Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is more of a sorc pvp question

Daedgaming
Daedgaming
✭✭✭
I just want to hear some input on my spec I have been testing. Here it is http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.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

If it doesn't work then here is the main rotation.
Bar 1- Destro Staff= Endless Fury, Crys frag, Restraining Prison, Pulsar, Boundless Storm, Ultimate- Energy Overload
Bar 2- Resto Staff=Hardened Ward, Harness Magicka, Bone Surge, Daedric Minefield, Healing Ward, Ultimate-Reviving Barrier

I will always try to get a pulsar off at the start of the fight to take away 10% max health, also to unstealth nightblades. I spam fury for frag procs, and I use prison if they get to close and also as a crowd control ability. I dislike the mage blink, magicka costs mostly, boundless storm gives me a nice speed increase and the nice little aoe; not to mention the defense bonus.
What I am asking though is for a discussion on Restraining Prison. My main damage will most likely come from energy overload, I know that. I am trying to make a control oriented small burst spec here where I can live forever and still have some burst when I need it. Thoughts? Open to suggestions obviously
GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

The main problem you are going to have is ultimate regen on bar one,
    You need a spamable skill that you can weave light and medium attacks with,

Bar 2 you have WAY too many wards and healing,
    Hardened ward,
    Harness magicka
    healing ward
    are probably more than you will ever need..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Hi,

The main problem you are going to have is ultimate regen on bar one,
    You need a spamable skill that you can weave light and medium attacks with,

Bar 2 you have WAY too many wards and healing,
    Hardened ward,
    Harness magicka
    healing ward
    are probably more than you will ever need..

I swapped the ultimate on bar 2 for the same on bar 1 so im just running energy overload now.
    GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

What i am saying is that you need to be able to weave light attacks with a skill...

You are using a destro staff which is good for weaving light and heavy attacks,
    how ever the skill that you will be weaving this with is missing on that bar...

Mages fury is not a good skill to use to weave with,
    I would put crushing shock on bar one instead of mages fury,

My bars in cyrodiil look like this,
    Bar 1(destro)
    Crushing shock,
    Velocious curse,
    Hardended ward,
    Crystal Frags,
    Streak,
    U - Meteor/Atronach

Bar2(Resto)
    Mages Fury,
    Daedric minefield,
    Harness Magicka,
    Crit Surge,
    Healing Ward,
    U - Power overload..

I open every fight with Crystal Frag followed by velocious curse,
    Crushing shock, light attack weave till you proc insta-cast on frags,
    frags again,

rinse and repeat...

Keep harness magicka and hardened ward up at all times.
    When you take damage, ward up again and also healing ward,

Mines help for people who wanna be in your face.. put them down and kite around them..

Velocious curse and mages fury if you time them with disintegration you can instanuke anyone under 30% health...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Hi,

What i am saying is that you need to be able to weave light attacks with a skill...

You are using a destro staff which is good for weaving light and heavy attacks,
    how ever the skill that you will be weaving this with is missing on that bar...

Mages fury is not a good skill to use to weave with,
    I would put crushing shock on bar one instead of mages fury,

My bars in cyrodiil look like this,
    Bar 1(destro)
    Crushing shock,
    Velocious curse,
    Hardended ward,
    Crystal Frags,
    Streak,
    U - Meteor/Atronach

Bar2(Resto)
    Mages Fury,
    Daedric minefield,
    Harness Magicka,
    Crit Surge,
    Healing Ward,
    U - Power overload..

I open every fight with Crystal Frag followed by velocious curse,
    Crushing shock, light attack weave till you proc insta-cast on frags,
    frags again,

rinse and repeat...

Keep harness magicka and hardened ward up at all times.
    When you take damage, ward up again and also healing ward,

Mines help for people who wanna be in your face.. put them down and kite around them..

Velocious curse and mages fury if you time them with disintegration you can instanuke anyone under 30% health...

How about this one
    http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mMzXevk9MW9MmwE8hmOd8NNgI8hM1c8AIOD8NUmU8LxRF8AISW8dauD8heqM8Nibt8NiRC8lLyB807068z27cmzcwmk6mzcwmq6mzcwmf8azx3TJzcxU9r7068L7JLkLu6cdoQr6MdoQC6MdoQF6MdoQJ6MdoQK8e7HLaqT6LaqS6Mi4bD6Mi4bU6Mi4bX6Mi4b16Mi4b48v7HLanX6Mhx0l6Mhx0B8H7JLzfQ6Lzwc6LbHm6MNieh6MNieA6MNieT6MNiey8J7JrziX6MNUIz6MNUIN8K7Jrzuu6rzuj6MANRQ6MANRU6MANRW6MANRZ8O7mzAZqS8P7aLdYw6zLp4d6cLncp6cLncn6zLncy6zLyjz8U7RMTkTV6MTkTs6MTkTq837kMy4Wg6My41N8zc7pcgePB6zgeXm6cgeXA6cgeYc8zV7068zo7068za7RrGF36MlNrt6MlNrE6MlNrB8zr7zzCtje6zCtjC6zCtjW6zCtjZ6zCtj38zf7MzNbo6MDVRC6MDVRH8zu7noHfYE6cHfYS6cHfZ06cHfZm6cHfZR6mHfZd6cHfZN8zG7AoHQ3F6zHQ316cHQ4a6cHQ4h6cHSCW6cHSDz

also what set bonuses do you use for gear? traits? mundus stone?