The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

End Game Stamina Nightblade Build- PvE DPS (Updated for Clockwork City)

• KamakaziYardbird
    Hey, how is everyone good post going. I have posted a while back, but finally did VMA, still working on the right trait for the dagger. But I have just been trying new sets and I haven't seen anything about the Toothrow set. Has anyone tried It? I feel it would be better than Levs
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, how is everyone good post going. I have posted a while back, but finally did VMA, still working on the right trait for the dagger. But I have just been trying new sets and I haven't seen anything about the Toothrow set. Has anyone tried It? I feel it would be better than Levs

I use Toothrow and I personally felt I got better results than with Leviathan when I tested whole sets of each with comparable (but not perfect) traits. I use FTC but I am not the most scientific at capturing and analysing information however, so caveat emptor!

I still need to get perfect traits across the set and upgrade Toothrow to Gold so at the moment I am using:

5 x NMG (part gold)
    3 x Toothrow (jewellery)
    2 x Hundings gold daggers (can't be bothered with vMA)
    2 x Skoria

I'll be doing some Wayrest farming this weekend and will move to 5 x NMG and 5 x Toothrow if I get divine on 1 remaining piece.
    Edited by raglau on December 1, 2016 8:56AM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only time Toothrow is decent is if you aren't activating Major Savagery via potions, which doesn't make much sense other than to save money or if you're PvPing. I would never suggest running that set in content to be taken seriously, since you should be using potions off cooldown in those instances.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Seraj
    Seraj
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, I've been following this thread a while and I've gotta say it's helped me with my Redguard NB build a lot.

Few questions I couldn't find the answer to so far;

1) What glyphs do you recommend on your jewelry? I'm currently running 1x wep damage 2x stamina recovery, I don't have much of a resource problem usually so contemplating going all wep damage

2) What glyphs on weapons if no Maelstrom? I currently have poison damage on one dagger and the bow and increased power on the other dagger.

3) Do you make use of the undaunted mettle passive? Is there much DPS difference there? If so, would it be good to have for vMA at least? its a choice between 4% health and stam vs increased crit and damage from medium passives.

4) I know that you dislike the bow ult as its a channeling skill and can be interrupted, but what do you make of the morph ballista? It shoots off seperately, can't be interrupted and deals a pretty decent amount of single target damage.

5) Lastly, I will be trying vMA for the first time soon, how does this build sound? 5x Night mother, 5/4x Vicious ophidian, 2x Velidreth

I wanted to run Valkyns for the health boost but it's been a pain trying to get the shoulders at all in a half decent trait.

Thanks for the great guide
    Edited by Seraj on December 9, 2016 9:42AM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraj wrote: »
    Hey, I've been following this thread a while and I've gotta say it's helped me with my Redguard NB build a lot.

Few questions I couldn't find the answer to so far;

1) What glyphs do you recommend on your jewelry? I'm currently running 1x wep damage 2x stamina recovery, I don't have much of a resource problem usually so contemplating going all wep damage

2) What glyphs on weapons if no Maelstrom? I currently have poison damage on one dagger and the bow and increased power on the other dagger.

3) Do you make use of the undaunted mettle passive? Is there much DPS difference there? If so, would it be good to have for vMA at least? its a choice between 4% health and stam vs increased crit and damage from medium passives.

4) I know that you dislike the bow ult as its a channeling skill and can be interrupted, but what do you make of the morph ballista? It shoots off seperately, can't be interrupted and deals a pretty decent amount of single target damage.

5) Lastly, I will be trying vMA for the first time soon, how does this build sound? 5x Night mother, 5/4x Vicious ophidian, 2x Velidreth

I wanted to run Valkyns for the health boost but it's been a pain trying to get the shoulders at all in a half decent trait.

Thanks for the great guide

1) Full weapon damage if you're 561 CP and running 5 VO. You can also get away with 3 WD enchants if you're in a group with a Templar, without needing to wear 5 VO and having 300+ CP.

2) Increase Weapon Damage on MH dagger and Poison damage OH dagger. Bow enchant can be anything you want, but really try working on at least getting a Maelstrom or Master bow (Maelstrom preferred).

3) I only run 5/1/1 in vMA to get above 16k health. Aside from that it's just a free 2% health & stam when wearing 7 medium, since the crit is much better than the stam.

4) Ballista loses to Shooting Star in terms of overall damage capabilities, but Ballista is very nice for bursting single targets (think round 8 boss of VMA)

5) 5 NMG 5 VO 2 Velidreth is the optimal setup for vMA on any stamina character.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagging this post for later. Going to be hitting cp160 very shortly and need to start thinking about some beginner setups for both PvE to hopefully upgrade gear and PvP.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated some text, added images for gear setups, straightened up formatting.

• gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue

Good stuff!

In the dps parse video, are you using maelstrom daggers?
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue

Good stuff!

In the dps parse video, are you using maelstrom daggers?

Yes, I was wearing 5 NMG, 5 VO, 2 Maelstrom daggers + bow. You could easily pull more DPS with 2 Kra'ghs or Velidreth instead of Vicious.

• TheMadKingPeyton
    TheMadKingPeyton
    Soul Shriven
    Awhile ago when you posted your stats was that buffed or unbuffed? If it was buffed can I see unbuffed to get an idea of where the baseline is for setting this up?
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awhile ago when you posted your stats was that buffed or unbuffed? If it was buffed can I see unbuffed to get an idea of where the baseline is for setting this up?

Buffed is just a Major Savagery+Brutality potion and Relentless Focus active. That should be the baseline for solo play, as there's no reason those buffs shouldn't be active.

• TheMadKingPeyton
    TheMadKingPeyton
    Soul Shriven

Buffed is just a Major Savagery+Brutality potion and Relentless Focus active. That should be the baseline for solo play, as there's no reason those buffs shouldn't be active.

Okay thank you I figured out what I was doing wrong when looking at my stats. I forgot to do my relentless focus which threw off my recovery and damage the tiniest smidge. Thank you so much for this build dude. I've been outputting so much more DPS now :)
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about viper sting? Outside of pvp enemies and bosses don't have a poison res. And this set crits often. Would this be a viable set with night mothers? 5 piece night mother 5 viper 1 kena. When criting viper can hit 14k+ on a decent crit chance.
    Edited by Shadowasrial on December 19, 2016 3:45PM
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    What about viper sting? Outside of pvp enemies and bosses don't have a poison res. And this set crits often. Would this be a viable set with night mothers? 5 piece night mother 5 viper 1 kena. When criting viper can hit 14k+ on a decent crit chance.

Viper is decent for solo play and vma but for end game group content, there are better sets. The problem is its cooldown. Because of this it is vastly put performed in aoe situations. Even compared to other proc sets like red mountain, it is sub par simply because of proc. Now for purely single target, it is not a bad set. It does well In vma because you'll mostly target one enemy at a time.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plenty of NPCs and enemies are resistant to poison. Undead and poisonous creatures (Snakes, Hoarvars, etc) are highly resistant to poison and reduce the efficiency. Plus Viper has no AoE potential, and the amount of single target situations in game are next to non existent, leaving this set rather lack luster.

• Paincake
    Paincake
    ✭✭

The only time Toothrow is decent is if you aren't activating Major Savagery via potions, which doesn't make much sense other than to save money or if you're PvPing. I would never suggest running that set in content to be taken seriously, since you should be using potions off cooldown in those instances.

I'm pretty new to ESO, and have been following your build and I've been wondering for days why the permanent Major Savagery of Toothrow's was not even mentioned. Well, then I saw this. So I finished leveling my NB Alchemist, looked up the recipes for the pot, and all I can see is Minor Savagery. How do you get Major buffs from a pot? I can find references to the major buffs, but I plug in all the ingredients and all the pot shows is a minor buff. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this for me. Oh, and please forgive the noob. =P
  • Paincake
    Paincake
    ✭✭
    Paincake wrote: »

I'm pretty new to ESO, and have been following your build and I've been wondering for days why the permanent Major Savagery of Toothrow's was not even mentioned. Well, then I saw this. So I finished leveling my NB Alchemist, looked up the recipes for the pot, and all I can see is Minor Savagery. How do you get Major buffs from a pot? I can find references to the major buffs, but I plug in all the ingredients and all the pot shows is a minor buff. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this for me. Oh, and please forgive the noob. =P

NVM. I was making a poison. XD
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question incoming!

So because Relentless Focus is a piece of crap in its current state to the point where a Rapid Strikes out DPSes the bow proc, and the healer is applying minor berserk anyway.... What are good options to replace it? Cripple (even though it scales of spell crit and spell pen)? Surprise Attack to spam instead of Rapid Strikes after all DoTs are empowered and applied allowing for an extra weave and giving some resistances and health? Camo Hunter for the weapon damage?

What I was thinking is:
    Rapids > Trap > Hail > Injection > Rapids > Slashes > Surprise Attack x3 or x4 > restart

Surprise Attack weaves are quicker than Rapid Strikes so it may end up a DPS increase because you can fit in more weaves...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question incoming!

So because Relentless Focus is a piece of crap in its current state to the point where a Rapid Strikes out DPSes the bow proc, and the healer is applying minor berserk anyway.... What are good options to replace it? Cripple (even though it scales of spell crit and spell pen)? Surprise Attack to spam instead of Rapid Strikes after all DoTs are empowered and applied allowing for an extra weave and giving some resistances and health? Camo Hunter for the weapon damage?

What I was thinking is:
    Rapids > Trap > Hail > Injection > Rapids > Slashes > Surprise Attack x3 or x4 > restart

Surprise Attack weaves are quicker than Rapid Strikes so it may end up a DPS increase because you can fit in more weaves...

Rapid Strikes out DPS Surprise Attack per cast in raids since armor shreds and scaling from thaumaturge + mighty allows Rapid to reach higher places. In terms of replacement, you're best off putting something like Vigor or Blade Cloak to assist in staying alive, since Stamina builds are extremely squishy.

If you're in a 4 man however, Surprise Attack will seem to have higher DPS since it deals with burst damage and lower HP pools, so your idea could work there.

• gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue ANy thoughts on what to adjust to cope with update 13 changes? Or too soon?
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue ANy thoughts on what to adjust to cope with update 13 changes? Or too soon?

Nothing but nerfs to crit and no way to redistribute power has pretty much killed stam and stamina nightblade especially. Hopefully there'll be something to help the stamblade before Update 13 goes live, because if not they're going to be the #1 worst DPS in game.

• Seraj
    Seraj
    Soul Shriven

Nothing but nerfs to crit and no way to redistribute power has pretty much killed stam and stamina nightblade especially. Hopefully there'll be something to help the stamblade before Update 13 goes live, because if not they're going to be the #1 worst DPS in game.

I'm a tad confused after reading the patch notes, from what I gathered, most the notes were in our favour, could you link me to which notes caused a hit to crit?
  • Duxes
    Duxes
    ✭✭✭

This saddens me very much as my main is a khajiit stamblade.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question incoming!

What I was thinking is:

Rapid Strikes out DPS Surprise Attack per cast in raids since armor shreds and scaling from thaumaturge + mighty allows Rapid to reach higher places. In terms of replacement, you're best off putting something like Vigor or Blade Cloak to assist in staying alive, since Stamina builds are extremely squishy.

If you're in a 4 man however, Surprise Attack will seem to have higher DPS since it deals with burst damage and lower HP pools, so your idea could work there.

Yes I know about the fact that Rapids out DPS Surprise attack. I've been doing some tests in my rotation an found that you can squeeze in an extra surprise attack weave before reapplying the DoTs. So with Rapid strikes i could weave 4 times and then I reapplied my Trap, Hail etc. With surprise attack however, I could do 4 SA, 1 rapid strikes and then apply my dots. So basically, surprise attack is lower DPS, BUT you get an extra weave!

I already run both blade cloak and vigor!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question incoming!

What I was thinking is:

Yes I know about the fact that Rapids out DPS Surprise attack. I've been doing some tests in my rotation an found that you can squeeze in an extra surprise attack weave before reapplying the DoTs. So with Rapid strikes i could weave 4 times and then I reapplied my Trap, Hail etc. With surprise attack however, I could do 4 SA, 1 rapid strikes and then apply my dots. So basically, surprise attack is lower DPS, BUT you get an extra weave!

I already run both blade cloak and vigor!

You'd get more DPS simply by slotting an Assassination or Fighter's Guild ability for passive amps than what you can squeeze out with that weave.

• Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭

the fact @Gilliamtherogue is the one saying this makes me want to bench the stamblade for good, even though its my favourite char. </3

@Gilliamtherogue thank you for your service to the nightblades though. Your build helped me understand my class much better when i first reached lvl 50.
  • Swainyboy
    Swainyboy
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently trying to run a build on my stamblade very very similar to yours. My question is, how have you gotten such high crit and weapon damage with the current build? I have my skills down, my rotation is pretty tight but i feel i am lacking the numbers that you have here.

gfQUcme.png[/quote]

Edited by Swainyboy on January 17, 2017 2:13PM
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    Swainyboy wrote: »
    I am currently trying to run a build on my stamblade very very similar to yours. My question is, how have you gotten such high crit and weapon damage with the current build? I have my skills down, my rotation is pretty tight but i feel i am lacking the numbers that you have here.

http://i.imgur.com/gfQUcme.png

is your gear gold and do you have the right enchs?
    here's my parse with a similar build, you can see the stats in the middle as avg and max

tOdd4I8.jpg
    Edited by Lashiing on January 17, 2017 5:07PM
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to say two things here:

1) Gilliam has been with this same class and race through the thick and the thin. When catpeople were literally worthless in PVE, when stamblade wasn't even a thing he stuck with it and provided everyone with the means to stick with it as well.

2) I learned my entire theorycrafting methodology from following this thread.

Phenomenal work.
  • Merkhen
    Merkhen
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the guide :)

kCat NB coming back to the game after 2 years.

at start stam nb builds weren't great, but they gave all the flavor we wanted for the claas, nice to see that someone makes the effort to keep this viable and explained in a way that returning player will understand :D
This discussion has been closed.