Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bag space upgrade with crowns

jg5112_ESO
jg5112_ESO
Soul Shriven
If I buy bag space upgrades with crowns, will this increase the gold price of the bag upgrades? Like right now I have 2 bag upgrades, the next one costs 5.9k. If I buy 2 bag slot upgrades with crowns will the next still cost 5.9k or more?
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More... the price will go up accordingly. I.e. if you buy the 400g slots with gold, then the 2k slots with crowns, the next one will cost you 5.9k gold. In your example the next one would cost you 19.2k gold.

Edited by Number_51 on January 14, 2016 7:44PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the sale today, I am going to buy bag space upgrades on the characters that have 170 slots or more.

I wonder if you can buy them then apply them later? Probably not.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, it's applied immediately upon purchase on the character you purchase it with (like motifs). It's been a while though, so it's possible things have changed.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought any crown store 'upgrades' should apply to all character, bag, mount etc...

If i buy 30 speed from the store and make a new character he should start with 30 speed.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, it's applied immediately upon purchase on the character you purchase it with (like motifs). It's been a while though, so it's possible things have changed.

Yep, it is applied immediately. I upgraded all my mules to 200 spaces total. They were at 170, but I was reluctant to spend the gold in game to make this upgrade as I am saving it for Housing.

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always thought any crown store 'upgrades' should apply to all character, bag, mount etc...

If i buy 30 speed from the store and make a new character he should start with 30 speed.

We wish! Very few things in the crown store apply to all characters. Mostly those are pets, costumes, and mounts. Consumable items only work on the character that consumes them, so Riding lessons, bag upgrades, XP and other pots, etc.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Crown Store items are supposed to be shortcuts to in-game items, not super powerful items that are better than in-game. There are no in-game items to learn a motif on all your characters or upgrade riding skill on all characters or increase bag space on all characters. In-game, you have to do it per character. So I think they need to keep the Crown Store items the same as in-game and only apply per character.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Number_51 wrote: »

Yep, it is applied immediately. I upgraded all my mules to 200 spaces total. They were at 170, but I was reluctant to spend the gold in game to make this upgrade as I am saving it for Housing.

Do you need a loan Nestor? ;) Bag upgrades are not that much (at least it seems that way when sitting on a few mil gold). How much do you think housing will cost? Between that and buying Monster Helms, maybe I better start pumping up my sales :s .
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Do you need a loan Nestor? ;) Bag upgrades are not that much (at least it seems that way when sitting on a few mil gold). How much do you think housing will cost? Between that and buying Monster Helms, maybe I better start pumping up my sales :s .

I have a bunch of Crowns from ESO Plus, so might as well use them on something. Plus the crowns I bought during the 50% off sale for Crowns, so the bag upgrades were really 25% of original price.

I upgraded one of my characters using in game gold and the hit to my bank balance was just too much. I expect to have a set of Agility Rings and Necklace after spending that much.

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jg5112_ESO wrote: »
    If I buy bag space upgrades with crowns, will this increase the gold price of the bag upgrades? Like right now I have 2 bag upgrades, the next one costs 5.9k. If I buy 2 bag slot upgrades with crowns will the next still cost 5.9k or more?

Not if you keep upgrading with crowns only.If you do it ingame it may go up in price.Its cheaper to just use the once a month crowns,if you sub.