The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

End Game Stamina Nightblade Build- PvE DPS (Updated for Clockwork City)

• Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the coefficients for most of my kit;

C7gGxbx.png

3 piece hundings and 1 kena would activate 967 stamina set bonus and 129 weapon damage bonus which equates to 1162 stamina and 176 weapon damage after amps. Simply multiplying that by my coefficients gives an overall DPS value. Let's apply that to my kit on the bloodspawn and see how close I come to Nerien.

Overall those two set bonuses when applied to my kit's coefficients and multiplied by how many of those attacks I pulled off, I would have dealt an additional 31168 damage (missing a little bit for the poisoned status scaling and shooting star) but compared to the 85936 damage Lich Crystal did on that fight, there is no comparison. If you add on the missing damage you're about half of the efficiency of Lich Crystal, which means I would have only needed 5 Lich Crystals to proc in that time. 5 Lich Crystals in 1 minute with ~78 chances to proc (if you add up the amount of non dot sources + initial hits for DoTs in my parse you get that) on 10% chance per hit means I could have Nerieneth be proccing LESS than it states, and it would still beat basic stats.

@Shadzilla here's some math behind my answer for your question[/quote]

I appreciate the calculations. I was more or less trying to find where to draw the line pending on poor gear options. For instance, a good friend of mine has a few helms and shoulders. None medium and all with horrible traits... Also has yet to acquire a bow. So he would be having to run 5-1-1 instead of 7 medium. The sustainability/crit running 7 medium gives is pretty noticeable so I can see that aspect. Plus losing 2 divines traits would hurt shadow a bit, and the fact that his bow wouldn't be giving him anything. He isn't even running hundings either, runs 1 kena 3 ashen. Trade off there being 2 damage bonuses vs 1 crit bonus and the nerien proc. He's just OCD about his gear being all divines and medium IMO. Regardless, I'm almost positive even in his case any v16 nerien would overpower his current setup from the numbers I have seen lately. Wish I could convince him to get off his lazy ass and do some testing tho.
    Edited by Shadzilla on February 3, 2016 8:47AM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you think this build will change based off the patch notes and new sets?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gear wise there's a lot to be examined and I haven't tested much other than if crit was working (which it is now) but this build is definitely not going to be feasible anymore. Stamina NB and all stamina classes except DK's are actually getting some really heavy indirect nerfs with this patch. Stamina NB just lost all of its resource management now that ground based AoE cannot trigger Siphoning Attacks, and it also made it so ground based AoE cannot proc Evil/Camo hunter. Overall lots of lost DPS and management with no redistribution of power. I am heavily considered shelving ESO based on the previous patches where stamina builds continuously get hammered the second they get close to being competitive.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty of vMA for stamblades after the patch will be so much harder as well...
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty of vMA for stamblades after the patch will be so much harder as well...

Yeah, as if it wasn't already hard enough compared to caster...
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gear wise there's a lot to be examined and I haven't tested much other than if crit was working (which it is now) but this build is definitely not going to be feasible anymore. Stamina NB and all stamina classes except DK's are actually getting some really heavy indirect nerfs with this patch. Stamina NB just lost all of its resource management now that ground based AoE cannot trigger Siphoning Attacks, and it also made it so ground based AoE cannot proc Evil/Camo hunter. Overall lots of lost DPS and management with no redistribution of power. I am heavily considered shelving ESO based on the previous patches where stamina builds continuously get hammered the second they get close to being competitive.

I highly suggest opening a thread in the PTS forums, if you have not already, regarding ground aoe triggering siphoning... I along with many friends will post in there begging ZOS to change it, highly doubt they would listen but its worth a shot.
  • harrytree
    harrytree
    Soul Shriven
    Cheers for the amount of effort that went into this build after reading it swapped over to neireth set and had a lot of success with it over the 1 kena 1 bloodspawn. Extremely disappointed with the change to sa no longer proccing off caltrops, looks like my night blade will be taking a bench seat this patch unfortunately, time to join the meta of kena overloading...
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭

So basically twisting path, caltrops, etc. will not proc siphoning attacks anymore? But you still get that 10% chance on sap essence and other AoEs?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So basically twisting path, caltrops, etc. will not proc siphoning attacks anymore? But you still get that 10% chance on sap essence and other AoEs?

Only one hit of the entire cast has a chance to proc it now. If you hit 1 enemy or 100, you'll only have 10% chance to regain the stamina.

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am heavily considered shelving ESO based on the previous patches where stamina builds continuously get hammered the second they get close to being competitive.

Thats sad to hear, but understandable. Dunno wtf ZOS are smoking, but its some potent ***!
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome build man! Some people on reddit were crying that stamina NB sucked for PvE. Immediately linked this topic.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue has khajiit passive been fixed on pts?
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue has khajiit passive been fixed on pts?

Yep all fixed

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until it goes live............then they break it again :p

• step1step2
    I haven't got neither a Maelstorm bow nor a Maelstorm dagger. I was looking for a guide like this for a long time. My current build is based on @Jeckll's guide.
    1qsHuTs.png

I just crafted new daggers for WGT and CoA only. What do you think of Truly Superb Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught (Deals 1428 Magicka Damage to Undead and Daedra)? Is it worth it? I want DPS only.
    Possible options:
    • Main Hand: Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught Off Hand: Glyph of Weapon Damage
    • Main Hand: Glyph of Weapon Damage Off Hand: Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught
    • Main Hand: Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught Off Hand: Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught
    • Main Hand: Glyph of Weapon Damage Off Hand: Glyph of Weapon Damage
    Edited by step1step2 on February 9, 2016 11:53PM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those enchants are a waste of time, don't waste your gold on them. Stick to increase wep damage, crushing or poison.
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on February 10, 2016 9:57AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    step1step2 wrote: »
    I haven't got neither a Maelstorm bow nor a Maelstorm dagger. I was looking for a guide like this for a long time. My current build is based on @Jeckll's guide.
    1qsHuTs.png

I just crafted new daggers for WGT and CoA only. What do you think of Truly Superb Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught (Deals 1428 Magicka Damage to Undead and Daedra)? Is it worth it? I want DPS only.
    Possible options:
    • Main Hand: Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught Off Hand: Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught

What addon is that btw?, seen it before, but cannot remember what it is hehe.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1qsHuTs.png

Possible options:

If you're only going to be fighting Daedra I wouldn't see the harm in it, although I personally prefer poison since it has a chance to proc the 2ndary effect poisoned which is a pretty decent DoT, as well as Venomous against vulnerable enemies, which can crit upwards of 15k. Definitely make sure you keep weapon damage in your main hand as you'll always hit with your MH at the start of combat, and keeping up that 174 WD (not including % scaling) up as much as possible is vital. The bonus damage from Onslaught is nice on Daedra but literally worthless on anything else, and does not have a bonus effect, which means it would be outshined most of the times.

• step1step2
    1qsHuTs.png

Possible options:

If you're only going to be fighting Daedra I wouldn't see the harm in it, although I personally prefer poison since it has a chance to proc the 2ndary effect poisoned which is a pretty decent DoT, as well as Venomous against vulnerable enemies, which can crit upwards of 15k. Definitely make sure you keep weapon damage in your main hand as you'll always hit with your MH at the start of combat, and keeping up that 174 WD (not including % scaling) up as much as possible is vital. The bonus damage from Onslaught is nice on Daedra but literally worthless on anything else, and does not have a bonus effect, which means it would be outshined most of the times.

Well I struggle with my DPS in these dungeons. I'm looking for a way I can improve my DPS. My single target melee DPS without Coltraps available is 10-17K. 17K is the maximum amount I can do using a macro (standing at one position, 50ms delay for animation canceling). I use V16 weapon dmg potions like everybody. The only way I can improve DPS is with champions points and gear. Don't get me wrong here. I always try to improve. However when I'm using a macro, there is really no way I can improve DPS in combat.
    Edited by step1step2 on February 10, 2016 4:55PM
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue

if I dnt have Vigor or Caltrops what can I substitute?

I'm already using all other skills, prior to reading your build, and I swapped to 2 bow new and those are great when I get tired of 2h, but 2h gives me Rally

thanks
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...17K is the maximum amount I can do using a macro (standing at one position, 50ms delay for animation canceling)...

Pretty sure that is a violation of the TOS. I'd be a little more reticent when it comes to that.

Macros=Cheating

• step1step2
    ...17K is the maximum amount I can do using a macro (standing at one position, 50ms delay for animation canceling)...

Pretty sure that is a violation of the TOS. I'd be a little more reticent when it comes to that.

Macros=Cheating

I disagree. The community of Eso is too small to ban people for using macros. Even tho' I was only using it for test purpose, I doubt I would get banned for abusing it PvP on a daily basis. There is no specific entry for using macros in the TOS whatsoever. Even if someone gets banned for using macros, he has still the ability to refund the account because of the judiciary of his country. So No! Using a macro is neither allowed nor prohibited.
    Edited by step1step2 on February 11, 2016 12:27AM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue

if I dnt have Vigor or Caltrops what can I substitute?

I'm already using all other skills, prior to reading your build, and I swapped to 2 bow new and those are great when I get tired of 2h, but 2h gives me Rally

thanks

If you don't have vigor then there's not much you can really run in the ways of self healing at the moment, you could try blood craze instead of rending slashes, but nothing is going to compare to it. Definitely make that a priority to get.

As for caltrops, you can pick something like twisting path up if you're having resource management issues and just pop Siphoning Attacks when it's down, it'll help you generate a little extra bit of resources every 5 seconds or so, especially in AoE. If you're not having resource issues then that slot is pretty open to whatever you want to run. Since it's on the bow bar you could slot bombard/acid spray for kiting, as I often use caltrops for its snare as well. Overall those aren't really abilities that have good fill ins, and should be worked towards immediately as they offer great power boosts for what their intended purpose is. Caltrops is a great little boost to AoE DPS, kiting potential, and resource management (until Thieves Guild) and Vigor is the only heal stamina has going for it that doesn't require a weapon, and even rally doesn't come close.

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Extremely well written and tons of info.However,there's just too much work to building it.Personally,I play for the fun of it,not to make it a job.
    Thank you,though,for bringing it to the forums,as there are people here who need help with their builds.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am rank 3 in alliance war, I will probably attempt PvP again to get those skills

I made mistake joining VR PvP with a lvl30 lol

thanks!
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Extremely well written and tons of info.However,there's just too much work to building it.Personally,I play for the fun of it,not to make it a job.
    Thank you,though,for bringing it to the forums,as there are people here who need help with their builds.

Everyone has their own version of enjoyment they take away from things, this is one of mine. This is how I have fun, taking information and breaking it down and weighing pros and cons, etc. I love doing math and maximizing efficiency, otherwise I feel like I'm just weighing myself or others down, which is not fun to me at all. To each their own.

• JacobyRust
    JacobyRust
    ✭✭
    What is the critical increase from purple to gold stat wise? Is it pretty significant or minuscule?
  • Cu'chulainn
    Has anyone heard of the khajiit crit passive getting fixed for the thieves guild update?
    V16 Breton Magblade
    V16 Bosmer Stamblade
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JacobyRust wrote: »
    What is the critical increase from purple to gold stat wise? Is it pretty significant or minuscule?

Set bonus crit rating change from purple to gold will not be noticed, since it only increases fractions of a percent, which the in game tool does not look at.

However if you have multiple set bonuses going from purple to gold you may notice a few % increases.
    Has anyone heard of the khajiit crit passive getting fixed for the thieves guild update?

I've tested it on the PTS and it's all in working order.

• Cu'chulainn
    I've tested it on the PTS and it's all in working order.

Ahh awesome , you thinking about incorporating any of those new sets into your build? Also this is more of a pve based build right, or you think it performs equally well in PvP? Or would redguard or imperial be better for PvP?
    V16 Breton Magblade
    V16 Bosmer Stamblade
This discussion has been closed.