The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Damage per Second

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dexter411 wrote: »
    2. Go to wayrest sewers(you can skip trash mobs on the way). you are looking for big Crocodile(first boss). Remeber his HP

Console players don't see HP numbers, do they ?

• timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
    2. Go to wayrest sewers(you can skip trash mobs on the way). you are looking for big Crocodile(first boss). Remeber his HP

No they dont, just an hp bar. If i knew what the exact health was for some V16 bosses i could test it but on console theres no way that i know of
    Edited by timmayyyboy on December 31, 2015 10:41AM
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they dont, just an hp bar. If i knew what the exact health was for some V16 bosses i could test it but on console theres no way that i know of

I would assume that bosses on console have the same HP as on PC.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at level 23 the croc boss has something like 80k (cannot fact check it anymore)
    at vet 16 it is 695k

Edited by hrothbern on December 31, 2015 11:39AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭

My bad.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    I play console and don't know how to calculate dps, any suggestions?
    Does anybody know of a good way to test what you dps is on console accurately?

1.Hire tank
    3. Right when fight starts start timer of some sort(phone,watch whatever)
    4. Stop timer when croc is dead
    5. Do the math. Boss hp / how long you fought boss = dps

If you want Boss HP's there are trials guides that have them listed if you google say "ESO AA guide". If you're looking for vet dungeon boss HP like bloodspawns, your best bet is to ask a PC player here to confirm it for you, then do the math as @Dexter411 said.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1.Hire tank

Its better to test on Bloodspawn (vet Spindleclutch gargoyle boss) or trial bosses.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

1.Hire tank

If you want Boss HP's there are trials guides that have them listed if you google say "ESO AA guide". If you're looking for vet dungeon boss HP like bloodspawns, your best bet is to ask a PC player here to confirm it for you, then do the math as @Dexter411 said.

I'm afraid it wouldn't work.
    Dungeon and trial bosses have undergone quite a few adjustment over the patches which impact their HP, thus unless you know the exact date of the video, you can't be sure that's the same HP level you'll get.
    And with all the scaling now in vet dungeons, I bet you can't be sure either, depending on whom the dungeon was scaled to, if it was a regular or a grouping-tool'ed group, etc.
    I'm afraid that would be all a LOT of hassle for a very unreliable result.
    Furthermore, bloodspawn fight is far too short to be reliable, and half a second too early or too late to stop the stopwatch would impact your results drastically.

Another thing : tanks and healers do damage, too. A VR16 solid tank usually reflects quite a bit of the damage he gets (if only via passives), so that would be another bias.

You'd better "follow your instinct" and your feeling. You cannot measure your DPS numerically on consoles.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on December 31, 2015 2:03PM
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    I read this thread and I have some simple questiosn: where did you guys took all this numbers? How its even possible to do so much dps?

For example: I have a vr16 sorc and tried some highly commended stam and magika builds from youtube, but I still cant do more then 8-12k single target dps in purple vr15 gear. I know about ESO broken combat mechanic (animation canceling etc), but i'm not allways can use it properly (or not allways even want to use it). So its no way to do at least 15k dps without using these exploits, right?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1.Hire tank

I'm afraid it wouldn't work.
    Dungeon and trial bosses have undergone quite a few adjustment over the patches which impact their HP, thus unless you know the exact date of the video, you can't be sure that's the same HP level you'll get.
    And with all the scaling now in vet dungeons, I bet you can't be sure either, depending on whom the dungeon was scaled to, if it was a regular or a grouping-tool'ed group, etc.
    I'm afraid that would be all a LOT of hassle for a very unreliable result.
    Furthermore, bloodspawn fight is far too short to be reliable, and half a second too early or too late to stop the stopwatch would impact your results drastically.

Another thing : tanks and healers do damage, too. A VR16 solid tank usually reflects quite a bit of the damage he gets (if only via passives), so that would be another bias.

You'd better "follow your instinct" and your feeling. You cannot measure your DPS numerically on consoles.

Yuup. But unfortunately the only option on consoles atm. IIRC ZOS is working on getting consoles some of these damage/buff tracking features soon however.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxetro wrote: »
    I read this thread and I have some simple questiosn: where did you guys took all this numbers? How its even possible to do so much dps?

For example: I have a vr16 sorc and tried some highly commended stam and magika builds from youtube, but I still cant do more then 8-12k single target dps in purple vr15 gear. I know about ESO broken combat mechanic (animation canceling etc), but i'm not allways can use it properly (or not allways even want to use it). So its no way to do at least 15k dps without using these exploits, right?

Weaving only gives a few thousands dps, and 8-12k is really low, especially for your class. What kind of builds are you using?
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on December 31, 2015 2:34PM

PC/EU
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Weaving only gives a few thousands dps, and 8-12k is really low, especially for your class. What kind of builds are you using?

Nothing special, standart sorc magika build atm. My gear is 5 light pieces of Kargenac's Hope, medium Torugs pact hat and weapons and Molag Kena shoulder and 3 willpower jewlery. All skills and passives is up (I have like 260-280 skill points, so its not a problem), I dont have much champion points (240 champion rank, so I have like 70-75 points in each tree), but I guess i'm using it wise (all in reduce mana cost, more critical dmg, more penetration, reduce fire dmg to character etc).

"Finisher/burst" skills pannel
    Stats with "finisher/burst" pannel
    "Sustain" skills pannel
    Stats with "sustain" pannel
    Gear
    Edited by maxetro on December 31, 2015 3:12PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tangy.citrus :

OP was asking for an "OK DPS". Not what the current olympic scores are.
    What you're spreading are numbers that only 0.5% top players can achieve.
    And you pretend it's easy.

I'd advise everyone to not believe anything in your message. It's not a benchmark for "everyone". All you'll achieve (besides feeding your own ego) is disgust casuals and make them leave the game. Is that what you want ?

And don't forget that such numbers are not needed at all in the game.

If you give any effort in the game at all, you can achieve 20k easy on most things.

Simply not true. Attaining that DPS requires specific gear, a specific build, a specific rotation, specific buffs, extensive knowledge of the abilities/gear in the game, zero "role-play" or PvP stuff negatively impacting your performance, near perfect animation canceling, and a complete disregard for anything that might not max out your spell/weapon damage or your magicka/stamina pool.

That's more than "any" effort" and it's not easy to do.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing special, standart sorc magika build atm. My gear is 5 light pieces of Kargenac's Hope, medium Torugs pact hat and weapons and Molag Kena shoulder and 3 willpower jewlery. All skills and passives is up (I have like 260-280 skill points, so its not a problem), I dont have much champion points (240 champion rank, so I have like 70-75 points in each tree), but I guess i'm using it wise (all in reduce mana cost, more critical dmg, more penetration, reduce fire dmg to character etc).

"Finisher/burst" skills pannel
    Stats with "finisher/burst" pannel
    "Sustain" skills pannel
    Stats with "sustain" pannel
    Gear

Seems like you're built a little more towards sustain than damage and would benefit from working on animation canceling a little bit. Maybe spec out of sustain a little bit to get a better balance. As @Zinaroth stated previously, in PvE, if you're finishing fights with say 50% or more of your resources, you can use to spec out of sustain for more damage.

Players getting very high dps are not exploiting anything, animation canceling is part of the combat system (currently). You wont want to compare yourself to these numbers unless your gear is v16.
    Edited by Cuyler on December 31, 2015 3:52PM
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Players getting very high dps are not exploiting anything, animation canceling is part of the combat system (currently). You wont want to compare yourself to these numbers unless your gear is v16.

Well, in my opinion animation canceling is a cancer and it should be fixed/removed from the game. Its totally lore and immersive breacking, so i'm trying not to use it at all (even more, I have a macro keyboard, so I can bind light attack/skill/block rotations to buttons, but i'm not doing it).
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, in my opinion animation canceling is a cancer and it should be fixed/removed from the game. Its totally lore and immersive breacking, so i'm trying not to use it at all (even more, I have a macro keyboard, so I can bind light attack/skill/block rotations to buttons, but i'm not doing it).

/facepalm. you don't need to macro anything to animation cancel effectively. Well IMO, anyone with that ideology I'm sure even if ZOS removed AC would still find a way to hold themselves back from being the best player they can be and then blame it on non-existent exploits, macros or "immersion".

Anyways, you don't even need to AC to get these average numbers. I was just suggesting it because it makes it that much easier.
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    /facepalm. you don't need to macro anything to animation cancel effectively. Well IMO, anyone with that ideology I'm sure even if ZOS removed AC would still find a way to hold themselves back from being the best player they can be and then blame it on non-existent exploits, macros or "immersion".

Anyways, you don't even need to AC to get these average numbers. I was just suggesting it because it makes it that much easier.

Yes, but what is easier - press 1 button on keyboard, or 3 buttons on keyboard and mouse in a small amount of time?

Believe it or not, but animation canceling is a broken mechanic, it doesnt mentioned in any ingame tips or tutorials and majority of players doesnt know anything about it. I dont want to use broken mechanic, and i dont want to be "best player" (i'm in this game almost from the begining, but have only 1 vr16 character, never been in any trial, never been in dragonstar arena and didnt complete at least half of vet dungeons achievments). So yes, immersive and lore is much more important for me then bare numbers of my dps.

But anyway, i asked how to reach 15k dps mark WITHOUT animation canceling and how its possible without top tier vr16 gear.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but what is easier - press 1 button on keyboard, or 3 buttons on keyboard and mouse in a small amount of time?

Believe it or not, but animation canceling is a broken mechanic, it doesnt mentioned in any ingame tips or tutorials and majority of players doesnt know anything about it. I dont want to use broken mechanic, and i dont want to be "best player" (i'm in this game almost from the begining, but have only 1 vr16 character, never been in any trial, never been in dragonstar arena and didnt complete at least half of vet dungeons achievments). So yes, immersive and lore is much more important for me then bare numbers of my dps.

But anyway, i asked how to reach 15k dps mark WITHOUT animation canceling and how its possible without top tier vr16 gear.

Firstly, try to use blue buff food instead of drinks. 4k extra magicka will boost your damage quite a bit, and you will be able to remove points/glyphs from health stat. If you're worried about sustain, slot elemental drain and/or ask a healer to use it (and mystic orbs/siphon spirit).
    Secondly, I dont really understand why youre using entropy and surge... It gives the same buff and casting both is a huge dps loss.
    Also, you're not using inner light, so you have less mana, less regen and less crit. Yeah, its a toggle, but it buffs your dps quite a bit. You can get rid of frags on second bar and either surge or entropy, so you can slot it.
    P.S. If you cant afford vr16 gear, maybe you can get at least vr16 weapons? When upgraded to gold, they will give you some extra spell damage.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on December 31, 2015 5:07PM

PC/EU
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, try to use blue buff food instead of drinks. 4k extra magicka will boost your damage quite a bit, and you will be able to remove points/glyphs from health stat. If you're worried about sustain, slot elemental drain and/or ask a healer to use it (and mystic orbs/siphon spirit).
    Secondly, I dont really understand why youre using entropy and surge... It gives the same buff and casting both is a huge dps loss.
    Also, you're not using inner light, so you have less mana, less regen and less crit. Yeah, its a toggle, but it buffs your dps quite a bit. You can get rid of frags on second bar and either surge or entropy, so you can slot it.
    P.S. If you cant afford vr16 gear, maybe you can get at least vr16 weapons? When upgraded to gold, they will give you some extra spell damage.

Yup, I know all of that i'm using drinks for solo play only (questing, maelstorm arena), and blue vr15 health/mana food for dungeons. My weapon is vr16, staff is gold, but swords still purple.
    With food I have almost 32k mana, i'm not using inner light because I hate it visual effect (btw, my staff is lightning one, not fire and I know that fire staff is more powerfull, but I like lightning visuals more) and because I have 51% of magic crit anyway (but i'm using expert hunter in stam build, btw). Degeneration on second pannel is for might of the guild passive from magic guild tree (+20% dmg for instant frag or velocios curse cast).
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, I know all of that i'm using drinks for solo play only (questing, maelstorm arena), and blue vr15 health/mana food for dungeons. My weapon is vr16, staff is gold, but swords still purple.
    With food I have almost 32k mana, i'm not using inner light because I hate it visual effect (btw, my staff is lightning one, not fire and I know that fire staff is more powerfull, but I like lightning visuals more) and because I have 51% of magic crit anyway (but i'm using expert hunter in stam build, btw). Degeneration on second pannel is for might of the guild passive from magic guild tree (+20% dmg for instant frag or velocios curse cast).

You can turn off the magelight orb. I also find it annoying, but if you want to have good dps, you have to use all possible advantages. This is how people pull 25+k, its not just animation cancelling (which is not an exploit and imo weaving looks more smooth than just spamming force shock).
    But if you're 100% sure you dont want to weave, then it doesnt matter if your staff is not fire based.
    Also, the time you lose when applying entropy for your procced crystal fragment is not worth that 20% damage increase. Thats around 1 second (or maybe even 2-3-4 if youre swapping bars for this) without any dps whatsoever. And yeah, dps is like a race, you cant stop even for a moment (unless you have to block manticora jump or pick inhibitor's pinion). Sounds like you need to work on your spell rotation and figure out why you're losing so much dps. Just imagine if you killed a boss in 30 seconds and lost 5-10 on your entropy "trick" and other stuff like that. So even if you did 20k dps, this time loss will drop it to 13-15.
    You can try an addon called Srendarr to see spell durations, it helps a lot.

PC/EU
  • Dexter411
    Dexter411
    ✭✭✭
    Another question.
    I tried to make my "super duper theorycrafterd build" and i have noticed very wierd thing/numbers.
    I tested on the same mob(red moving trees in Wrothgar) Wrecking Blow vs Rapid Strikes
    Same sets, difference in weapon damage ~50 (2h purple, DW both blue)
    WB spam without any other action 8-9k dps depends on crit
    RS spam same, wtthout any other action 5-6k.
    2h and DW are on lvl50 all passives checked.
    RS is really so weak or +20% that you get from WB is really that strong?
    I didnt really tested RS, on my normal rotation/combos, but i have noticed that by using it instead of WB by dps dropped drastically(in other worlds, mobs die slower)