The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet CoA on New Year's Eve = No One to do Pledges With

Kevmeister
Kevmeister
✭✭✭
It was a combination far worse than expected. I've been queuing with the group finder and it went up to an hour, still no group.

And when I got in, even when it was scaled to V1, the dungeon was a hell of a tough one. I've done several other Vet dungeons but this one takes the cake in terms of utter frustration.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why a few of us did it last night right after the pledge switched over. My first time completing vet CoA, and we did it scaled to VR16! Not an easy run for us though... Not by a long shot. Luckily 2 of us knew the fights pretty well (not me - I relied on them to tell me what was happening and what to do).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    That's why a few of us did it last night right after the pledge switched over. My first time completing vet CoA, and we did it scaled to VR16! Not an easy run for us though... Not by a long shot. Luckily 2 of us knew the fights pretty well (not me - I relied on them to tell me what was happening and what to do).

Why oh why was i not on last night?

Annyways, AD, PC, NA if anyone wants a run
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Kevmeister
    Kevmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up the pledge for today. Just gonna wait it out for tomorrow.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

That's what we were asking when we were trying to find a 4th person to run it with! >:)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • prnoprno
    prnoprno
    ✭✭✭
    Before IC was released with WGT and ICP, CoA was undoubtedly the most difficult vet dungeon and could only be done at v14.

If the gold pledge is one of these three dungeons, I'm not brave enough to try the grouping tool.
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

If only you weren't AD ;)
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prnoprno wrote: »
    Before IC was released with WGT and ICP, CoA was undoubtedly the most difficult vet dungeon and could only be done at v14.

If the gold pledge is one of these three dungeons, I'm not brave enough to try the grouping tool.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to run any of those with a PUG from the grouping tool either...

Mind you, I recently discovered (this is probably already common knowledge, but I had somehow missed it) that when WGT or ICP is the gold pledge, you can do it on non-vet mode to get a silver key! It used to be that when they were the gold pledge I wouldn't even bother trying to find a group unless some people were around who I knew were good at group dungeons. Now that I know you can do them on normal mode and still get a key, I don't mind so much when they're the pledge.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If AD Xbox EU drop me a line and we'll crush COA in 25mins. Piece of ***. Easier pledge then COH. Those wraiths are a pain. 4 sorcs running Kena and overload fry Skoria on the 2nd platform.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Kevmeister
    Kevmeister
    ✭✭✭
    If AD Xbox EU drop me a line and we'll crush COA in 25mins. Piece of ***. Easier pledge then COH. Those wraiths are a pain. 4 sorcs running Kena and overload fry Skoria on the 2nd platform.

Thanks, but I'm on PC NA AD though.

It's okay, I'll just wait for the next pledge. Besides, I've got Cadwell and some other quests undone :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I definitely disagree that it's easier that COH gold key. Naturally it'll depend on the group (I've never run anything with 4 sorcs lol - sounds kind of fun though), but I've had a way easier time with COH.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With your average PUG not even close. Even an average dps group can outdps most vCOH boss mechanics. Most groups can't go past Hovantud and if they do a lot of them will not be able to do Skorya. Of course I am talking about real challenging stuff not easy mode 4 Overload Sorcs with kena. ;)
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

With your average PUG not even close. Even an average dps group can outdps most vCOH boss mechanics. Most groups can't go past Hovantud and if they do a lot of them will not be able to do Skorya. Of course I am talking about real challenging stuff not easy mode 4 Overload Sorcs with kena. ;)
    It doesn't require kena or overload. If you have 3 well geared + skilled players, that dungeon is really easier than CoH, because of the wraiths in the last boss + the fact that the dps have to remember to hold back on hitting the boss untill 4 wraiths are actually spawned....

The main issue is friends, get friends. Join pve guilds, be social and connect to people. Pay attention to what gear and skills are good for your class and role. Give it a week or two, if you need to grind to get the gear. Then join up with your friends or guildies, and try to run a few dungeons, and you will get to know + get used to eachothers playstyle. Next time CoH is pledge, it will be a much smoother run for you and your friends, if you do it like that ....... Pugging is often (not always) horrible xD
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

It doesn't require kena or overload. If you have 3 well geared + skilled players, that dungeon is really easier than CoH, because of the wraiths in the last boss + the fact that the dps have to remember to hold back on hitting the boss untill 4 wraiths are actually spawned....

The main issue is friends, get friends. Join pve guilds, be social and connect to people
    . Pay attention to what gear and skills are good for your class and role. Give it a week or two, if you need to grind to get the gear. Then join up with your friends or guildies, and try to run a few dungeons, and you will get to know + get used to eachothers playstyle. Next time CoH is pledge, it will be a much smoother run for you and your friends, if you do it like that ....... Pugging is often (not always) horrible xD

NO I will not. I done it once I will not do it again. All those people left. I know the game pretty damn well I have done all the dungeons on all roles with PUGs and guild groups.I do vet pledges almost daily with pugs more than once. COH is 90% of the time very smooth . COH is actually below Spindle and BC in difficulty for gold pledges. COA is in another league. COA requires 2 very good well rounded DPS and a good Tank or a crazy DPS group (4 Sorcs,4Templars etc). COH requires a Decent tank and mediocre DPS that knows when to freaking stop dps.
    Edited by PBpsy on January 1, 2016 1:44AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hmm... It's new year's eve, I bet only the most hardcore no-life'rs will be playing an MMORPG at that time. Let's just put a hard pledge there, they'll handle it."
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I overslept my power nap and missed the pledge reset by 2 hours, I was worried that I wouldn't find a group for it... But I got it done on both my vets. But this doesn't compare to getting vICP on Christmas Eve. That one, I just said screw it and did nICP for silver because I didn't have the time.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's new years eve man, what do you expect? Most people are out with their real world friends not inhale believe fairy cuckoo land, go outside and talk to people and stop complaining
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky that 3 people in my guild needed to do it and had farmed it before, so they were able to carry me through (only done it once previously scaled to VR12).

I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are all so easy. Anyone using a tank you know where by now to out the Daedroth. Right in the corner and you stand on the pillar. There is even a certain sweet spot that it won't pound the ground ever. Ash titan just fry it, kill 1 atronarch and leave the 2nd and burn it down. Skoria you just have to take on the right hand platform on hard mode. Most groups struggle as you generally all go for the centre one first and it goes *** up. Easy peasy. CoH try telling someone to take a wraith of the healer when he's got all 4 on him or not to attack nerenith when you don't have 4 wraiths at 50% health when they don't have a mic or foreign... at least all of COA is just a dps race and you don't have to worry about the stupidity of others. Plus you can skip half of it by going all skyrim and jumping up the cliffs. So quick and easy.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Whitebrad25
    CoA, like all group dungeons, is based on group composition.

My stats as a healer are amazing but I can't heal low or practically no DPS. The worst is when people lie about their stats - ala the vet 1 I ran it with last night who said he had 2,900 weapon damage but kept making comments about using dropped gear from mobs....

I was using my alt, a strictly PVP vamp build, trying to unlock the skill point as well as the undaunted passives but even I was the last one down when we died....it's all about group composition and mechanics. I don't mind playing with new or less than casual players but when they lie about their DPS....c'mon...
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I love coa for the reason being it is still very difficult for me. I play as Tank and that Titan still gives me problems. I always use Pugs but for COA i always ask if my group has completed it before i run it with them. Yesterday i ran it with 3 yellows who had done it before and we got the Cheivo for doing it in under 30 mins. With a PUG Woohoo. Still i died to Titan ha but my group finished him off without me
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all so easy. Anyone using a tank you know where by now to out the Daedroth. Right in the corner and you stand on the pillar. There is even a certain sweet spot that it won't pound the ground ever.
    I'm not sure that works anymore. The other day when we ran it he kept on resetting as soon as he got to the tree. I'm sure that previously you could get him past the tree and he wouldn't reset. We ended up having to go out and fight him and all of the adds the traditional way out in the open.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are all so easy. Anyone using a tank you know where by now to out the Daedroth. Right in the corner and you stand on the pillar. There is even a certain sweet spot that it won't pound the ground ever. Ash titan just fry it, kill 1 atronarch and leave the 2nd and burn it down. Skoria you just have to take on the right hand platform on hard mode. Most groups struggle as you generally all go for the centre one first and it goes *** up. Easy peasy. CoH try telling someone to take a wraith of the healer when he's got all 4 on him or not to attack nerenith when you don't have 4 wraiths at 50% health when they don't have a mic or foreign... at least all of COA is just a dps race and you don't have to worry about the stupidity of others. Plus you can skip half of it by going all skyrim and jumping up the cliffs. So quick and easy.

What you describe here is not a easy dungeon, it is a dumb run with exploiting scrubs.
    Edited by PBpsy on January 1, 2016 4:51PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTH?

Uh, the pillar method on the Fire Maw is actually harder than doing it the normal way. The positioning has to be just right to trigger the glitch such that when the adds spawn, they stand still and don't move from their spawn points. I've only managed to pull that off once. All the other times I tried it, the adds will come and overwhelm the tank. And with everyone stationary, everyone is forced to just eat all the ground-pound AoEs, making this method extremely taxing on the healer, too. Finally, if you have any DPS who does their best damage at melee range, this method is a handicap to them. It's not just an exploit--it's a faulty exploit that makes things harder than they need to be, and I would never recommend using it. If you have enough DPS, just stack-and-burn him. Otherwise, go slow and steady and AoE the adds as they come.

As for the Ash Titan, unless your tank has survivability problems, you just ignore the atronachs. I can't remember the last time I was in a group that killed any of the atronachs. The part of the fight that gives groups trouble is the fire rain, and for people without Annulment, it can be challenging to survive through.

And for Skoria, yes, hard mode is easier than normal mode, if you have the DPS, since on hard mode, you know exactly where he'll end up after each break. However, I seriously doubt that the main stumbling point for most groups is whether they start on the correct platform. I'd say that most groups that fail do so because they don't have the DPS or have trouble avoiding all the damage and hazards (esp. for the tank and melee DPS).

Yes, vCoH can be hard for a poorly-coordinated group, but I'm not sure what dungeon you're running if you think that vCoA needs less coordination. If a group can't beat vCoH, it sure as hell is not beating vCoA. I've been in vCoA groups with newbies who didn't know to stay off the bridges, who didn't hop off to the new platform fast enough, who didn't leave stam to break free of the petrify, etc.
    Edited by code65536 on January 2, 2016 12:20PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch