Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

need some advice

izJordy
izJordy
✭✭✭
i'm sorry for asking this, any race is good, any class is good blabla i know guys, i'm not asking about the class tho ima be a nightblade, but i'm not sure what race? i hope someone in here will give me some good advice, i'm going to be a stamina nightblade and i prob gonna pvp alot when vet 16, soo? any advice on race? tyvm!
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run Khajiit on my PvP stamblade, I like it a lot. Redguard, Bosmer and Imperial also work for stamina builds.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, there are two types of Nightblades, stamina and magicka based.
    Best for stamina (not if any specific order)
    Redguard- Has good stamina sustainability during long fights
    Imperial- Adds max health and stamina, along with adding a chance to restore health when you hit something
    Khajiit- Adds crit damage, increases damage done in stealth, and adds stamina regen which helps with general dps
    Bosmer- Increases damage done in stealth, adds stamina regen, and decreases poison and disease damage taken
    Orc- Adds some sprinting speed, max stamina and weapon damage
    I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
    Dunmer Nightblade- Lvl 19 (WIP)
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    I am not really sure about magicka races, but I would go Altmer (High Elf) or Breton.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
    Dunmer Nightblade- Lvl 19 (WIP)
  • izJordy
    izJordy
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I run Khajiit on my PvP stamblade, I like it a lot. Redguard, Bosmer and Imperial also work for stamina builds.

is imperial op? i do not have the dlc.. so i can't choose imperial as an option but if its really that good? i might just get the dlc? or can a wood elf be as good as an imperial? or is the imperial really a must need.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    izJordy wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »

is imperial op? i do not have the dlc.. so i can't choose imperial as an option but if its really that good? i might just get the dlc? or can a wood elf be as good as an imperial? or is the imperial really a must need.

Meh, it has some nice stat buffs but it's not required. I've been here since launch and I still haven't bought the imperial edition. I might when they add character slots though.

The differences between the races are very minimal, especially the differences between say Bosmer and Imperial for a stamina build. At end game when min/maxing everything they can make a difference but in general it doesn't matter. My Argonian templar can heal vet dungeons just as well as any High Elf or Breton out there.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Nightblade probably has the most possible options in terms of Race.

I personally love my Khajiit because of his bonuses but also.. KHAJIIT!

Any of the other races mentioned above are perfectly great in their own ways. The trick is to pick one and build towards their strengths.
    N64 NA EP
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    izJordy wrote: »
    i'm sorry for asking this, any race is good, any class is good blabla i know guys, i'm not asking about the class tho ima be a nightblade, but i'm not sure what race? i hope someone in here will give me some good advice, i'm going to be a stamina nightblade and i prob gonna pvp alot when vet 16, soo? any advice on race? tyvm!

For extra damage from stealth I would go wood elf for some max stamina and regen though for extra crit and health recovery go khajiit but either one is a great choice.
    Edited by imredneckson on January 21, 2016 2:30AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen all shapes and sizes of Nightblades,

Khajit is probably the one most played in cyrodiil.
    Bosmer, Redguard are also pretty well represented,

Orc should be a reasonable next choice,
    Darkelves as well....

I have also seen argonians as NB's and they really seem to do well...
    That extra swim speed really helps.. .no i mean the other part where you get a % of health, stamina and magicka when you drink a potion and their bonusses to healing..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer always seemed extra sneaky to me, so I choose that for NB fun.

but as others have said, you can pretty much make it work whatever your choice!
    *& when you start earning champion points you can acquire new and interesting passives
    Edited by Pheefs on January 21, 2016 10:34PM
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a stamina nightblade, Khajiit (when the passives are actually working; the extra crit % is currently broken) will actually provide the highest DPS in PvE, and that can also apply against many players in PvP.

However, with players running the impenetrable trait again or the Resistant CP passive, crit's effectiveness is diminished against many players. This would leave Redguard and imperial as the highest overall damage with Bosmer and Khajiit having the highest burst damage from stealth. Since you're going with a Nightblade, it's a good idea to keep the stealth damage bonuses in mind.

The last thing to focus in the racial choice would be regen. Khajiit, Redguard, and Bosmer all have helpful stamina regen passives. Redguard's 9% bonus is the lowest, but the adrenaline rush passive can push it past Khajiit in terms of sustain. Bosmer just has an incredible stam regen bonus which can just give it a complete edge in sustain or can allow more flexibility for stacking damage bonuses on armor.

Overall, if I was choosing a race for purely PvP, I'd probably go with Bosmer. For flexibility between PvP and BiS PvE, go with Khajiit.

*If you don't care to level other toons in the future and want some flexibility to go between stamina and caster with respecs, go with Dunmer.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters