The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Code of Conduct - How are your Moral Standards?

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't defend themselves I let them go. If someone messages me asking not to mess them up, i let them ago (unless they attack an ally, if you attack an ally you die)

The only time Ill kill the defenseless is if they are apart of my bounty requirements.

Oh, just need to say... have say, "to the DK last night, I feel so stupid dying to you! I tried a new ult and it cost me. Along with your well timed WB and Leap... i wanna rematch!" Had to get that out.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much play like the original poster.

I don't gank people off their horses unless there is a tactical reason to kill them. For example, trying to cut off reinforcement lines. Simply because I don't usually enjoy killing someone who can't even put up a fight. Okay, it's AP, but I play this game because I enjoy good fights. Killing someone while they are defenseless is not a good fight. If I come across a random person and knock them off their horse, I light attack a few times and wait for them to get up and start fighting back.

If I see people fighting, I usually pause a moment to assess what's going on. If it looks like dueling I don't interfere. Unless they are dueling on a transit line or something, in which case I will probably attack on sight. Sometimes people complain that I ruined their duel, but if you want to duel, then go do it somewhere out of the way.

If I am in a big group, and I come across one or two people, I will usually ask the rest of the group not to hop in. It's much more enjoyable (probably on both sides) to have a small scale fight than to zerg over a couple of people.

Of course sometimes it backfires, and you think you are in what you think is a fair 1v1, and when you get the upper hand, several people come out of stealth of roll you.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't attack "little guys" aka players under level 20... unless they swarm me like an army of gremlins.. .

>.>
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I leave solo players alone, I find no enjoyment in having 50 people gap close the same man like many others seemingly do.

If you surrender you get bashed to death though.

Had a low level AD do it infront of ze DC zerg before, we encircled him and bashed him to death....it was majestic.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ride towards enemies keeps, then get jumped by player X, I dodge roll, stun him, pop pot, rally, vigor and proceed to exchange blows, doing everything in my power to stay alive and try to reverse the fight that player X has already pushed in his favor by getting opening. That's when all you frickin' holier than thou players on my own frickin' team ride on by assuming that I'm dueling someone and not getting ganked, so frick you and your made up in your own head rules.

I kill Reds and I kill Blues, no matter where or what you are doing, you are Red or you are Blue you die.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wipe my shoes before I go into a keep.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There can only be one standard in PVP - it's war; kill everything.

The reason that's not really a joke is because we have no means of communication. We can't establish rules and boundaries for players, even if we could get widespread cooperation. If I see a red/blue in Cyrodiil, they have my attention. I'll either avoid them out of concern for my own safety or kill them.

Any desire for things like one on one duels, or multi-player duels with X number on one tam and X on the others (which is a great idea) is going to require a designated area with a game mechanism designed to accommodate this. Until then...kill everything.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moral standards?... In ESO PvP?... XD Where is the "lol" button when you need it?
    Back in 2014, when ESO was young and I used to believe in people, after a good guild raid I was doing some left-over part of quest in Cyro. I had no armour on - only plain clothes, weapon sheeted, was on main road, not sprinting or hiding, just trotting ahead and minding my own business. For me it's a clear sign: I'm not hostile, please leave me alone. Then I spotted a group of smurfs trying to hide near the gate of my home keep. I thought they are fighting with someone, so I payed them bi*es no mind. Guess what? There were trying to ambush... me :D Ten blue rats ganking one low-level (I was lvl 12 then), unarmed, non hostile noob. Laaame AF.
    So forgive me, but for me 90 % of our PvP-ers are nothing more than pack of rats with no honour and not a hint what "moral standards" in true PvP means.
    Personally, I do not:
    * gank (lame), camp (annoying) or zerg (bc lag)
    * attack someone dozen or two lvls below me (unless they attack me, then: hello, stupid)
    * knock ppl off the horses, unless it's someone obviously coming into the battle
    * attack someone non-hostile doing quests or gathering mats (like above: no armour, and weapon sheeted, in plain sight).
    But I'm mature and polite old school player (and a lady), so probably should shut up and GTFO back to dinosaur era.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC must hold Arrius LM at all cost. That is the only rule.
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well for me; If we cross each other on horseback, (soloing) and we're a similar level, Imma fight ya. I'm vet 9, but If i see anyone vet 3 or lower, I will attempt to let them pass.

1v1s are kinda hard to tell for me... it's never obvious if they're trying to have a duel, or one of them was on their way to a keep, and was caught. I like to help people, and I like when people help me, so I'll jump in. There's been only 1 occasion that I know of where I actually interrupted a duel. I was informed of this, by attempting to help my fellow faction, only to have him shield up, back off, and allow not just the person he was dueling, but 2 others hidden in stealth to gang up on me. So, sorry I interrupted you, if you read this.

Gangking is a bit of a gray area for me. I absolutely hate when people gang the entrance to IC on buff servers. I don't blame you, or message you about it or anything... I just dont think a player should be able to block me from content I've paid for. If you're gangking outside of a keep, or people on their way to the keep, good on you, that's how you're supposed to do it. It sucks when it happens to me but that's part of the fun. I wish there was more organization with it, I haven't yet ever heard a group leader order anyone to gank a bottle neck point, while the rest of us siege.

I'll typically head to the nearest fight, follow a group, and help out till I get a group invite (if i get one) I hate having to ask for one (on console) it feels desperate and just weird... I prefer to either catch someone asking for more members to join a group, or just prove my worth in the fight and earn the group invite. (aside from just being handed one from a guild). SO I got no problems with zergs, on either side. I wish the siege weapons did more damage, I miss being able to defend a keep from a zerg with just 2 pots of oil.

PVEers, I don't actively look for them to kill but if I decided to go into my faction's buff server to PVE and you're there I might try and sweep you out, sorry. If i pass you PVEing a location, fishing, gathering mats I'll usually leave you alone, but If i go into a cave to kill goblins and you're there, Imma fight ya.

AP farming, I've done it twice successfully. it's good points, but it's not much fun honestly. Go out and fight.

At the end of it all, these are just my personal standards, which really just amount to Wheaton's law.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Schurge
    Schurge
    ✭✭
    I know what I am. Your attempt to make yourselves look like good guys is silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-DgULZvWUs&list=PLTR4v4zgw6jrF9q1mWFwAdHHT8XgHGpzV&index=46

That is not to say I don't have a code of honor - I do! But it is inconsistent and I break it all the time.
    Edited by Schurge on January 5, 2016 2:46AM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a lowbie just sit there and block after I opened, I let him go.

Otherwise DC and AD are scum, Elf Queen and that ugly grey breaded Breton are sleepin' with each other.
  • SeventhCelestial
    -Respect PvE'ers who Block/ 'ask' to not be killed.
    -Respect Grinders who are willing to share the space (*Cough Cracked Wood Cough*).
    -Jab spam, Ambush spam, wrecking blow spam does NOT a good PvPer make. . Unless it's a Zerg and you def out numbered cause F YEAH AP!
    -Alt-F4 is never an option. Go back and try again, rebuild again, and fight again. Make yourself stronger, and learn. Don't make yourself a whiny *** who needs to be Taco Dipped (I'm a girl, it's not Tea bag for me. xP).
    Seventh Celestial ~ AD VR16 STAM TEMPLAR
    Niela Foxmantle ~ AD VR9 STAM NIGHTBLADE
    Solö ~ AD VR5 MAGIC NIGHTBLADE
    Vala Ogrebrew ~ AD lvl45 STAM SORC
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    I just William Wallace everything, whats that a zerg????? Well here is for hoping... FREEEEEDDDOOOMMMM!!! Can't play vet's atm due to the lag... So alas you will find me on "Ronin San" in under vet's just doing random stuff for shitz n Giggles. As for morals... lets say i spent half of my day killing a few people in a small group, then just cloaking and nudging the surviving team mates trying to res. the Rage was epic, even went as far as macroing a tell that just spammed one guy with "NO RES FOR YOU!!!"
    NB Shashu of DC
    DK William x Wallace of DC
    In game @Amica.
    "i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morals? I live only by my sacred pledge:

Anything that isnt yellow is mellow and should melt like marshmallow. YAAAAAY AD!
    Edited by Vangy on January 5, 2016 2:04PM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • NightRibon23444
    The 1v1 need to be in a remote location if not the sewers. They don't need to try this is a heavy populated area. Everything else goes. As far as your whole attacking after you watched a 1v1 and you will just jump in if your faction falls? I would use a different word beside moral for That.
    Me, the only moral I have is to kill what ever I can anyway I can. I will leave a 1v1 alone as long as there not in a heavy area at the time. If they are in a bad area, they might get hit, they might not.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, it's AP, but I play this game because I enjoy good fights. Killing someone while they are defenseless is not a good fight.

^^^ Pretty much me in a nutshell, with a few flexible rules;

1. I don't interrupt duels

2. I don't tea bag

3. Depending on situations and circumstances; I will sometimes ally myself with the enemy for the greater good of all, gank or go into a group on a suicide mission to buy my alliance time, etc.

I have gone onto PS4 NA Haderaus and followed behind some AD groups hunting for other players on my NB. Need to do this again it was fun.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 5, 2016 2:35PM
  • stitchmh
    stitchmh
    ✭✭
    Interesting conversation...
    I was absolutely astonished one day when finishing my savior of nirn, had a quest send me to a couple dungeons, and was continuly ambushed at the door. We were NO WHERE near a hold of any kind. It had nothing to do with the war. I was alone, working on an achievement. I see ZERO benefit to them of my death. It kinda makes me sick, that some players find that fun:/
    V16 DK stitchmh
    stitchmh
    ESO addict:)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the same token, I think duelist need to be aware of where they duel.

There was a group dueling in the Arena District the other night right next to the DC spawn platform. I accidentally interrupted a duel, but seeing as I was getting ganked by the other two alliances while engaged with mobs, it was an honest mistake.

I have to feel for them though. How desperately must they want an arena duel and there's no place to do it. After a couple tells I respectfully left them alone. From what I saw, maybe that's why they were next to DC instead of AD or EP.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's quite pathetic especially in the sewers when a group of 3 hunts down 1 just for tel var, u can't get ur own tel var that's ur problem don't get a group together to steal mine please. I earn mine earn yours!

Just been chased by 3 dominion in the covenant side of the sewers on Haderus - it's an empty server farm ur own part of the sewers please, u already own cyrodiil on Haderus so let us have our farming zones, selfish d**ks.

It's worse on Azura's star when team orange camps outside the covenant entrance.
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    The Code

1) Go pick on people your own size. The lost guy displaying zero situation awareness aimlessly wandering south of drakelowe probably is a pver, not a threat. Similarly, that lvl 10 alone in the forest probably won't give much sport.

2) If you're both alone, do the block & jump to call for a duel. If they respond similarly, game on. Best moments in ESO right there. Might even make a friend, or get a good laugh at their expense if they're one of the toxic types. Can be fun to let the ubernoobs spar with you too, give them a few pointers on your way out.

3) If they're behind my home keeps, or riding to a keep under siege that must be kept... Well, they asked for it, horse or not. Still might let the lvl 10 go if they seem noobish.

4) No scrolls to take = no attacking inner keeps. Ruins any sort of fun competition when the other team never signs on.

5) Don't be too cheesy. If you keep getting nerfed, you're probably a cheeseball. If you're going to run a FOTM build, at least put your own unique twist on it. If you're the type that gets off to imagining other people thinking you're good after you beat them, well, they don't think you're good if you're running some cheese your grandmas one-eyed cat could also face roll with.

6) Don't maliciously trash talk, or they'll realize you're a loser even if you won. Well-natured trash talk to equals (like the kind you give your buddy after a few beers) is encouraged.

7) Don't ruin the spirit of the game with emp farming, cross faction silliness... Go put those skills to use in real life and let people play their game the way it's meant to be played.
    Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I catch someone on a horse I try to burst kill them before they can stand back up.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Geez what a bunch of goody little two-shoes. Do you also play battlefield like this? "Oh he has 50% health, I better heal him first before I attack him".

It's a game so I have no Moral standard. I attack everything I see, even if I am outnumbered, unlevelled or whatever. I gank, attack people on horses, I wait for people who attack NPC's to be low health and then impale them. I jump into zergs while my magick bomb is armed and I know I am about to die. It's a game so who cares. I also attack(ed) low levels, people in delves trying to kill a boss and AFK people.

For moral standard this is more important:

I do not teabag , unless it is someone who teabagged me before. I never sent hatewhispers to anyone, even if someone whispers me (they just go on ignore). I do not troll people or annoy them. I help out with buffs when in a group. I siege and place more sieges for other "poor" people who cannot afford it. I make food and give it away sometimes (although im low on resources lately)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

Never spam AOE
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    For moral standard this is more important:
    I do not teabag ,
    Oh, how gracious of you, bless your kind soul... Really, qween?
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I do not troll people or annoy them. -> I gank, attack people on horses, I wait for people who attack NPC's to be low health and then impale them. I jump into zergs while my magick bomb is armed and I know I am about to die. It's a game so who cares. I also attack(ed) low levels, people in delves trying to kill a boss and AFK people.
    Yup, that is totally not annoying, nope, nope.

Now, @Angus can pulverise me any day, I'm sure it would be great fun. "Oh, you widdle elfie, I'm sorry, did I just cut your widdle head off? Well, next time try dogging, sweetie :wink: Now, do it again! See? You've managed to stay alive whole 30 sec longer :D" Cause I know he wouldn't jump me when I'm not interested in a fight at the moment, just doing some quest stuff or simply admiring the view. Yes, did you ever try to stop for a moment and see how beautiful this game is?
    Pff, you can teabag me all day long, I don't give a single fook. Rats gonna rat.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Teabags in my eyes are only a "hey how you doing down there? Message me;) "
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Streega and @Knootewoot conflicting points of view are really interesting.

I tend to agree with @Knootewoot because sparing someone who's lowbie/AFK/PVEing/not-a-threat/too good/duelling/RPing/admiring-the-view/whatever, not attacking can be nice/careful/smart, but on the other hand, it requires an assessment of the situation and, to a certain extent, some guessing on the other player's intentions. The risk of guessing wrong and the few seconds required to "assess" the situation are most likely to cost me my life if the other player is actually willing to fight. In Bruma for instance, 2 seconds of hesitation are most often quite deadly. And after all, it's PvP, it's war, it's the name of the game. I try to not disturb duellers but I don't want to feel guilty because I've attacked them "by mistake". Same with PvE quest hubs : I feel guilty whenever I kill someone there (maybe it was an harmless PvEer and I ruined his evening ?) but who knows if that someone wouldn't have stabbed me in the back if I had spared him ? I don't want to feel guilty because I killed people in PvP. Period !

On the other hand, while they're not going to kill my character ingame, tea-bagging, trash-talk and taunting whispers are really game-breaking for me. So yes all in all I agree with @Knootewoot .
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My morals in game started out pretty vanilla, then I've had to adjust them. A lot. One learns very quickly that for every one belief/standard one holds, there's many others who don't think twice about it. I used to abhor ganking, killing the defenseless. I used to cringe when I would see high ranking vet players go after lower level players like they were going toe to toe with an equal. I still internally scream when people steal chests and nodes, when people tbag, when people abuse exploits, when people shamelessly abuse broken mechanics. I grit my teeth when I see people lie about things they lie about, because of technicalities. It's easy to cherry-pick what you do and don't feel comfortable doing, and easier to judge others doing them. The sociopathic personalities who know they can feign ignorance of certain things like double mundas abuse, for example, or that team green/orange/purple doesn't exist, or other nefarious goings-ons.

There are still things I will not do in PVP, but there have been many things I have had to get used to seeing, dealing with, and using. All part of a constantly changing environment I suppose.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My morals in game started out pretty vanilla, then I've had to adjust them. A lot. One learns very quickly that for every one belief/standard one holds, there's many others who don't think twice about it. I used to abhor ganking, killing the defenseless. I used to cringe when I would see high ranking vet players go after lower level players like they were going toe to toe with an equal. I still internally scream when people steal chests and nodes, when people tbag, when people abuse exploits, when people shamelessly abuse broken mechanics. I grit my teeth when I see people lie about things they lie about, because of technicalities. It's easy to cherry-pick what you do and don't feel comfortable doing, and easier to judge others doing them. The sociopathic personalities who know they can feign ignorance of certain things like double mundas abuse, for example, or that team green/orange/purple doesn't exist, or other nefarious goings-ons.

There are still things I will not do in PVP, but there have been many things I have had to get used to seeing, dealing with, and using. All part of a constantly changing environment I suppose.

Yes, part of it is changing my mind when I realized I was wrong or my point of view has changed (that's healthy), part of it is "adapt", and yes, it can be less comfortable... But luckily it's only a game.

On a side note, I don't consider green/orange/purple arrangements as abuse or cheating. You don't think it's a perfectly "normal" aspect of war in a tri-faction situation ?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that I don't consider it normal, it's that it really sucks for people who aren't in on it. No one goes around announcing not to attack team X or team Y, and for people who aren't in prominent guilds who don't know about pre-arranged dealings, its miserable. It's not amusing to me to watch people in the dark get turned into AP feed. It's not healthy for people who are playing with the generalized concept of, ok I'm on team X, my goal is to fight team Y and Z, to PVP in rigged guild politics. Yeah irl it happens in wars, espionage, spies, yada yada. In this game it does not translate well.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!