self Meta-burn.

This thread is community satire and in no way displays shaming or defamation against players or player in compliance with Zenimax Online Studios terms and conditions. Any jimmies rustled are the sole responsibility of the player and this thread accepts no liability or financial responsibility for medical treatments as a result of dehydration by excessive QQing. If recurring hurt feelings last more than one patch consult your doctor as you may be at risk for chronic gluteal fatigue.
EP Sorc: Aydinn
AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
EP Stam Sorc: Kós
AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is some malware out there that has infected the machines of the most passionate players. It caused their PC to catch fire if they ever attempt to type a word into a box labeled Search. It's really nasty.

If they renamed the box Find Me Threads that Already Discuss: it would get around the malware.
    Edited by Nestor on February 17, 2016 3:36PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    ...Any jimmies rustled are the sole responsibility of the player and this thread accepts no liability or financial responsibility for medical treatments as a result of dehydration by excessive QQing...
    [/i]

Actually lawled.

On topic though, I couldn't agree more. I'm sure I'm guilty of starting a thread on a topic that's been discussed, sometimes by accident or maybe it's because after finding a thread that may have the answer but I lose patience after 6 pages of people arguing with each other or bashing devs or just being generally nonconstructive. But starting a thread, especially if it's a hot topic of the moment like templars, just because one thinks you they can say it better or whatever...*eyeroll* Join in the current conversation you special sparkly snowflake, you. Secure your jimmies, consume plenty of fluids and jump on in there.

Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP