Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

M'aiq in Shadowfen

Adzer2
Adzer2
✭✭✭
I'm trying to get the "i like M'aiq" achievement but i can't for the life of me find M'aiq in Shadowfen, ive checked all 3 locations in the UESP article multiple times and have waited at the locations too, still nothing
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:M'aiq_the_Liar

Anyone have any idea why i can't find him?
PS4 - EU - DC
Characters:
Adzer - Breton Templar
Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
Father Dori - Breton Templar
Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's random on the timing. My original character has the full achievement, and at times I might find him easily in 2-3 zones in a row and other times I might have to go back a dozen times.

This thread is useful as it comes with pics (some in the original post, some added further down): http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/95054/maiqs-words-of-wisdom-i-like-maiq-achievement-locations-of-maiq-in-every-zone
    Edited by tinythinker on January 19, 2016 12:26PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some zones he is reluctant to show up. Supposedly, he is supposed to be somewhere on the map at all times, moving from one spawn location to another. However I don't think that is the case, or not the case all the time.

Shadowfen was one of the more difficult places to find him, but he is there. Somewhere, eventually.

I also think he has more than 3 spawn points in that zone.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen references on all sites to those three locations in Shadowfen but ive checked over and over and nothing, have tried staying nearby, have tried travelling between the 3 at different times of day, am beginning to think this is glitched
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adzer2 wrote: »
    I've only seen references on all sites to those three locations in Shadowfen but ive checked over and over and nothing, have tried staying nearby, have tried travelling between the 3 at different times of day, am beginning to think this is glitched

Because he might be at a fourth location you don't know about. If he's up somewhere else on the map, he won't spawn anywhere else unless someone talks to him and makes him despawn.

Those are the 3 locations I have on screens. I remember I saw him in another one when rerolling, but I kinda stopped taking Maiq screens for a few month now, and i don't remember where it was :confused: .
    MaiqEbonIVShadowfena_zpse76f9eff.png

MaiqEbonIVShadowfenb_zps5701a5dd.png

Screenshot_20141219_183059_zpsdz9c7exr.png
    Edited by Usara on January 22, 2016 12:58PM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've talked to M'aiq in a few places,but how do you know if it is registering that you have talked to him at any one place? Does it show up in the achievements bit?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I've talked to M'aiq in a few places,but how do you know if it is registering that you have talked to him at any one place? Does it show up in the achievements bit?

Yes, in the General section of the Exploration (I think, it might just be under the General Tab) but its in the same section where the Lightbringer and Crime Pays and Give to the Poor are tallied. There are 16 encounters, one for each zone and Coldharbor, although I think only Maiq is in Coldharbor.

Of course, now that you know this, I have doomed your weekend to finishing those achievements.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    Got him finally!! He appeared under that tree in the North after 100 odd visits there
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Volkodav wrote: »

Yes, in the General section of the Exploration (I think, it might just be under the General Tab) but its in the same section where the Lightbringer and Crime Pays and Give to the Poor are tallied. There are 16 encounters, one for each zone and Coldharbor, although I think only Maiq is in Coldharbor.

Of course, now that you know this, I have doomed your weekend to finishing those achievements.....

Thank you for t his.Yes,I am now doomed. However,I will find him,..in all places. XD