The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial - Dragonknight creation - weapons and play style...

Keneun
Keneun
Soul Shriven
Most of the my mmorpg play time I was playing with some sort of mages, sorcerers, etc. Now i would like to try more melee characters. So, I am looking for advice which attributes, skills, weapons are preferable for leveling? Sword and shield looks nice, and dual wield. I would like to avoid staffs, two hand weapons and Sorcerer like play style, if it is possible... I could use bow for second weapon set.

I have red some posts about Imperial, dragonknight combination, and I think that for melee character I should be using stamina. Please feel free to advice me.
I am casual player. Most of the time i will play pve. ESO gives to players a lot of choice, so I don't know how to start this journey... :)

I hope that my choices are feasible for race-class choice...

Tanks in advance.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Keneun
    I can send you a clip to show you what I use if that's ok with you .I'm a DK Redguard and I use stamina for my damage. The only thing here is that I'm not sure if you're trying to tank or wanting DPS, then again you said bow second bar so that's pretty much saying DPS to me.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I currently use (http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Maxwell/video/14273796)

What I use in action + Skills I use on each bar.
    (http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Maxwell/video/14332020)

Bar 1:
    Critical rush - Good Close the gap that deals extra damage based on distance travel
    Fossilize - Good for wasting your enemies stamina even though it's high magic cost will hurt you a bit
    Executioner - Good for lack of a decent executing ability. Provides damage increase when targets are at low Hp threshold
    Wrecking Blow - Great Damage dealing skill when used correctly and has Empower (20% after hitting with skill for next attack)
    Rally - Rally for HoT (Heal over time) and the extra damage increase (20% of your un-buffed weapon damage)
    Ultimate - Flawless dawnbreaker for extra 8% weapon damage

Bar 2:
    Caltrops - Good for AoE (Area of effect) damage, also good for slowing enemies down and getting enemies out of stealth
    Dragon fire scale- Reflects 4 projectiles in 4 seconds at enemies at a 35% extra damage rate
    Shuffle - removes snares and also provides major evade helping you dodge more damage
    Focus aim - good for getting players far out of close the gap range or out of range and deals high damage
    Vigor - Provides AoE Heals and heals yourself for more, combine with rally + Igenous and it's even better!
    Ultimate- Take flight for high AoE damage and also a good way to get enemies that are across the a structure.

These skills are all morphs and are fully maxed out.
    Also my second clip was made during lag so it's not fluid sorry :(
    Edited by MaxwellC on January 31, 2016 3:13AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Keneun
    Keneun
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks @MaxwellCrystal for swift reply.

I was asking about pve leveling. Only preference of mine is that i am trying to rely more on melee things because I always used some kind of magica characters. So, I am afraid that way to max level can be more complicated and inefficient if I arbitrary chose some melee weapon and priority skill line for my action bars...

I think, that late in game and as a guideline, your video/bar setup is going to be helpful. But for now, usually not spending time in PVP activities much (at all), so unlocking those skills will be hard.

When you mentioned Tank and DPS, I have on my mind some kind of wow raids and dungeons party setup. So I actually don't know what you mean by that. While I am in PVE, usually have to chose to strike high DPS at one mob and not to try to pull more, or using more aoe skills which I usually prefer more. But I don't know class nor race. Thats why I am asking for help because don't wan't to make a huge mistake that will make my gaming experience bad, as I stated above.