The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do people get such high stamina and stamina regen, but still have good weapon damage?

Feisty_Khajiit128
Feisty_Khajiit128
✭✭✭
I have wondered this for a long time, it seems I can only get one of them to be very high at a time. I use 5p hundings, 4p night mothers. Infused on big pieces, with divines on rest, along with max stamina enchants. On jewelry I have weapon damage. I use dw as well with weapon damage enchants. I use max stamina and health food. I have 20k max stamina, 12k max health, 800 stamina regeneration, and 2.4k weapon damage. (Unbuffed) Am I missing something? (P.S. I am a vr10 nb)
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
Imperial Templar- V1
Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
Dunmer Nightblade- Lvl 19 (WIP)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P.S. I am a vr10 nb
    This mainly answers it. From v14-v16 the stats you get from your gear will get a huge boost. Just upgrading aweapon from v16 purple to v16 gold will provide about the same amount of weapon damage as your hundings rage set.
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, gold great at rank 16 with gold enchants make a huge difference.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S. I am a vr10 nb
    This mainly answers it. From v14-v16 the stats you get from your gear will get a huge boost. Just upgrading aweapon from v16 purple to v16 gold will provide about the same amount of weapon damage as your hundings rage set.

this
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the above - if you use both 5 hunding and 4 night mother's gaze, then you sacrificed four set bonus slots for nothing but critical chance, which means you have neither stamina, stam regen nor weapon damage in those slots, and that's gotta show somewhere.

I would consider at least replacing the night mother's gaze with morkuldin 4-piece (or shield breaker 4-piece if that's easier for you to get)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle levelling isn't a good way to determine your end-game stats. When I finally reached VR16 I noticed my stam regen was through the roof (like over 3k), but my weapon damage was extremely low.
    While battle levelled I generally use a mixture of Hunding's and Night Silence (for the stam regen), but obviously that would change once I lose battle levelling.
    Just grind it out and wait until you lose that "buff" before worrying too much about your stats man.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only enchant one weapon with damage enchants they don't stack
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Only enchant one weapon with damage enchants they don't stack
    This I didn't know.
  • Shelgon
    Shelgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    3.6-4k is the weapon damage you want on a stam, once you hit 3.6k, you can start going for regen, use the new Food/Drink which gives Max Health/Stam recovery, use 1 or 2 stam recovery glyphs and 1 weapon damage glyph.

For weapons, I'm assuming this is for pvp, you should use Disease and Weapon Damage(or Crusher) enchants on dual wield.

If you're one of the max stamina master races (Redguard or Imperial) with all stamina on everything, you should have about 31-33k stamina without food.

As for what I run, 4.2k weapon damage and 39k stamina, i run food.
    V16 Templar - Shelgon - DC
    V16 Dragonknight - The Secutor - DC
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shelgon wrote: »
    3.6-4k is the weapon damage you want on a stam, once you hit 3.6k, you can start going for regen, use the new Food/Drink which gives Max Health/Stam recovery, use 1 or 2 stam recovery glyphs and 1 weapon damage glyph.

For weapons, I'm assuming this is for pvp, you should use Disease and Weapon Damage(or Crusher) enchants on dual wield.

If you're one of the max stamina master races (Redguard or Imperial) with all stamina on everything, you should have about 31-33k stamina without food.

It depends on how you play. How much regen are you rocking?

Some people have like 1400 regen. I can't play with that. I roll a lot, use caltrops, buff with rally and shuffle, keep vigor up etc. Honestly I need like 2k regen min. My Dk is 2200ish, nb is 2100ish and my stam Sorc is 2350ish, 2600ish on dual wield. I feel like I need that much in them.

I play solo or in small groups of like 5. Usually outnumbered, so regen is really important. As long as I got 3k weapon damage min, I still hit hard enough to take people out with good combos. With so little regen, i'd kill one guy then have no stam left for the next.

So what works for one person might not work for the next.

But OP, at v16, even at v10 with purple gear at your level and battle levelled in Cyrodiil, you'll easilly have with 2k regen, 26k stam, 20k health and 3k weapon damage no matter what race you are. If your redguard, wood elf, orc, imperial, you can bump them by quite a bit.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also run lower regen if your willing to drink potions every time they are off cool down and you have your alchamey passives maxed.

This is super expensive for PVP or PVE in both gold to buy the potions or time to farm the mats but potions do give 20 % regen bonuses for 40 to 45 seconds.

Honestly NB amped Sorcs have the best passive so and abilities for stam regen, followed closely by DK's passive where one of three tree lines abilities give 5 % stam back on each use plus battle roar passive is nice. Stamplars get the short end repentance is supposed to be your regen but it only works on dead bodies, long no add boss fights and 1 v 1 or vX really hurts on a stamplar.

You can play with each class,

Night Blades siphoning paired with an AOE like arrow barrage or caltrops returns nice resources
    Sorcs can run bound armorments and get extra regen and larger resouce pool or atronarch.
    DK, earthen heart passives and battle roar
    Templars have repentance

Work around those and balancing weapon damage and regen helps a lot, I've honestly found DK has easily the most active and fun system of resource management, carry a expensive ult and a low cost ult, need a lot of resources burn the expensive one need a little burn the cheaper one. Run blood spawn once you get it and generate ult pretty quick or run engine guardian and every time it gives you magic span an earthen heart ability to get stam its a very active play style.
    Edited by acw37162 on January 31, 2016 3:56AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    enchantments on VR14-16 gear, gold level, certain sets that give damage and regain, as well as food, potion buffs, abilities that give the corresponding buffs, and a few other things I may or may not have missed
    Edited by Cody on January 31, 2016 6:33AM
  • Shelgon
    Shelgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Shelgon wrote: »

It depends on how you play. How much regen are you rocking?

Some people have like 1400 regen. I can't play with that. I roll a lot, use caltrops, buff with rally and shuffle, keep vigor up etc. Honestly I need like 2k regen min. My Dk is 2200ish, nb is 2100ish and my stam Sorc is 2350ish, 2600ish on dual wield. I feel like I need that much in them.

I play solo or in small groups of like 5. Usually outnumbered, so regen is really important. As long as I got 3k weapon damage min, I still hit hard enough to take people out with good combos. With so little regen, i'd kill one guy then have no stam left for the next.

So what works for one person might not work for the next.

But OP, at v16, even at v10 with purple gear at your level and battle levelled in Cyrodiil, you'll easilly have with 2k regen, 26k stam, 20k health and 3k weapon damage no matter what race you are. If your redguard, wood elf, orc, imperial, you can bump them by quite a bit.

what's regen?

jokes aside, im fully aware, some people just can't play with low regen, however, i do think that everyone, at some point in time should try to play with low regen, it can do nothing but help you play a bit better and force teach good resource management.

With the setup I said he should run above he would have about 2.4-2.6k regen with 2 stam recovery glyphs, as well as 3.4-3.6k weapon damage, which I think is a good balance.
    V16 Templar - Shelgon - DC
    V16 Dragonknight - The Secutor - DC
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'd like to know the secret, eh? Redguard+300 CP Minimum. And, well, of course decent gear. Even with my purple v15 gear I have 2.6K stam regen, 3.4K weapon damage buffed, and 29K max stam.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade