The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Clothing Skill

IronicCartoon
Hey all,

I have a question regarding the clothing skill. Mainly in that I would like to know the best and fastest way to level it up. Having looked around the internet I caught sight of the Daedric Breeches Light Armor and I love their look. However I'm only at Clothing Skill 9 and it seems to take a good while to level that skill. So I just want to know what will get my Clothing skill up the fastest. Just so it's known, I do intend to craft a 2-Light/-5-Medium Armor "set" to use once I hit Vet 16, but for now I just want to get those Daedric Light Armor Breeches since they look pretty nice.

I'd ask to see if a more skilled Clothing Crafter would make them and help me out, BUT... I don't really see a place on the forums to request such nor do I really have a vast amount of gold(only about 3k gold) so I couldn't really pay much. That said IF, IF, IF a kind soul would like to help me out and make some Vet 5 Daedric Breeches Light Armor(again payment in gold would be very little as I only have 3k), my game details are listed below:

Platform: Xbox One
Alliance: Ebonhart Pact
GT: IronicCartoon
- The Pact Clan Guildmaster -
- Alliance: Ebonhart Pact -
- GT: HighClassSoda -
- Platform: Xbox One -
- Server: NA -
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decon any clothing gear you find,make and improve stuff too. It doesnt matter how low the gear is,but blue or green even gives good xp for leveling your crafting skills.
  • IronicCartoon
    Appreciate that advice. I tried doing the whole "sneak, steal, decon" I've seen others do but it seem more of a hassle than it's worth. But now I'm holding onto blues, greens and any other decent gear to decon. Just want to be able to craft me those Daedric Breeches, lol. Kinda regret running most of the game ignoring crafting.
    - The Pact Clan Guildmaster -
    - Alliance: Ebonhart Pact -
    - GT: HighClassSoda -
    - Platform: Xbox One -
    - Server: NA -
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Appreciate that advice. I tried doing the whole "sneak, steal, decon" I've seen others do but it seem more of a hassle than it's worth. But now I'm holding onto blues, greens and any other decent gear to decon. Just want to be able to craft me those Daedric Breeches, lol. Kinda regret running most of the game ignoring crafting.

Naah. Dont regret it.Now you have a whole new thing to get into.And something to look forward to.Daedric breeches! :}
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Ironic! I sent you a message through xbox - I'd be more than happy to meet up and talk through some tips on leveling clothing and the breeches you're after :)
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My clothing went up from 28 - 47 in 2 weeks just from deconstructing looted gear. So it might not even be necessary to craft and deconstruct other people's stuff. Intricate items are your biggest friends. If you grind/ farm sets for example you will find a lot of those.

IF however you do have a friend around the same level in crafting you can max it out much easier. Deltia has a nice guide on this :smile:

Stealing is not good since Orsinium (you need to launder to get full IP)

It is alright for farming mats, but there are better ways
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Furrelito
    Furrelito
    If you got the mats you could ask a friend to craft items for you which you later deconstruct.
    M'aiq and Cadwell baes are forever
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some nights I spend in IC arena, fight the bosses, collect the rewards, do the portal, back to the arena bosses repeate till inventory is full, and deconstruct everything I can. It levels clothing pretty good, theres no shortage, you get TV and soul gems, it collects a lot for you all at once.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fastest way I've found to level is buying intricate veteran rank 9+ items in guild stores to deconstruct. However, it's not cheap, so since you're short on gold.... pretty much the answer is decon everything you pick up. Also, if you find a crafting buddy with the same level of clothing as you, you can both help each-other level by crafting as much as you can with the highest materials you can craft with, exchange them and deconstruct them. You can also do this with two of your own characters - it still gets you more xp than deconning stuff made by the same character.