The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka DK Gear/Stat/Champion Point Questions [Bruiser DPS Edition]

ClockworkArc
ClockworkArc
✭✭✭
Hi Everyone!

I've got a v7 Breton Magicka DK that I'm taking to v16 and have been recently putting some thought into what kind of builds I should be creating. I'm still new to theorycrafting in this game and just want to make sure I'm on the right path.

Ultimately, I want to play a close range Bruiser style DPS that wins by outlasting his opponents. This would ideally by the kind of thing that would excel at small-scale group pvp.

From what I hear, Heavy Armor and mitigation is not the ideal way of dealing with the shear amount of burst that is possible right now. So I'd like to outlast my opponents by outhealing them and thus also being able to put out some respectable dps.

This is what I am aiming for to do this.

Stats 64/0/0
Mundus - The Ritual

5L/2H - All traits Infused, except Divines on Legs and Chest, all Glyphs Magicka.
Jewelry Glyphs - Unknown, Magicka Regen or Spell Cost Reduction

5 Piece - Twilight's Embrace
2 Piece - Scourge Harvester
????? Other items

Weapon Bar 1 - Mace and Shield
Weapon Bar 2 - Resto Staff

Champion Points - Aiming for use at 300. I'm at about 180 now, so hopefully when v16 rolls around I'll be around 300.

Warrior
Quick Recovery - 46 - Increase Healing Received by 9.9%
Resistant - 54 - Reduces the amount of damage you take from critical hits by 16.5%

Thief
Magician - 30 - Reduce Spell Cost by 7.7%
Arcanist - 70 - Increase Magicka Regen by 19.7%

Mage
Elemental Expert - 10 - Increase Elemental Damage by 5%
Blessed - 50 - Increase Healing Effectiveness by 15.6%
Elfborn - 20 - Increase Spell Crit Effectivesnessby 8.1%
Spell Erosion - 20 - Increase Spell Pen by 8.1%

Now with this, I hope to have around 30 - 35K magicka which seems to be fairly standard. This build would also have a great deal of healing received and healing effectiveness, which (if my Scourge procced and I had Igneous Up, and a Draconic Power ability up) would heal me for a total of 2.673 times the normal value, I believe (which would then be reduced by 50% for PVP).

Some specific questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that healing received and healing effectiveness apply multiplicatively?
2. For a build that does not focus on pure damage, am I better off focusing on Spell Penetration or Spell Crit (remembering that spell crit would likely also keep me alive longer with this build)?
3. Is there a certain point where Spell Cost reduction glyphs become more useful than magicka regen glyphs?
4. What would you recommend for other gear sets in order to balance out the survivability and dps of this proposed build?
5. Considering diminishing returns, would maximizing a different Champion Star be better than my split usage? Are there better stars that would help me achieve my goals?
6. Is my build concept even going to work?

Thanks in advance for reading and for your advice.