The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do Traits Stack on DW?

miked83b14_ESO
miked83b14_ESO
✭✭✭
I'm a magicka user and was wondering if it would be better to DW Swords with Nirnhoned traits or Percise or a combination of the two.

It does state in the tooltip that you would be getting 9% Spell Penetration for each sword. Combined, this should equal 18%. Same as if you were using a 2H Nirnhoned weapon. 18%.

However, there are theories circulating that ZOS may have nerfed the 1 handed bonuses so that DW and 2H are more competitive for Magicka users. Is this true? Thanks.

Best Answers

• miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Asayre wrote: »
    It stacks as you would expect. Two Nirnhoned swords gives 18% spell penetration like one 2H Nirnhoned weapon.

Thanks Asayre! I tried to decipher that from your thorough post on the matter but it was beyond my capabilities.
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Asayre

My understanding of Nirnhoned vs Percise is that Nirnhoned is better for PvP where as Percise is better for PvE.

In your most summarized opinion, when would you consider these traits optimal?
    Edited by miked83b14_ESO on December 30, 2015 9:34PM
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Asayre

My understanding of Nirnhoned vs Percise is that Nirnhoned is better for PvP where as Percise is better for PvE.

In your most summarized opinion, when would you consider these traits optimal?

I personally follow the notion that "when in doubt go nirnhorned" especially if your doing both PvE and PvP. Unless your willing to craft different weapons for both. Extra crit won't help you against Sorcs for example as you can't crit their shields and some players are running impen these days anyway.
  • tangy.citrus
    tangy.citrus
    ✭✭✭
    I think most run 1 precise 1 sharp/nirn honed these days for weapons that work for both pve and pvp. Not to mention some bosses in pve have less defense than others, so the precise out weighs the sharp/nirn in those situations. As a coverall, 1 precise, 1 nirn is best to just blanket everything.
    PC/NA/AD
    Queen Ella - Mag DK - Tank/Healer/DPS
    Dunmer DK Cant Even - Stam DK - DPS/Tank
    Im bad at healing - Mag Templar - DPS/Healer
    Tangy Citrus - NB - Mistake
    #1 AD P.O.S.
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think most run 1 precise 1 sharp/nirn honed these days for weapons that work for both pve and pvp. Not to mention some bosses in pve have less defense than others, so the precise out weighs the sharp/nirn in those situations. As a coverall, 1 precise, 1 nirn is best to just blanket everything.

That actually makes a lot of sense.
    Edited by miked83b14_ESO on January 2, 2016 5:43AM