Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Second weapon slot for Bosmer Nightblade

Seamen15
Seamen15
Hey guys!!

Just reached level 15 and choosing between Sword and Shield or 2H as a second slot for my Nightblade who currently dual wields.

2H has more damage but Sword & Shield has great defense bonuses. What do you guys think?
Tigerlion - Khajit Nightblade - Escaped from the slavers life and freed by Dark Brotherhood. Now an agile assassin and loyal servant of the Brotherhood.

Jaymor Bloodthirst - Imperial Dragonknight - A powerful Imperial warrior whose loyalties lie with the Pact after the fall of Cyrodiil and the Empire.

Zelma - Bosmer Nightblade - A lonely thief who escaped from her norm life in Valenwood in the hopes of finding hidden treasures and wealth.

ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE!! (EU Server)
GT: Freshj15
  • Bone_Demon
    Bone_Demon
    ✭✭✭
    2H as buff bar would be better
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Start out with 2H, then level bow, then 1H&S.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I would recommend the bow for boss fights and if you plan on doing endgame and PvP
    N64 NA EP
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer levels bow quickly. 2 hand has great utility and bow has good range options and dot damage. I think both are equally important to have leveled up though I can't stand using 2 handed weapons. I would level bow and put a 2 handed skill that you don't use on your bar to do both simultaneously
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2h and bow is great on stam Nb.

2h gives you a weapon damage buff out of combat, heal over time and burst heal. Also gives you a physical execute that scales properly with where you'll be putting most your cp. Killing with it also boosts stam regen by 30% for 10 seconds. That's huge in 1vX.

Bow obviously gives you range. Also, it gives you major expedition (increased speed) when dodgerolling. Double take also gives you this. But, double take is magica. You won't have a lot on a Stam build.

Cloak and fear are way way better use of magica than double take. So I switched. I ran shuffle instead of double take for my dodge chance, then roll with a bow for speed. Shuffle also removes snares. So shuffle then cloak and everything is gone. No dots or snares. I'm using my big stamina pool for dodge and speed now, freeing up magica for cloak and fear. It made a huge difference in my survivability. Really did.

I really like 2h and bow. You lose out on steel tornado as an aoe by not going dual wield, but I don't see aoes as a big deal on stam Nb like other classes. Cloak, burst someone down, cloak burst someone down.

While sword and board gives you some tankiness, you have other ways to mitigate damage. Cloak, fear, dodge chance, speed, physical and spell buffs up pretty much all the time...
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 1, 2016 10:52AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Brrrofski sum's it up quiet nicely.

the one reason i use dw is for the 2nd enchant proc with heavy attacks. if you heavy attack a lot, fear with the ruffian passive goes a long way and will give you back some resources as well.

you do loose that 2h regen using dw but if you play a get in and get out assassin, dw and 2h buff bar gets the job done pretty well.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on February 1, 2016 3:50PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not need Sword and Board unless you specifically want to tank group content. Some use in PvP, but I dont think you need it as a stamina NB.

I would level all your stam weapon classes. DW is first priority for sure. I would then probably go bow for the versatility of being at ranged, then level 2H. The biggest use for 2H as a stamblade is Rally for the damage buff and heal. You just dont need it while leveling, but if you find you really need heals, this is the solution.

I run DW/Bow when I DPS in PvE, I run DW/2H in most PvP, and I run 2H/bow occasionally in PvP. Its really hard to give up rally in Cyrodiil. Unless soloing difficult content, you are better off on focusing on straight damage in PvE, which is definitely DW/Bow.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Probably 2h to get the major brutality ability.
    I would suggest you also level bow sometime later in case you want to use it.
    Edited by Acsvf on February 2, 2016 9:59AM
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!