Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which two pieces of gear do you make plate?

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
I want to look like a plate wearer, but I have to equip 5 medium to get the dps passives. Which two pieces of gear should I make plate that would make me look like a plate wearer?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go with chest and legs. Both are large pieces, e.g. they will grant you more armor/resistance than small pieces. The plate look should also be ok, I guess.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chest and head would be the most obvious to me. Shoulders as well.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chest and shoulders give the maximum effect, for the same reason lazy frat thugs only work out their arms and chest to get a "bar body".
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wear one of the costumes from the Armoured Knights Pack.
  • TheDracojan
    TheDracojan
    ✭✭✭
    Cmon guys, this is a no brainer.
    Chest + boots. Legs are partially hidden by the plates that are attached to the chest, and also legs should be lighter for movement, gloves don't matter very much as long as they cover the whole hand, HIDE helmet, if shoulders are big then it's alright and make sure the boots are heavy as hell.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO

Looks: Helm/Shoulders
    Armor/Resistance: Chest/Legs

However, that being said, I've never noticed too much of a difference in damage mitigation from the amount of armor/resistance you get from the Chest/Legs combo, compared to Helm/Shoulders combo. As such, I tend to go more for that one as most medium Helm/Shoulder styles aren't particularly too attractive (imo).
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    IMO

Looks: Helm/Shoulders
    Armor/Resistance: Chest/Legs

However, that being said, I've never noticed too much of a difference in damage mitigation from the amount of armor/resistance you get from the Chest/Legs combo, compared to Helm/Shoulders combo. As such, I tend to go more for that one as most medium Helm/Shoulder styles aren't particularly too attractive (imo).
    Actually, it doesn't matter whether you use legs, helmet or shoulders (and possibly, not 100% sure, boots) as second piece since they all offer the same armor...
    Edited by Leandor on January 18, 2016 4:12PM
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    ]Actually, it doesn't matter whether you use legs, helmet or shoulders jand possibly , not 100% sure) as second piece since they all offer the same armor...

I'll have to check that tonight. If that is the case, then I'm definitely sticking with my choice from here on lol
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »
    ]Actually, it doesn't matter whether you use legs, helmet or shoulders jand possibly , not 100% sure) as second piece since they all offer the same armor...

I'll have to check that tonight. If that is the case, then I'm definitely sticking with my choice from here on lol
    Chest does offer most, so keep in mind that piece should definitely be heavy.