The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

With a goal to PvP

Joshuagm1991
Joshuagm1991
✭✭✭
Hello folks, After I complete the quests for all 3 factions I planned on gearing up for PvP. Is there much solo PvP? When I was level 26 I ventured into Cyrodil trying to pick a fight and found a swarm of players.

It was pretty hilarious and embarrassing, but I wondered if there is any capability of holding your own against a couple of folks.

Ps... I'm a Nord Templar / Vampire :)

Peace... To any fellow Daggers
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    unless you're finding some kind of fight club guild, you wont be seeing too much soloing in PVP. the unwritten rule is typically to not travel alone anywhere. With a few exceptions, 8/10 times numbers will win the fight. It's possible to face multiple players but the answer to 1v2 not working is usually to go 1v5 and so on. Best of luck in Cyrodiil! hope to see you on the battlefield.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭
    Ive seen DK's 1v10 and win (quite embarrasing for me hehe :# ) But as a Nord Templar Vampire (Odd combination, I like odd) It wont be that easy hehe, templars arent built to do those things. What I found for my first PvP experiences in Non-Vet (non vet is arguably a lot more funner than Vet) is that always stick to your group and you wont die, and at first it might be confusing and you might die a lot but thats okay, you have to learn from your deaths :)

Have fun in PvP, For the Pact!
    EP:
    Vesari - Woof Elf NB VR16
    Erenwyn - High Elf Templar VR16
    'Elayne - High Elf Sorc 20
    Erenweyn - High Elf Templar 17
    Sax-In-Da-City - Dark Elf Dragon Knight 4

DC:
    Ammir - Redguard Templar 35
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    solo PvP? mmmm...

• Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    solo PvP? mmmm...

Solo pvp sounds odd, but I just mean wandering around Cyrodil finding players in 1s and 2s.
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    unless you're finding some kind of fight club guild, you wont be seeing too much soloing in PVP...

That's what I was afraid of, but you never know... Thallia made it seem possible. If I ever figure anything out gear / skill combos that make it possible. I'll let people know or make some video.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless you're finding some kind of fight club guild, you wont be seeing too much soloing in PVP...

That's what I was afraid of, but you never know... Thallia made it seem possible. If I ever figure anything out gear / skill combos that make it possible. I'll let people know or make some video.

Look at a few guides, healers are vary valuable with their heals in group play though
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭

It can be possible to completely wreck Smaller groups solo, I've seen it be done before by very skilled players.

For templar its basically a question of Magicka Regen.

I have 3 templars So i can speak from some experience from the BWB Campaign. Just spam your regens, Heals and shields then go in with Puncturing sweep, Wrath of light (I believe its called) and Some 2H abilities like Wrecking blow Spam (hehe) and Critical charge. You just have to have very good stamina and magika Regen and pay attention to how quickly it depletes. You dont want to run out, the second you do, you're dead.

I hope you can somehow make it happen im assuming you are a stamina Templar? Since you are rocking the Nord Templar ;P
    EP:
    Vesari - Woof Elf NB VR16
    Erenwyn - High Elf Templar VR16
    'Elayne - High Elf Sorc 20
    Erenweyn - High Elf Templar 17
    Sax-In-Da-City - Dark Elf Dragon Knight 4

DC:
    Ammir - Redguard Templar 35
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    Thallia wrote: »

It can be possible to completely wreck Smaller groups solo, I've seen it be done before by very skilled players.

For templar its basically a question of Magicka Regen.

I have 3 templars So i can speak from some experience from the BWB Campaign. Just spam your regens, Heals and shields then go in with Puncturing sweep, Wrath of light (I believe its called) and Some 2H abilities like Wrecking blow Spam (hehe) and Critical charge. You just have to have very good stamina and magika Regen and pay attention to how quickly it depletes. You dont want to run out, the second you do, you're dead.

I hope you can somehow make it happen im assuming you are a stamina Templar? Since you are rocking the Nord Templar ;P

I haven't gotten a chance to try it out. And don't really want to not being max rank yet. (I'm 6 vt), but I wanted to try light armor high health w/ burning shield, dampen magic, devouring swarm, ice staff heavy attack shield, invigorating drain, and maybe a heal.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Josh -

Finding small battles: Cyrodiil is generally 2-8 large zergs roaming in circles around the keep of the night. However, it's so large that there are constant supply lines being run, and the battles tend to have a ton of players on the periphery. So yes, you can do a lot of solo fighting. Your best bet as you learn the lay of the land is to look at the map and figure out where players are moving from/to. If red is taking/losing alleisa, for example, they'll be coming down across the one bridge that leads there. This is the most popular spot on the map for ganking...but there are many others. You can find lots of small battles here to learn how they go. But always be wary - any small battle can be halfway done when a group of ten find you.

Edge of the fight: most keep captures are zergy, but they usually go predictably. 1. Large force takes resources in circle. 2. They siege outer wall. 3. Once down, they siege inner wall and leave hole in outer wall stupidly undefended. 4. They break into inner keep. 5. They win or lose based on sheer numbers in a big crazy laggy battle. 6. If they're blue, they all put up the "good job" quick chat, as if they've actually shown any skill by taking a keep with fifty players. Ha. Anyway, any of these fights will have a dozen or more enemies roaming around, where you can find small battles. If they're seiging the inner keep, the hole in the wall is a good place to camp. Or sneak around the wall hunting. Or if your team is seiging the inner, camp out on the inside of an outer door waiting for reinforcements to come in to defend.

Your level: PVP in Cyrodiil is "battle leveled," meaning players get a health/stam/mag buff that puts them on a level playing field w v16s. A v16 should still be stronger because he'll have better gear and possibly a lot of champion points. (However, the game is old enough now that a lot of vets are playing lower level alts...I have a lvl 35 sorc who has 200 champion points, so you can never tell now who's going to be champion buffed). But you can close this marginal gap by playing well and catching them off guard.

You'll never really be in "solo" battles until ZOS releases an arena, which is supposedly coming soon. In the meantime, you can still find small battles all over, but learning how players move about takes time and trying to engage in these might mean dying a lot. However, doing so will provide fifty times the experience and life lessons of moving with a Zerg. My nightblade died A LOT (and still does) trying new and sometimes stupid strategies/battles. But that is helping me fine tune my bar and skills. I can now escape being assaulted by 4-5 enemies about 60-75% of the time. And while this provides no AP, it's very satisfying to take hits from several different players, get away, then watch them run around all pissed they didn't get a kill.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope there's no solo in PVP, try to do the missions from the villages a group will come n kill you, try to do a cave, same thing happens. Try to farm the sewers on an empty server - team orange continuously search our end of the sewers cause they can't get their own tel var, go into the city same thing team orange searching for covenant to steal tel var.

Every time you try to solo a group of orange comes n kills you. As others have said the rule is never travel alone in cyrodiil, even scouting missions should be done in small groups.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There IS solo-play in Cyrodiil, just don't dedicate yourself to that I'd say. Those fights can be tricky to find, they exist if you look in the right places!

Resources are good places to fight is small groups!
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    Some people give advice when they don't know what they're talking about, so take things with a grain of salt... (Magicka Templars won't be spamming Wrecking Blow.)

Being a Templar (and currently a vamp) who PvPs 99% of the time, I'll give you my input. I don't claim to be a top tier PvPer, but there are guys who have great guides out there, so I'll just give you a rundown from my own experience and opinion and point you in a direction.

They are probably the most difficult class to play well in PvP, but can be very effective if played properly. Do a Google search for ESO Templar PvP and look for posts and videos from players like Sypher, Deltia, blabafat, or Kristofer. Make sure the dates they were posted are relatively recent too, so they fit the current build. These guys and gals will give you some great insights, then you can roll with something that fits your playstyle.

I like bullet lists, so here are a couple quick suggestions from me:
    • don't wait until you are v16. You will not instantly have top level gear and it will take time, so right now take advantage of battle leveling and build up your AP and Alliance War skill lines.
    • join up with a pickup group (PUG). There are a few regular ones that run and while they aren't top tier, it will help you learn a lot about strategy and group play.

Cheers!
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    Very informative reply Rainingblood - appreciate your input. I'll check in on those players you said above.

May have just found a guild for DC ps4 so hopefully ill get to jump in on some action soon.

• Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    Soloing/duoing is fun, viable, and a primary reason I play this game. Don't let anyone here talk you out of it. Gets you a lot of AP too.

It won't be much fun if your build isn't tailored for it, though. Ask around, or here, if you need some build/play style tips.
    Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.