The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodiil Code of Conduct - How are your Moral Standards?

• Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anitajoneb17_ESO
    I respect your point of view, although will never adapt it. It's simply wrong, not in terms of our conversation (bc you are right, for many ppl this is how they think, sadly), but in terms of good, fair and fun MMORPG. First, trash talk is easy to avoid, while trash behaviour is not. Second, true warriors respect each other and don't harm the civilians. Third, nobody likes terrorists, even terrorists don't like terrorists. Go figure.
    I have seen so many MMO servers fall down bc of people like you... luckily, there is still plenty of space in Tamriel for good sportsmanship, so go ahead, gank, zerg, camp and teabag yourselves as much as you want. Do not invite me, though.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • RapturousRex
    RapturousRex
    ✭✭✭
    I don't teabag first, but I'll happily teabag back.

I have had situations were I've worked with an opposing faction member [Bruma] who jumped me as soon as friends of his turned up. Fair game to him, I should have dropped him when I had the chance, but didn't.

Ganking during a war is fair game and a legit tactic in my eyes [a couple waiting between a keep and an under siege outpost jumping stragglers? Definitely], but when it comes to IC, whilst I see people doing it, I'll avoid it myself.

When it comes to low players who're part of a group? Easy, hit rhem quickly because they tend to have the lowest attributes, and thus the easiest to pick off. Certain Dungeon bosses require you to wipe the weaker adds first, the same logic applies.
    Edited by RapturousRex on January 6, 2016 1:37PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    @anitajoneb17_ESO
    I respect your point of view, although will never adapt it. It's simply wrong, not in terms of our conversation (bc you are right, for many ppl this is how they think, sadly), but in terms of good, fair and fun MMORPG. First, trash talk is easy to avoid, while trash behaviour is not. Second, true warriors respect each other and don't harm the civilians. Third, nobody likes terrorists, even terrorists don't like terrorists. Go figure.
    I have seen so many MMO servers fall down bc of people like you... luckily, there is still plenty of space in Tamriel for good sportsmanship, so go ahead, gank, zerg, camp and teabag yourselves as much as you want. Do not invite me, though.

What ??? We're exchanging views of what we consider "moral" in PvP and now the game is going to fall down because of "people like me" ... ???
    You were advocating that teabagging is harmless and now you're accusing me of doing it (which I don't) ???

Cool down...

First, don't forget that the game is designed, PvP-wise, to play either zerging-big-battles (keep fights) or play hide-and-seek-shadow-ganking. Look at the landscape, the terrain, the surroundings : all of it is designed for it. It's not a chivalry tournament for white knights, it's war. Which is why there's no real "arena setup" yet. Once you have your arena setup, you can play "fair and square" all you want, but it's sports, not war. Different game altogether.

Second, when you say "trash talk is easy to avoid, while trash behaviour is not", I disagree. The game is the game, I can be killed (either in ganking or in open fights or in big battles) ten times over and still have tons of fun, because that is the game. And if someone ganks me, as irritating as it is, it is the game.
    Trash talk and taunt whispers is a different story. It is a real person talking to me. It is not the game, it is real life. That affects me deeply and truly ruins my fun.
    If I play cards, I can loose and still have fun. But if someone starts insulting me at the table, it will ruin my fun, no matter if I was winning or loosing.

Third : "civilians"... it's up to anyone to define what a "civilian" is in the game. Some consider PvEers to be civilians, some consider only NPCs to be "civilians", some finally consider that once in PvP land, nobody is a civilian. And, like I said in my previous post, the hesitation time to find out if another player should be attacked or not in terms of "fairness" can cost me my life.
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    I feel dirty when ganking or ambushing someone but war is war!
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Screw moral standars lol a whole group of reds were dueling the other night against blues on haderus ps4 na and the group i was in we wiped them out skitz and his lackeys lol 1 vs 1 is dumb i say go big or go home
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found1779 wrote: »
    Screw moral standars lol a whole group of reds were dueling the other night against blues on haderus ps4 na and the group i was in we wiped them out skitz and his lackeys lol 1 vs 1 is dumb i say go big or go home

Glad to know you are on PS4 NA. Hope you are not EP. I will make it my personal goal to send you to the forums whining more often
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

Glad to know you are on PS4 NA. Hope you are not EP. I will make it my personal goal to send you to the forums whining more often

I'm AD plus i can hold my own i just gave in to what everyone else does spam the same move i found if i started using camouflage hunter steath and snipe usually kill someone in 2 hits if they aint paying attention to heal snipe does 14k and camouflage hunter does another 13k might as well do like everyone else does exploit broken mechanics
    Edited by found1779 on January 6, 2016 2:50PM
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm AD plus i can hold my own i just gave in to what everyone else does spam the same move i found i started using camouflage hunter steath and snipe use kill someone in 2 hit if they aint paying attention to heal snipe does 14k and camouflage hunter does another 13k might as well do like everyone else does exploit broken mechanics

Killing someone from stealth isn't holding your own lol.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread. See you on the battlefield
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    It's a game so I have no Moral standard.

Morals in real life are silly and morals in a game are sillier; but some people don't find trolling/overkill entertaining. Most sportsman-ish people I know aren't sportsman for "moral reasons", they're sporting because they enjoy the challenge of beating a skilled opponent with superior skill.

That's fun. Not wiping some scrub who doesn't know there's a dodge button.

Knootewoot wrote: »
    I gank, attack people on horses, I wait for people who attack NPC's to be low health and then impale them..

Which I find totally acceptable - when it's called for. If they're fighting anything on my team... game on, they asked for it, get dirty. If they're literally zero threat, then let the peasant wander in peace.

Streega wrote: »
    Now, @Angus can pulverise me any day, I'm sure it would be great fun. "Oh, you widdle elfie, I'm sorry, did I just cut your widdle head off? Well, next time try dogging, sweetie :wink: Now, do it again! See? You've managed to stay alive whole 30 sec longer :D"

Babytalk? Hell no.

Think of it more as Cy Young tossing an underhand pitch to the kids in the peewee league, instead of nailing them with a 150mph fastball. If they'd be a fun challenge, then its balls to the wall. If they're no challenge... where's the payoff for time invested? Doesn't sound fun, but I recognize certain emasculated deprived trollchildren find it exciting. To each their own.

Ganking during a war is fair game and a legit tactic in my eyes [a couple waiting between a keep and an under siege outpost jumping stragglers? Definitely], ...

When it comes to low players who're part of a group? Easy, hit rhem quickly because they tend to have the lowest attributes, and thus the easiest to pick off. Certain Dungeon bosses require you to wipe the weaker adds first, the same logic applies.

Exactly.

Edited by Angus on January 6, 2016 2:53PM
    Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭

I'm AD plus i can hold my own i just gave in to what everyone else does spam the same move i found i started using camouflage hunter steath and snipe use kill someone in 2 hit if they aint paying attention to heal snipe does 14k and camouflage hunter does another 13k might as well do like everyone else does exploit broken mechanics

Killing someone from stealth isn't holding your own lol.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread. See you on the battlefield

Ah well it gets the job done lol
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Angus you know in economics its called *** for tat, it financially benefits you to have moral standards. IRL there are reasons not to screw yourself

Edit: d'oh not the body part...
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 6, 2016 5:15PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Undoctrinated
    Undoctrinated
    ✭✭
    i usually won't ruin any duels or random 1v1s, nor will i kill the same guy repeatedly because the AP gains become insignificant. other than that... idc whether ur mounted, pve'ing, afk, or low non-vet level. i will wreck u on sight. welcome to cyrodiil.
    Edited by Undoctrinated on January 6, 2016 5:59PM
    XBOX One - North America
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    @Angus you know in economics its called *** for tat, it financially benefits you to have moral standards. IRL there are reasons not to screw yourself

That's true... sometimes. Keep in mind that plenty of cash flows are the result of completely "immoral", consequence-free actions, but your gist is clear.

When it's true, however, that's not really the moral benefiting anyone! It's the person engaging in rational activity - perhaps for moral reasons, perhaps for logical reasons.

So regardless of "morals", it makes sense to do things that preserve the overall health of the game's community, assuming you want to keep playing it.
    Edited by Angus on January 6, 2016 7:32PM
    And some others.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only rule is when I see a duel.... run behind a tree, proc proxy-run in and bats/sap them all to death, emote laugh and run away like na evil sob >:)
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purposefully put myself in situations that give the enemy an advantage. I'll sit on my horse, /read, engage a district boss, stand at the edge of alliance conflicts...waiting.

It's like death fishing. It usually takes a very specific build to kill me without me seeing it coming, so I don't get too upset when that happens.

I also only fight someone who comes after me first, mostly because an offensive player isn't defending themselves very well, but also because I like the reactions. I sat with some AD while they were sieging alessia and they invited me into TS. One of them attacked me, died, and we kept the party going.

It's fun to play with a competitive spirit but a casual mindset. My friends list is full of people who main in other factions, and it's nice to have people I can ring up for 1v1, or some cross faction assistance. Plus, when you do participate in AvA, it's funny to kill people you know and get messages that aren't filled with mindless trash talk.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moral standards go a bit deeper than that,

I love ganking and generally only gank people within 5 levels of my own level....

Ganking a level10 and i am VR is not on....

If a low level attacks me then i nuke them...

If i have a fight against a rival faction and they win and it was a good fight i will /w then and say GREAT Fight, well done....

I do lose my cool with WB spammers but have also learned that it is not their fault, it is a flaw in the meta of the game...

I got ganked by 3 lower level guys in bruma the other day, they tea bagged me,
    I rezzed at Dragon Claw, rode down to bruma and did my sorcererly duty of killing them all while they tried to finish the dolmen i had started... i got the loot......

I DID NOT STOOP to Teabagging them.. they had to ride all the way from Farragut.. lol... lesson enough i thought..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• RapturousRex
    RapturousRex
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the level thing. I thought level 10's treb hits just as hard as a level VR16's?
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the level thing. I thought level 10's treb hits just as hard as a level VR16's?

I don't gank much with trebs these days.
    And some others.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gear, stats and skills are "powered leveled" to VR16 level BUT it doesn't provide you with stuff that you don't have yet (endgame sets), nor does it unlock skills not yet unlocked and maxed (a lvl 10 might have 1-2 or 3 skills available from each skill line, but not 5 like most VR16). Battle leveling doesn't impact the player's experience either, so unless it's a reroll, the lvl 10 player is likely to play much worse than the VR16.

That's why people consider lowbies as easy preys in spite of battle leveling.
  • RapturousRex
    RapturousRex
    ✭✭✭
    I meant the treb hitting the wall.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Rule #1 wreck noobs

ha
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a PvP area so you must be ready to kill or be killed always...So (in most cases) Questing reds and blues are fair game (which I am as well to them), won't always attack though, sometimes have even quested along side, but PVP is PVP so dying while questing is part of life......
    I will never attack somebody who is fishing....
    I will never interrupt a duel..

GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    I meant the treb hitting the wall.

You're right - siege hits for the same amount (no battle scaling) no matter what level you are.
    Edited by Angus on January 8, 2016 6:52PM
    And some others.
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    I never fight in PVP except in two situations:

-If I see a Daggerfall
    -If I see a Aldmeri
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    There's no honor in war, only life or death.

That aside we all are playing a game and as we all know code of conduct is something people can choose to uphold.
    I am an opportunist in most of games, underhanded tactics isn't something you could be proud of, but it works. But attack others on sight is foolish especially when your goal lies elsewhere it is actually counterproductive. So I'd say moral codex in pvp is both individual and situational.
    Edited by Arshiya on January 9, 2016 2:03AM
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • Xqluded
    Xqluded
    ✭✭✭
    My moral standards change depending on certain factors.

- Am I in cyrodiil or IC sewers.
    - Am I in need of stones.
    - Am I trying out a new build.
    - Did ZoS upset me today.
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    Axiom 1.: We play ESO to have fun.

Axiom 2.: We play PvP to compete with other players.

Code 1: I am prepared to kill and to be killed anytime. I'll have no regret to kill and no complain about being killed.

Code 2.: I don't want to ruin other people's fun. (When I see a remote 1v1 duel, I will not jump in. If I receive orders, I'll follow. I don't insult/blame anybody. I try to be cooperative. etc.) Except situations which would conflict with Code 1.

Code 3.: I want to enjoy myself in my precious free time, so I do want I want to do. Except situations which would conflict with Code 1 and/or Code 2.
    Edited by Fellenore_Ewalion on January 29, 2016 10:53AM
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try not to attack enemy players who are just questing. Occasionally even participated in multi-faction groups running all the Cyrodiil town quests, skyshards etc. Back in the day, though, when the towns were filled with players, always got into some of the most fun small battles in these areas.

If I notice an enemy player is very low level, I try to stop attacking them. Sometimes they turn around and get really aggressive, though. These days, however, seems the battle leveling is stronger than it used to be. There is a V4 I dueled several times who beats me every time.

If the faction I'm playing on is outnumbering the enemy, I tend to go somewhere else. Generally try to stay far away from zergs. Ally zergs lag me out like crazy, same as enemy zergs.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on January 30, 2016 6:34AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i attack any and all players i encounter EXCEPT if they are non-vet players, as players those levels have the potential of being new to the game, giving me an advantage I refuse to take. I will only attack players that level if it is absolutely necessary.

everything else though is fair game. If I see you on a horse; Prepare to get shot at with snipe and forced off, If I see you 1vXing people I will join in and help them kill you. If I am with a group doing something and there are people dueling on the road, I will attack with others that do without hesitation. DO NOT DUEL ON THE ROAD IN FRONT OF THE CHAL MILGATE :D this is the only full on PvP zone in the game, I will not hold back. do not take my tone as condescending, I am simply expressing how I feel on the matter
    Edited by Cody on January 29, 2016 9:48PM
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's red, it's dead