The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any Ideas, Magic DK against Wreckling Blow Spammer?

SUNMorph
SUNMorph
✭✭
Hy,

iam playing an Mag DK, i know its not the Best PvP Class, i win Fights and i loose also Fights.

But i have no Chance against WB Spammer, i have more Problems against them as against NB or Shielding Sorc.

I am running near the same Setup as Etaniels Mag DK.

My Stam is around 15K, cant block that often.

If iam using my Immovability Potion i can live against them, but when the 16s are over, iam dead again.

Any Ideas and Hints?

Thx
Edited by SUNMorph on January 28, 2016 12:52PM
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    SUNMorph wrote: »
    Etaniels Mag DK.
    Your problem...

On topic, to succeed as a Magicka DK, your positioning and movement has to be top-notch. From what you're saying, I can only imagine you're trying to survive with some added whip spam. You need to push the WB Spammer on the backfoot, not yourself. Most of this comes from experience.

You have two abilities to help, Talons and Ash Cloud. One rooting, the other snaring. You need to pressure the WB Spammer and not allow him to constantly hit you. Ash Cloud will slow their movement so you're able to kite around them more easily, cancelling their WB casts. Talons allows you to position behind the WB Spammer consistently, also draining their stamina if they keep trying to get out of it. You can also walk through the spammer to cancel his casts. Use your DoTs to increase your pressure, and don't forget the classic Meteor > Fossilise when you have the opportunity. As contrary as it may be, whip should not be used as a spammable skill in PvP like SA and WB of you'll run out of magicka fast. Smart whips when you can get the most out of it.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get more stam reg to be able to endlessly break free its more efficient to be hit and break free instead of blocking his attacks 1200 will do wonders...
    stay as close to him as possible to deny a few WBs by moving through or inside him breaking his LOS (do not roll dodge that plays into his hand thx to the increased WB range)
    aply a heal debuff and no desease weapon do not do that (if you have to use revbating bash even as a magica user)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am about to say is pretty much the same as @Praeficere 's post.

Uppercut is a cast time attack so breaking line of sight (LOS) will cancel it. Players lack collision physics to reduce server strain so you can run/walk straight through opposing players, quickly breaking LOS. To facilitate this, snare or root opposing players to limit their ability to keep you in front and in LOS. The downside to running through rather than around is it also breaks your own LOS, so cast time or channel attacks are not an option. As a Magicka Dragonknight, I assume you are using exclusively instant cast attacks, making LOS breaks not an issue. In conjunction with a snare/root you can also circle strafe to break LOS. Circle strafing maintains your LOS while breaking the opponent's but a movement speed difference is necessary to prevent the opponent from counter circle strafing.
    Edited by Ffastyl on January 28, 2016 1:07PM
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roots are acutally very effective vs stamina builds, it will drain their stam if they keep dodging out, even if they spam shuffle its gonna cost alot of stam.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use deep breath to interupt --- oh wait a second it cannot be interupted. But on the other hand it can interupt Templars healing ultimate which is interuptable as WB.
    Because I can!
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC during cast time, unless you're built for it... Don't just sit there and block. Talons and stay behind the player, just walk through... You waste time trying to walk around. If you must block.. Only time it for when it'll hit you, constantly apply CC
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • SUNMorph
    SUNMorph
    ✭✭
    Thx for the Hints, i will try my best.

Didnt have Ash Cloud in my SoloSetup, i give it a try.

• SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have a problem with WB on my MagDK, but it's the bane of my MagTemp's existence.

Anyway, my counter to WB is usually to Chain pull (yes I use chains), Talon, then roll out. I always try to root them and stay behind them so they can't target me, root and roll man. Invest some CP into Tumbling.

Another important thing would be to make sure you have stam pots on deck that you can pop just in case a WB gets you while you are low.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    I don't really have a problem with WB on my MagDK, but it's the bane of my MagTemp's existence.

Anyway, my counter to WB is usually to Chain pull (yes I use chains), Talon, then roll out.
    So wouldn't Aurora Javelin work in place of Chains, and Blazing Spear work in place of Talons? I am guessing not since you probably have tried that.

Edited by tinythinker on January 28, 2016 8:18PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like people have mentioned block -> talons -> move behind them. Just cycle this and a stun. Control them because yes they can do some serious dmg.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    You have to use your speed as a Mag DK
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway, my counter to WB is usually to Chain pull (yes I use chains), Talon, then roll out.
    So wouldn't Aurora Javelin work in place of Chains, and Blazing Spear work in place of Talons? I am guessing not since you probably have tried that.

It works once, but Temps don't have a good root like Talons, so it's a one and done. You can use the spears or javelin but after they break free you still can't hold them in place with any roots. You are forced to attempt to either out DPS them or run.

The use of chains will interrupt the WB and pull them in, giving a brief moment to talon then roll. Chain part is really not even necessary to be honest, I tend to use it a lot, but root and roll is main thing.
    Edited by SneaK on January 28, 2016 8:43PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SneaK

On my magicka templar, I use Reflective Light/Vampire's Bane for the snare, this lets you kite with Puncturing Sweep.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »
    @SneaK

On my magicka templar, I use Reflective Light/Vampire's Bane for the snare, this lets you kite with Puncturing Sweep.

Interesting/thx, I used to use that in PvP awhile ago when I was leveling, I will have to try it out again. It does buff crit too, so that's another bonus!
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lil_Willie wrote: »
    You have to use your speed as a Mag DK

I see what you did there :trollface:
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may use Trapping Webs instead of ash cloud as a snare.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Like everyone is saying you just need to utilize your cc's and positioning as well as block. Sometimes i use mist form as soon as they are about to hit me if I don't want to waste stamina.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »
    @SneaK

Interesting/thx, I used to use that in PvP awhile ago when I was leveling, I will have to try it out again. It does buff crit too, so that's another bonus!

Remember that normal WB'er takes care of his WB - he wants to counter your snares or kiting. And he grabs his caltrops or own snares or roots (encase or talons, for example).
    As magplar, I'd recommend to increase your sustain (mag and stam regen), coz you will heal alot but even 15k BoL's won't help you against massive damage dealers. Invest some CP into Tumbling as it has already been said and use immovable pots with Major Expedition buff.
    Anyway I think that magplar is more vulnurable to WB'ers than any other spec.

nota bene:
    Snares from reflective\vampre's bane don't work against damage shields.
    Edited by Ashamray on January 29, 2016 12:52AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    snare the WB spammer and keep to their sides.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if the wb'er know what he's doing and isn't just a random pug using 1 button win, theres not much you can do.

If they snare you with caltraps/ stampede thats going to be a problem and they'll get rid of your snare with shuffle...

Plus if a dk fossilize + wb will put you in a bad position.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SUNMorph wrote: »
    Hy,

iam playing an Mag DK, i know its not the Best PvP Class, i win Fights and i loose also Fights.

But i have no Chance against WB Spammer, i have more Problems against them as against NB or Shielding Sorc.

I am running near the same Setup as Etaniels Mag DK.

My Stam is around 15K, cant block that often.

If iam using my Immovability Potion i can live against them, but when the 16s are over, iam dead again.

Any Ideas and Hints?

Thx

You can simply let your bud NB or Sorc deal with WB spammers.....WB is useless against those classes.

If you are talking 1v1 fights then there isn't any good countering against WB for your mag DK except kiting.
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    They need to buff Magic DKs.