The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning Overflow

Tendrielle
Tendrielle
✭✭✭
Hi there, I really like the variety of recipes and cooking materials for provisioning, but I have the impression the system does not really work, because we simply have too much of everything - all sorts of materials, nothing is really rare (except perfect roe), so we do not have to care about which recipe is better and which not and looting food from a container is boring in any case. Please make provisioning materials more rare, or probably better: increase the number of materials you need for 1 portion (else the huge stacks of materials still existing will hold any improvement of the market for a long time).
Edited by Tendrielle on January 30, 2016 3:21PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please dont make provisioning mats really rare,ZOS. Please dont change anything regarding recipes or mats.

If you dont want all those things,you just dont gather them.Make the food or drink and sell it,either to a merchant or in a guild.This is how I make a lot of money.Also,with wood and ore and bug parts. Refine the wood and ore in stacks and sell them for large amounts of money.OR,just dont collect them.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tendrielle wrote: »
    Hi there, I really like the variety of recipes and cooking materials for provisioning, but I have the impression the system does not really work, becaude we simply have too much of everything - all sorts of materials, nothing is really rare (except perfect roe), so we do not have to care aout which recipe is better and which not and looting food from a container is boring in any case. Please make provisioning materials more rare, or probably better: increase the number of materials you need for 1 portion (else the huge stacks of materials still existing will old any improvement of the market for a long time).

Bervez and Mirriam aren't really overflowing at least judging by the selling prices. I usually sell 10 ingredients for 1k (not bervez or mirriam all the other ones alchemy or provisioning) and usually moves rarely does the listing expire.
    Edited by bryanhaas on January 18, 2016 4:39PM
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be silly for FOOD to be a rare item in a world populated with people that eat.

Got too many food mats? Sell them. They sell quite well. Not for insane prices, but a steady 1k per stack for non-rare food isn't to be sniffed at unless your store is overflowing with more expensive items.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    It would be silly for FOOD to be a rare item in a world populated with people that eat.

Got too many food mats? Sell them. They sell quite well. Not for insane prices, but a steady 1k per stack for non-rare food isn't to be sniffed at unless your store is overflowing with more expensive items.
    1K per stack? As in a stack of 200? Hmm, if that's the going price I should buy up all the provisioning mats I can find in guild stores... Using VR15 green recipes I can turn 200 ingredients into 2K gold at the vendor. Each time I make the recipe (requiring 2 ingredients) it makes 4 servings, each of which sells to a vendor for 5 gold. I probably won't bother buying them from guild stores, though, because every few weeks I craft a ton of food/drinks with all of the provisioning mats my hirelings bring and make 50K or more gold anyway. I can't really be bothered to do more provisioning than that.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the margin is a little tight on provisioning products. It'd be fun if there was some more economic incentive to be a commercial chef/Brewer.

Of course, market trends for buffing products are driven by player build fashions. Drinks still seem largely (though not universally) discredited.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alabyn wrote: »
    It seems the margin is a little tight on provisioning products. It'd be fun if there was some more economic incentive to be a commercial chef/Brewer.

Of course, market trends for buffing products are driven by player build fashions. Drinks still seem largely (though not universally) discredited.

There really isn't. For a while stacks of V15 purple food/drink would sell, but they added lots of recipes at that level and quality in Orsinium and the recipes became more affordable than buying food.

Funny thing is, people who DO ask for provisions always seem to be the best tippers, and it's the easiest thing to do.